Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By straightgrain
  • 1 Post By hauptfeldwebel

Thread: HK Import question...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Default HK Import question...

I know...the old adage "curiosity killed the cat", but this has been lingering around in the back of my head for some time.
    I have to ask, for those that know, and please correct me if I'm wrong......always interested in learning.

So, if it is "legal" to import certain items....if you never plan on selling it, where exactly would you find these rare unicorns?
    For example, where would you find an HK23E feed mechanism? {Aside from the $4K ones listed on GB}
    Caveat: I have no intention on importing anything....just don't have the time or interest.....just curious. Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Last edited by Brad4065; 01-13-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Merchant of Death (Admin)
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Guns and gun part movement across the US border is currently controlled by the State Department via International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). So... You could ostensibly find such a feed mech in Germany at a "reasonable" price. It's getting it here that becomes the metric and imperial pain in the glutes. You have to comply with German export requirements and then you have to comply with US import requirements. This usually entails enlisting a licensed importer or broker who is already familiar with the circus. That has a price (usually significant). Spread that price across 100 units and it is a bit bearable. Just one? Not so much. Which is why they remain so expensive on GB.

Wondering what happened to your posts???
    Please take a moment to re-read the terms that
    you agreed to
    when you signed up:
    Hidden Content .

Help bring sense to the NFA world, join Hidden Content .

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

You are not going to find affordable HK23E parts in Germany either. They are a big no-no in Germany, so the ones out there are at licensed collectors. If you find one, it will most likely over 4k.
    Brad4065 likes this.
    Taktisch ausweichen, später anschließen!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Thanks Guys!!!! Guess that answers a lot of that question.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brad4065 View Post
    Thanks Guys!!!! Guess that answers a lot of that question.
    $4k is actually cheap in todays market, if you do buy one just make sure its real from what I have seen and heard the counterfeiters are getting good real good............Remember the one I sold awhile back, couple of guys thought I was making money on the deal truth was just trying to get my money out of what I had in it, was bought with a collection of parts to get one part I needed seller would only sell collection of parts.
    Last edited by caf82313; 01-13-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    HK HK HK HK HK HK HK .. U.S.A Hidden Content

Maximum effort
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hauptfeldwebel View Post
    You are not going to find affordable HK23E parts in Germany either. They are a big no-no in Germany, so the ones out there are at licensed collectors. If you find one, it will most likely over 4k.
    A 23E feed mech is a free part in Germany, kein wesentlicher Teil.
    Life is an endless series of trainwrecks with only brief commercial-like breaks of happiness.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I was more referring to the HK23E itself as a no no. The part itself might be permitted, but if the toy is rare.. so are the parts. The chance of winning the Spiel 77 jackpot is probably higher than finding export-only full auto parts in Germany. If someone has it it's probably Heiko from ZIB.

I think you have a better chance at LuxDefTec in Luxemburg or at the militaria market at Ciney.

Of someone in Germany has HK21/HK23 parts.. they have a collection and they will most likely not be easily convinced to give up their später.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If it was that easy someone else would have figured it out and imported them LONG time ago...

Sponsored Links