What US agencies are issues HK sidearms?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What US agencies are issues HK sidearms?

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default What US agencies are issues HK sidearms?

Just curious what US agencies are issued and carry HK sidearms and what models/calibers they carry.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

US Border Patrol - P2000 in 40
    mmissile, Casi1 and Gwmcgee like this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As I understand it, both HSI and ICE are still authorized to carry the HK USP40 Compact, P2000 LEM and P2000SK LEM, all in .40 S&W. Not in 9mm, though.
    Casi1 likes this.
    "Remain yourself, in spite of all the mighty do."
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

DHS has more than 10K USP 40C’s.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jslow View Post
    Just curious what US agencies are issued and carry HK sidearms and what models/calibers they carry.
    Don't forget in 2003, the TSA awarded HK a contract to supply USP40's to Federal Flight Deck Officers (Airline Pilots). Wonder how many availed themselves and how many are still out there in that capacity.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope TSA or DHS itself keeps all the Border Patrol P2000's and HK USP .40 Compacts. At least they could hold them in reserve. Perfectly serviceable guns.

Be a shame to destroy them. Such a stupid law that requires they be destroyed if a new LE home can't be found for them. Thanks again, Clinton Administration...

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

ICE is switching to Glocks.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    ICE is switching to Glocks.
    Watch the number of NDs skyrocket when that happens.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    Watch the number of NDs skyrocket when that happens.
    Probably. Having a much heavier trigger pull for the first round is a hardware solution to a software problem, but there's not really any denying that this provides a certain degree of protection against inadvertent firing of the weapon. That said, finger off the trigger will solve the ND issue with both guns. Ruthless oversight by Instructors at FLETC with trainee's being made to do extremely unpleasant stuff when observed with their finger on the trigger is key. When the penalties for failure are severe, people pay attention better and make fewer mistakes. Insufficient training and people being allowed to "go through the motions" will bite you.

In my previous career, an ND got you fired from your [email protected] job. Not surprisingly there were very few of them, and the G19 was issue. It's a training thing. My very first rotation in Baghdad I had some dumbass Sergeant Major try to tell me I wasn't allowed to be in the chow hall with magazine in my weapon, I told him not only was there a magazine in the weapon, there was also a round in the chamber. I thought he was gonna have a stroke. He was not aware we were authorized to carry in that condition, he thought DoS contractors had to follow DoD rules. But when you see the number of ND at the clearing barrel by service members you could forgive him. One guy (an NCO, E-6 IIRC) managed to shoot himself in the leg with his Beretta. Twice. Never would have believed that if I hadn't heard it. We were used to the occasional "pop". "Pop-pop" had guys laughing so hard there was risk of inhaling the food in their mouth. You shoot yourself in the leg and your reaction is to pull the trigger again? LOL.
    Last edited by Lamont; 04-25-2019 at 05:14 AM.
    FergusandCo, LCSO264 and Casi1 like this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The new guns coming in at ICE ERO are Sig P320's (3 sizes?)

There are still 4 service-owned Glocks in 9mm authorized, though.

There are also an assortment of personally owned weapons grandfathered in, including the HK's listed above, a number of SIG DAK or DAO pistols in .40, plus S&W 5-shot J frames. I dunno' if ICE allows any DA/SA SIGs, like FAM's and Secret Service have used.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links