Why is it that most people who deal with HK guns/HK parts should not be trusted?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why is it that most people who deal with HK guns/HK parts should not be trusted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Why is it that most people who deal with HK guns/HK parts should not be trusted?

As the title implies WHY? I realize like with everything else there are good people and bad ones but I have spent over 40K buying HK guns as well as HK parts and find that most people are not truly honest about what they are selling. Either parts have been swapped out in the rifles leaving them not genuine factory or they leave out details about the actual condition. I have seen it in parts deals as well and some of you on here know what I am talking about. I am having a couple more builds completed and I am finished with the HK scene. Just my thoughts and experiences. Thanks.
    God bless,
    Eagle45

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It really pays to do your homework. Most of the P7M8 on Gunbroker that are advertised as new in box are not in new condition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tuvia, I am not only talking about HKP7s but HK91's as well. I have collected over15 HK91's as well as a ton of parts and like I said some of these people are known to these pages.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I see that a lot with Hk's and other guns online it seems a lot more common now more than ever I had close friend almost get scam out of HK because he wanted in and it was in other state just stuff like that makes you want to stop buying from people online in general. I will only buy from people who live in my state and who are close by when comes to guns and with parts it's a hint or miss anymore.
    Last edited by lakelandman; 12-10-2017 at 04:01 AM.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

i think it has part to do with all the HK clones (poor mans HK) on the market and people remark or rebrand them.

they then sell it to an unscrupulous buyer as an original because it says so right on the gun. that person then decides to sell a few years down the road as an original because they had no clue to begin with.

personally i hate the HK clone business. will never buy one or never own one. i will only buy an original HK product.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just my 2 cents; when money can be made, people get dishonest.

It does not matter of it's HKs, cars, real estate, wine etc.. Just do your homework.
    venomsfp9 likes this.
    Taktisch ausweichen, später anschließen!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Try collecting WW2 era guns, or worst yet, civil war era guns. Talk about switched out parts and things not being genuine. With HKs, I also think there is an element of, some people just don't know the difference (meaning, they don't realize they are selling something with clone parts). Couple that with, the price difference between genuine and reproduction (clone) parts. I'd be wiling to bet it's not much different collecting pre WW2 motorcycles or anything else highly collectible. At least with your typical 91, 93, 94, a vast majority of parts are not highly valuable and easily exchanged for genuine parts. I think one key is to not collect ahead of your own knowledge. Know and understand what you are buying.

There is someone on Gun Broker selling PDW K barrels and other items that look spectacular, for a very modest price. Even some supporting vendors here are buying his things. That person is, or has been a member here (I haven't seen him post here in quite a while because he would get called out for his lack of honesty). The guy is a cheat through and through. I don't care how "Big" "Mr" "Koch" is, I'd bet a few pay checks those barrels are as HK factory original as Dolly Parton's boobs.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Suds, you always have an eloquent way of saying things lol.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    .... I'd bet a few pay checks those barrels are as HK factory original as Dolly Parton's boobs.
    Priceless!! But at least Ms. Parton upgrades her boobs every few years. Folks who peddle HK clones can care less about upgrades.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I don't care how "Big" "Mr" "Koch" is, I'd bet a few pay checks those barrels are as HK factory original as Dolly Parton's boobs.
    My gosh. Are you telling me they're fake?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links