Is the KAC MP5 RAS forearm worth it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Is the KAC MP5 RAS forearm worth it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroshep View Post
    Wow nice setup and great innovation!! I look forward to watching you get this going and then getting in line for mine!

Thanks! There's a lot more to share and the forum has been a fantastic resource and community gathering. This will always be home so you won't have to look very far for the progress reports.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Navyman2015 View Post
    For me the KAC RAS and Surefire Lighted Forearm were both good options, but I really disliked having to compromise between mounting surfaces or a solid light source. I’m not a huge fan of permanently affixed Pic rails with or without covers and I also disliked compromising on the suppressor installation with the SureFire forearm like you pointed out.

So in the absence of finding exactly what I wanted, I decided to make it myself. I tried to keep it as true to “old school effect” while using “new school tech” to evolve my patent-pending forearm to a new plane of existence.

- 6061-T6 Aluminum extruded by an aerospace/defense company
    - M-LOK mounting surfaces at the 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions
    - Additional mounting surfaces for add-on rails of any type at the 2, 5, 7, and 11 o’clock positions
    - Retention via 2 cross bolts, so a pretty nice quick-change setup
    - Low profile full-length Pic rail the entire length of the firearm. I can honestly say I don't really miss the iron sights since I predominately use optics of some type
    - Front end completely open for any attachment approximately 1.5 inches in diameter, since I wanted to be able to use this on a future SD build as well

Works incredibly well on everything I’ve tested it on thus far: G3K, MP5, and a 33. (The MP5 is sporting a registered sear, which helps a lot since the majority of testing has been on auto and with full mag dumps).

I love the ACR stock and have not been disappointed in it at all. The pictured stock adaptor was 3D printed but I’ve got a batch coming back from the aerospace/defense company that are aluminum and oh so pretty. The stock height for me is perfect since it gives me a solid cheek weld with almost every rot dot or scope I run.

I kinda think my forearm on a normal MP5 also gives it a bit of an SD look. And I don’t have to compromise on anything I want to attach to the barrel.
    Sorta harkens back to what I tink a first gen iteration of the TSC Navy ST started life as.

TSC Machine - HK MP5NavyST
    Last edited by flybynt; 06-03-2019 at 02:42 AM.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

TSC makes exceptional gear for a wide range of customers, and I have exhausted hours drooling over some of those very builds. You don't get to build anything for the residents of Little Creek without being at the top of the game. Time will tell how this forearm evolves, because from the onset of design I wanted something fairly light, extremely modular, and capable of being used across the spectrum of roller-locks (perhaps a 21/23 that can switch back and forth between E and K lengths?). There will be a lot of iterations on the road ahead so I'll take the comparison to TSC and run with it. Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

TSC makes exceptional gear for a wide range of customers, and I have exhausted hours drooling over some of those very builds. You don't get to build anything for the residents of Little Creek without being at the top of the game. Time will tell how this forearm evolves, because from the onset of design I wanted something fairly light, extremely modular, and capable of being used across the spectrum of roller-locks (perhaps a 21/23 that can switch back and forth between E and K lengths?). There will be a lot of iterations on the road ahead so I'll take the comparison to TSC and run with it. Thanks!
    I like your attitude and commitment to providing new life and more options for the 9x series of guns.
    BTW I do like that your design is with the forethought of making it a removable accessory.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

For me the KAC RAS and Surefire Lighted Forearm were both good options, but I really disliked having to compromise between mounting surfaces or a solid light source. I’m not a huge fan of permanently affixed Pic rails with or without covers and I also disliked compromising on the suppressor installation with the SureFire forearm like you pointed out.

So in the absence of finding exactly what I wanted, I decided to make it myself. I tried to keep it as true to “old school effect” while using “new school tech” to evolve my patent-pending forearm to a new plane of existence.

- Additional mounting surfaces for add-on rails of any type at the 2, 5, 7, and 11 o’clock positions
    - Low profile full-length Pic rail the entire length of the firearm. I can honestly say I don't really miss the iron sights since I predominately use optics of some type
    - Front end completely open for any attachment approximately 1.5 inches in diameter, since I wanted to be able to use this on a future SD build as well

Works incredibly well on everything I’ve tested it on thus far: G3K, MP5, and a 33. (The MP5 is sporting a registered sear, which helps a lot since the majority of testing has been on auto and with full mag dumps).

I love the ACR stock and have not been disappointed in it at all. The pictured stock adaptor was 3D printed but I’ve got a batch coming back from the aerospace/defense company that are aluminum and oh so pretty. The stock height for me is perfect since it gives me a solid cheek weld with almost every rot dot or scope I run.

I kinda think my forearm on a normal MP5 also gives it a bit of an SD look. And I don’t have to compromise on anything I want to attach to the barrel.
    That is the most bastardized MP5 I've ever seen.

I like it!

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Pretty sweet!!!

Tony

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links