HK Gun collection getting dusty - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: HK Gun collection getting dusty

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Everyone has made good points both emotional, protection oriented, or financial.

That is the joy with this thread and the reason i started it...all make sense.

I may trim back and use the money on things that will give me even more awesome memories with my kids, but also still keep some to protect my family if the bottom falls out(lesser now that Trump owned NK).

Answers to all threads below

1. Personal net worth is known and only two other ppl know.....attorney and my mother!
    2. Maturing(old)....yes getting old, now when i see hot women I run and dont want drama(divorced once, learned lesson), Id rather cut lawn or ride in a tractor.
    3. number 1 goal - watch kids grow up and live safe health lives, and take my last breathe on my land listening to the wheat whisper in the wind
    4. If i were to cut down to 3 firearms it would be glock 17, my old mega arms AR, and m4 shotgun j/k

Have a good evening everyone!
    omega21 likes this.

Needs Therapy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm in this same position. I've been kicking the idea around of selling some of the guns that I never even look at anymore. I think as I've gotten older, my taste and interests changed so I'm gravitating toward certain guns more than others.

I also look at some of these guns like I'm just the care taker and maybe I should give other people the opportunity to own these guns and appreciate them as I did when I first got them.

I don't really need the money, but then again, maybe I could do something else with the cash instead of having it just sit in cases. It's a tough call.

sdx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

" take my last breathe on my land listening to the wheat whisper in the wind "

Thank-you, that is a great sentence.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelVain View Post
    ...I've been kicking the idea around of selling some of the guns that I never even look at anymore....I also look at some of these guns like I'm just the care taker and maybe I should give other people the opportunity to own these guns and appreciate them as I did when I first got them....It's a tough call.
    Sell or give away the ones you don't want or need, and let others enjoy them. Once you start with the first one, you'll see how easy it is. It's all about letting things go, and moving on.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohanan View Post
    4. If i were to cut down to 3 firearms it would be glock 17, my old mega arms AR, and m4 shotgun j/k
    I try to have two of each gun since I have two boys and it has lead to a fairly cumbersome number of guns. If you're cutting down, my advice would be to at least keep enough to outfit each of your children with a rifle, sidearm and shotgun at a bare minimum. Hell, why not a subgun in there too? They may not be that into it now, but it's funny how having kids of your own changes everything. They may very well appreciate the ability to protect their own families after you're gone more than anything else you could leave them.

Of course, the more guns you leave them the better they will be able to distribute them to their kids when the next generation comes along. And so on and so forth. And that's how you can be the patriarch that protects your progeny into the future.

Americans are becoming dumber, more gullible and more complacent with every passing year. I will shocked if we don't see bans on most commonly owned guns in our lifetime. You may kick yourself for selling stuff you cannot replace later.
    Yohanan and wallew like this.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I try to have two of each gun since I have two boys and it has lead to a fairly cumbersome number of guns. If you're cutting down, my advice would be to at least keep enough to outfit each of your children with a rifle, sidearm and shotgun at a bare minimum. Hell, why not a subgun in there too? They may not be that into it now, but it's funny how having kids of your own changes everything. They may very well appreciate the ability to protect their own families after you're gone more than anything else you could leave them.

Of course, the more guns you leave them the better they will be able to distribute them to their kids when the next generation comes along. And so on and so forth. And that's how you can be the patriarch that protects your progeny into the future.

Americans are becoming dumber, more gullible and more complacent with every passing year. I will shocked if we don't see bans on most commonly owned guns in our lifetime. You may kick yourself for selling stuff you cannot replace later.
    Amen to that, You don't miss it till you no longer have it. Freedom=Guns+Ammo

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I think I'm going to follow this idea

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If this is the case, as a single guy with no kids. I shoould get a huge stock of guns for my future "children" =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lots of great advice in this thread. Perhaps start a bit slow with getting rid of things. As you part with items, you’ll probably figure out exactly what you really need.

Tug
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Start selling the junk now. Put a name to a each weapon if you want the weapons to go to specific kids. The worst thing you can do is to split your assets by ratio. Nobody wants to own a third of a house or a USP. Or just dictate that the pile will be auctioned and the proceeds go to the kids in some sort of plan.

I have had many times where I needed to sell the Corvette. And the sear. But I have managed to hang on. Now those investments are meaningful. Kids are great. But don't let them break you.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links