Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Gauging Interest On Data Sale

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sardine1861 View Post
    Awesome idea and would purchase without question. From the view of someone who works with similar type offerings. Any format should be searchable, contain FAQs, & a glossary. Agree with others issue updates on a schedule. You are a great ambassador and contributor of knowledge to this community.
    Searching will be by scrolling down the data --- I have tried to categorize firearms (e.g., HK variants, AK variants, etc.)!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK556WI View Post
    Close--- but the telephone itself is a little bit more modern--- a little bit!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I think it would be best for you to distribute an "owner locked" PDF file, which could be hosted on a file-sharing service or you could email to folks (if file size is under 20ish MB) along with their individual access password. That would limit the risk of re-distribution. Folks would need to enter a password to open the PDF, which is a bit of a hassle, but maybe folks could send you a requested password along with the money so it is easy for them to recall it or put it in their password manager. With this system, if the PDF gets into the wild, as soon as it is separated from its password it is much harder to access. And if it is distributed with the password...then you know where it came from because the passwords are unique to each file.

(Also, I own the latest version of Adobe Acrobat and would be happy to create the files (at zero cost to you) provided the number of files needed was something I could manage along with work and family responsibilities.)
    Last edited by GPSIG; 12-03-2018 at 04:51 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GPSIG View Post
    I think it would be best for you to distribute an "owner locked" PDF file, which could be hosted on a file-sharing service or you could email to folks (if file size is under 20ish MB) along with their individual access password. That would limit the risk of re-distribution. Folks would need to enter a password to open the PDF, which is a bit of a hassle, but maybe folks could send you a requested password along with the money so it is easy for them to recall it or put it in their password manager. With this system, if the PDF gets into the wild, as soon as it is separated from its password it is much harder to access. And if it is distributed with the password...then you know where it came from because the passwords are unique to each file.

(Also, I own the latest version of Adobe Acrobat and would be happy to create the files (at zero cost to you) provided the number of files needed was something I could manage along with work and family responsibilities.)
    This is an excellent idea--- as my tech-fu is weak, I do need to find a way to prevent re-distribution--- I may need to call you at some point!!!
    Currently, the total data is 7.05MB.

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 12-03-2018 at 11:34 AM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

After a few requests and 2 days of research, I have added the HK4, P9/P9S, and VP70Z to the data!!!
    Until now, I did not realize the time put into the data.
    Therefore, I believe that the final price for HKPRO members will be $75.00 (HK only) and $150.00 (all), plus any additional, actual expenses (thumb drive, postage, etc.)--- still trying to determine the method of delivery.

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Email with attachment was what I was thinking--- no group email--- some may not want others to know their email address!!!

Tony
    @AGG - On a group email, you could address all the recipients in the BCC: [blind carbon copy] field instead of the TO: or CC: fields. Then no one could see the address of any of the recipients. Try it with a test message to yourself.

Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm impressed. It would be sad if the work you did went to waste. Sell it, make some money, have some fun!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman007 View Post
    @AGG - On a group email, you could address all the recipients in the BCC: [blind carbon copy] field instead of the TO: or CC: fields. Then no one could see the address of any of the recipients. Try it with a test message to yourself.

Rick
    Rick,

Thanks--- I wondered what BCC: was!!!
    However, I want everyone to be able to amend the list/add their own notes.

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Went4It View Post
    I'm impressed. It would be sad if the work you did went to waste. Sell it, make some money, have some fun!
    I am humbled--- my priority is that the information is not lost over time--- I am also hopeful that others will continue the work!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    I believe that others can vouch for me!!!

Tony
    Sorry, not referencing you. USPS "loses" cash and stuff all of the time.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links