2019....What has it brought to HK? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 2019....What has it brought to HK?

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_in_29 View Post
    Sorry but you are wrong.

With the hugely expanded contract to now supply M27s to the entire Marine Corps (instead of just a few thousand SAW replacements) and some to the Army as well HK HAD to start producing them within the USA. Just as Beretta and FN had to open factories here for the same reasons after they won similar contracts.

There is a US Law called the Berry Amendment that requires it.

From all the other answers here it appears that, despite everyone telling me I was wrong, I did in fact know what I was talking about when I stated this was the reason for the expansion. And not some long awaited shift of HK's corporate mentality to fulfill fanboi dreams of resurrecting older models or introducing multitudes of new ones.

It seems that, "HK, because you suck and we hate you." still reigns supreme.
    No, in fact you're still wrong. Show me a pic of a M27 that wasn't made in Germany.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leperchuan0311 View Post
    You can believe what ever you want including the Easter Bunny and Santa for all i care. I will trust what I know to be true from my Friend
    Hey now! That's pushing it a bit too far mister! I still believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

they sent me a new 40...........sorta.........

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leperchuan0311 View Post
    Well as of last month nothing had changed and I have dinner with him every year at shot. And there is nothing confirmed on the Army. All Marine orders are being fulfilled in Germany.
    I understand what the law stated but the Marine order isn't over 100k

and I am done I am not trying to be in the middle of a stupid pissing contest. You can believe what ever you want including the Easter Bunny and Santa for all i care. I will trust what I know to be true from my Friend
    My mistake, it is an open ended contract with an initial purchase of 50K rifles by the Marines though the Army is looking to get some more as well. Which still triggers the "made in USA" requirement.

Delivery on that contract hasn't started yet.
    Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.
    Ronald Reagan

How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think.
    Adolph Hitler

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armed in Utah View Post
    they sent me a new 40...........sorta.........
    Very nice!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As has been stated for years, H&K really does not care about the civilian market. If they did they would be producing highly desirable firearms at their GA plant since they can't be imported in the configuration we want. I doubt if they will ever give us what we want, the good ole days of the '80's & early '90's are gone forever. Just think of what could have been, US made semi-auto 416 A5's, MP5 SBR's, G36's, and HK433's. It's enough to make you tear up at what could have been.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

"When the people fear the govt there is tyranny, when the govt fears the people there is liberty."
    Thomas Jefferson
    GOA Life Member

FS1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    As has been stated for years, H&K really does not care about the civilian market. If they did they would be producing highly desirable firearms at their GA plant since they can't be imported in the configuration we want. I doubt if they will ever give us what we want, the good ole days of the '80's & early '90's are gone forever. Just think of what could have been, US made semi-auto 416 A5's, MP5 SBR's, G36's, and HK433's. It's enough to make you tear up at what could have been.
    Maybe HK just does not trust US politics enough to make a major investment in this Country. The Mil and Police business is a much safer bet. We all want more, but at minimum I would prefer not to lose what we have.
    GuntherRommel and DarkeWolf like this.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal that made good under pressure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
    Maybe HK just does not trust US politics enough to make a major investment in this Country. The Mil and Police business is a much safer bet. We all want more, but at minimum I would prefer not to lose what we have.
    This. We are always just one election away from the market changing drastically. I've looked at getting into a particular segment of the firearms business a couple of times and its just too risky if you are not going after police or .mil contracts- which I wouldnt be.
    DarkeWolf likes this.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    It goes without saying that they don’t care about the civilian market, If they did where would be the first place you would go ....the obvious choice would be the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by crang11 View Post
    This. We are always just one election away from the market changing drastically. I've looked at getting into a particular segment of the firearms business a couple of times and its just too risky if you are not going after police or .mil contracts- which I wouldnt be.
    Not disagreeing, just adding my thoughts to what both of you have said.
    We’ve been one election away from climate/market change since the:
    1934 National Firearms Act
    1968 Gun Control Act
    1986 Hughes Amendment “Firearms Protection Act”
    1989 Assault Weapon Ban
    1993 Brady Bill
    1994 Assault Weapon Ban

The politics are not going away, they knew that when they first got in the game when they exported the first 3/62 G3’s.
    By 11/62 they had to make changes to the rifle to please the climate and continued exporting roller locks until ‘89.

Found an interesting article: How Foreign Guns Invaded the U.S.
    “Overseas gun companies flock to the U.S. for an obvious reason: to access the richest civilian firearm market in the world, one that operates with notably lax regulation. Gun control in Europe is far more strict.”

The article is primarily based on handguns. It talks about companies like Barreta, SIG, Taurus, Glock ...etc., I didn’t see Heckler and Koch mentioned one time.

Getting back to Jack_Bauer said. If your primary civilian market is based in the US and the civilians are asking for semi auto rifles that you can’t import/export; one would think that if you were interested in that market you would of broke ground for a manufacturing facility here ....30 years ago just after the ‘89 ban.

What’s the hot new color frame for this year?
    Last edited by 21HK; 02-05-2019 at 07:11 AM.
    Jack_Bauer likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 21HK View Post
    It goes without saying that they don’t care about the civilian market, If they did where would be the first place you would go ....the obvious choice would be the United States.

Not disagreeing, just adding my thoughts to what both of you have said.
    We’ve been one election away from climate/market change since the:
    1934 National Firearms Act
    1968 Gun Control Act
    1986 Hughes Amendment “Firearms Protection Act”
    1989 Assault Weapon Ban
    1993 Brady Bill
    1994 Assault Weapon Ban

The politics are not going away, they knew that when they first got in the game when they exported the first 3/62 G3’s.
    Well thats just at the Federal level. Start adding maximum capacities for magazines at the state level we are seeing everywhere NY, NJ, MA, etc. That impacts not just rifles but handguns too as those capacities are starting to be sub 10-rounds. What may be interesting is I saw NJ proposing to ban guns with a greater than 5 round capacity. That will effectively make revolvers illegal. For more than a single shot pistol it will pretty much require a semi-auto with 5 round mags.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Sponsored Links