FL Man busted with five P7s, a P9S, and a USP - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: FL Man busted with five P7s, a P9S, and a USP

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TooSixy View Post
    I wonder if he had owned those guns prior to being convicted of the said crime(s) or after.
    Good point, such a collection does not come lightly.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    Call me superstitious, but buying an HK gun at a police auction that was used to commit an act of murder or homicide wouldn't sit well with me.
    I use to work in a gun shop. There was a small group of customers who collected guns that were used in a death. Our local city police would sell guns used in suicides to dealers (if the family did not want them). One such collector admonished the shop owner for having cleaned off the blood of a firearm used in a suicide before he put it up for sale. Those collectors preferred the guns with all original “effects”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I got a nickle P7M10 in the box in one of our PD gun trades, it was a mortgage fraud case, also has a Lambo and a few other high end cars in the evidence room, same guy.

I have tons of old evidence guns...a few of the worst I had to clean old(most guns sat for a year or more) dried up brains off them, amazing the police didnt at least hose them off. Also...more than a few guns were still loaded.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I use to work in a gun shop. There was a small group of customers who collected guns that were used in a death. Our local city police would sell guns used in suicides to dealers (if the family did not want them). One such collector admonished the shop owner for having cleaned off the blood of a firearm used in a suicide before he put it up for sale. Those collectors preferred the guns with all original “effects”.
    That's just F'n weird.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If it were up to me, I'd destroy all firearms used in all homicides, suicides, and murders. It makes no sense to clean those guns and sell them to anyone.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    If it were up to me, I'd destroy all firearms used in all homicides, suicides, and murders. It makes no sense to clean those guns and sell them to anyone.
    Got to disagree, I don't think they should be destroyed. Im not superstitious, so to me they are just guns regardless of their history. But cleaning should be mandatory. And they should not be sold or marketed as crime guns. Maybe just "police auction" guns.
    Anyone who wants the "effects" of a tragedy on their gun probably shouldn't be armed.
    Maybe the 4473 should have a line titled "are you a sick [email protected]*k ?" Yes or No
    egroeg likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

@Vincent04 So you blame the gun? It's an inanimate object. Should we burn down all houses that someone died in?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

@Vincent04
    I completely understand why it would make you uncomfortable, and I respect your choice not to own one.
    I do not understand or respect someone wanting a murder/suicide gun.
    (unless of exceptional historical significance, E.g. Oswald's Carcano)
    Just don't think destruction should be mandatory.
    Last edited by BeaviSG90; 03-26-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    That's just F'n weird.
    Yeah, not my cup of tea, but there’s a lot creepier sh!t out there that people collect.

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    Should we burn down all houses that someone died in?
    Well duh they're totally haunted now.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links