Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt. - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Castle_Tejas View Post
    Those saying B&T are the new innovators... what is so innovative exactly?
    Looks like a rip of guns that have been in circulation for idk, 20-30+ years, minus different milling or ambi side charging options (not exactly innovative imo)
    Looks like a pile of clones to me. Am I missing something about B&T, the price says no, the design says no... what am I missing here?
    Apparently I have no idea what is so awesome about B&T or why I should care. (50% sarcasm/100% honest)
    Welcome to the site--- I may have to agree with you!!!

Tony
    Castle_Tejas likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRex View Post
    You have to love the European work week! :)
    A few weeks ago we were on a call working an issue with our German counter part. At the top of an hour, they abruptly ended the call - saying they couldn't work past (whenever) and we would continue tomorrow. The interruption left us in limbo, and worse off, we have to reconstruct our progress the next day. This went on for four straight days before someone finally gave them approval to work past whatever the cut off hour was.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Castle_Tejas View Post
    Those saying B&T are the new innovators... what is so innovative exactly?
    Looks like a rip of guns that have been in circulation for idk, 20-30+ years, minus different milling or ambi side charging options (not exactly innovative imo)
    Looks like a pile of clones to me. Am I missing something about B&T, the price says no, the design says no... what am I missing here?
    Apparently I have no idea what is so awesome about B&T or why I should care. (50% sarcasm/100% honest)
    Let's be honest...point those same questions at HK and get the same answers. You can count on one hand the number of HK's in their current suite that are "cutting edge".

The firearms industry is stupid and ugly. Both HK and B&T have done a good job of recycling peopled busted, old sh*t but doing it so well that people pay a premium. Remember HK was once bought just so it could "fix" one of the worst standard issued rifles currently issued by a first world nation.
    B&T is basically hocking tuned up CZ pistols, Steyr TP9's, Tec 9's, SCARs while HK is selling M4s w/AR18 gas systems, knock-off Mag 58 and Minimi's, and they still have their 1950's tech roller-delayed actions.
    Everything in small arms now is recycled from something else...I just want something that runs right.
    Last edited by dms16; 06-17-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    waylon43 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In my opinion what most HK fans want is the remake of the HKP7 M8/M13 and the HK 94. To a lesser degree the HK 93 &91. I heard they were asked about those in the past and the company stated that the moved on from those designs and sold the tooling. If that was the case who made/makes their HK SP5K?.
    In the 80s they were a cutting edge company. Although their HKp30s are good pistols and so are their HKVp9, the USP(s) were not very popular. Of course the price didn't help. Their HK Mr 556 is out of the price range of most and is cosmetically just another boring AR15.
    My advice to them is make something innovative that they are willing to sell to the citizens or bring back classics like the P7M8 and th HK 94. It appears PTR and other companies make a clone of the 94 and SP 89/sp5k models.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Let's be honest...point those same questions at HK and get the same answers. You can count on one hand the number of HK's in their current suite that are "cutting edge".

B&T is basically hocking tuned up CZ pistols, Steyr TP9's, Tec 9's, SCARs while HK is selling M4s w/AR18 gas systems, knock-off Mag 58 and Minimi's, and they still have their 1950's tech roller-delayed actions.
    Everything in small arms now is recycled from something else...I just want something that runs right.
    Good points all around. Call it what you like: BT, HK and others are refining old designs that in my opinion were good for their day but lacked the benefit of modern manufacturing and material capabilities (though a collector will always prefer the original versions). I think BT is doing a decent job at pushing their product's availability in my area, and though the designs may be rehashed in part, they seem to be made with a consistent level of quality. From a user's standpoint, the rehashed design is not always a bad thing but I certainly see where the boredom and frustration comes from. I'm sure John Browning would be shocked to see the market today.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Gun manufacturers are like the movie industry--- all remakes and no originality!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Was the lady in the video from the original post bashing HK?

My German is pretty bad, but I think maybe she said she didn't like the company.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boxed View Post
    Was the lady in the video from the original post bashing HK?
    Not really bashing, she said she did not think much of the firm, but regrets loss of jobs.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuntherRommel View Post
    +1 on the USP 10mm. That would be a win all around for sure. Also a od green Mark 23 would be nice.
    As amazing as that would be(I'd buy at least one if not more) I don't think its a big enough market. Ideally HK needs to shift more production to the US to us guns they can't import. I think that would help their bottom line if they could pull it off.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamont View Post
    ...My sympathy is for their employee's....
    And to us customers who can't and won't get a fair shake anytime soon because of premium pricing and low supply due to HK's bad business model! I am hoping that HK quality won't be a casualty in all this.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links