Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Gauging Interest On Data Sale

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Don't you guys know, after Tony sells you the data, he's going to then sell subscriptions for annual updates. The industry refers to this as "maintenance."
    Funny you say that--- a fellow member suggested that--- I would have to figure out how to keep the new data separate!!!
    Because information is updated daily (not necessarily HK), if the data is not voluminous, updates would probably be at no charge to HKPRO (for HK data).

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

And I thought that "email" would be the quickest turnaround, as I would probably only go to the post office about 1x/week!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)

Also thinking about "telephone support" for those that have specific questions about the data!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

A couple of things - learned on 'the other end of the phone' doing CSR/TSR when computers just got sound and the ability to play CD'S (Not DVD'S - that would be later) back in the early 1990's.

IF you are going to offer updates, pick a time period, like ONCE A YEAR. And offer specific questions via email/IM/PM but it SHOULD BE IN WRITING. That makes it clear to what the question is. IF you can't write it down clearly chances are you won't be able to talk about your question to make it clear as to WHAT your question actually is.

You don't want to spend every waking minute answering a CSR phone number ringing. TRUST ME. Been there. Done that. Not what you want to do in the this day and age of instant communications.

Just some suggestions and are worth exactly what you paid for it. NADA.
    Last edited by wallew; 12-01-2018 at 12:39 AM.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    That had crossed my mind--- but the format will be the same on the thumb drive--- right???

Tony
    Go with a PDF file since it is a universal file format and every modern PC (with a PDF reader) can open it. Almost every word processing app has the ability to export the document to PDF format.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm in for the HK data!

Larry

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    Go with a PDF file since it is a universal file format and every modern PC (with a PDF reader) can open it. Almost every word processing app has the ability to export the document to PDF format.
    Yeah, but Tony's been doing this so long he probably has it all in VisiCalc.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

Also thinking about "telephone support" for those that have specific questions about the data!!!

Tony
    For most people here, if you farmed out the call center support to India, it might be easier to understand them, than your lower Alabama accent.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    222 Post(s)

You're killing me, @SudS .

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Funny you say that--- a fellow member suggested that--- I would have to figure out how to keep the new data separate!!!
    Because information is updated daily (not necessarily HK), if the data is not voluminous, updates would probably be at no charge to HKPRO (for HK data).

Tony
    Walk into the light....there is this thing we call the internet that you can use to make the data available online with ALL the latest updates....and this other new marvel called email, where by if you are not that technically inclined you can still use it to communicate almost instantaneously, and it has one other benefit....you can send things called attachments with your email to a group of people all at once. Its a brave new world I know.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links