Thread: H&K The protest is over: USMC fields the M27 IAR

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default H&K The protest is over: USMC fields the M27 IAR

dushan and Vidor like this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Awesome, now hopefully 433 gets fielded as well and HK gets flush with cash they can then spend on throwing a few bones to civilians?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

MR556A3--- "here I come"!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

this is big news, hopefully the other branches will think about switching over to HK

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

But he's wrong. The M27 isn't replacing the M4 in the USMC. Not for the time being at least. I believe he may have misspoken.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ITD1944 View Post
    But he's wrong. The M27 isn't replacing the M4 in the USMC. Not for the time being at least. I believe he may have misspoken.
    Correct. I have heard nothing yet.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

the m27 is going to be issues to all front line infantry troops, they are looking to order between 900 and 11k this fiscal year. the m4 and m16a4 will still be used for the other marines
    Last edited by Leperchuan0311; 02-02-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’ve been issued the M16A2, M16A3, and several variants of the M4, and I see this as amazingly good news. Interestingly, my first ever issued M16A2 was made by FN. Most of the Colt-made models were rattletraps. But all functioned properly, when properly maintained. The ability to go longer between cleanings is something every USMC grunt will forever be grateful for.
    Wild Bill and blizzardscout2 like this.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Awesome news. I was a 0311 Marine Corps Infantryman in the 1990s and we all had the Colt M16A2's. I bet those grunts cant wait to get their hands on these HK's. Its no secret that us Marines always had the old gear. We didnt even get Gortex Jackets until like 94-95. Most of our gear was literally from the Vietnam Era, up until when we got the Gortex Jackets and then slowly piece by piece we started to get newer, better gear. I have been hearing that the Corps is finally getting some of the best new gear and equipment on the market, which is nice for a change, and i bet the Infantry Boys will be loving life, but then will have to find something else to complain about.....Semper FI

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0311S View Post
    Awesome news. I was a 0311 Marine Corps Infantryman in the 1990s and we all had the Colt M16A2's. I bet those grunts cant wait to get their hands on these HK's. Its no secret that us Marines always had the old gear. We didnt even get Gortex Jackets until like 94-95. Most of our gear was literally from the Vietnam Era, up until when we got the Gortex Jackets and then slowly piece by piece we started to get newer, better gear. I have been hearing that the Corps is finally getting some of the best new gear and equipment on the market, which is nice for a change, and i bet the Infantry Boys will be loving life, but then will have to find something else to complain about.....Semper FI
    My guess is today's grunts have It far better than they realize when it comes to equipment and small arms. I served in the early 70's hell our c-rations were dated from Korea. Needless to say I'm envious and happy to see the Corps get reliable more modern weapons. When we transitioned from the M14 to the M16A1 it was not a welcome transition. I never complained once about having a 45 as my side arm though. Different times a more modern and effective Marine Corps. is a welcome sight.

Semper Fi
    Last edited by Wild Bill; 02-03-2018 at 09:39 AM.
    omega21 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links