Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt. - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    And to us customers who can't and won't get a fair shake anytime soon because of premium pricing and low supply due to HK's bad business model! I am hoping that HK quality won't be a casualty in all this.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Area52 View Post
    In my opinion what most HK fans want is the remake of the HKP7 M8/M13 and the HK 94. To a lesser degree the HK 93 &91. I heard they were asked about those in the past and the company stated that the moved on from those designs and sold the tooling. If that was the case who made/makes their HK SP5K?.
    In the 80s they were a cutting edge company.
    In the 1980's the cutting edges of that tooling were a lot sharper than they were by the time it was sold off. Any machine shop can tell you, tooling wears out. A lot of guns were produced on said tooling, it was sold basically as junk, certainly it would not have held the tolerances it was built to hold early on. So, invest in more tooling. It's not a mystery. If you're making money with the product you produce,so what? It's the cost of doing business. Of course, technology moves on.....for example the design of the MP7 and the VP9. Those guns are a lot cheaper to produce than even a gun basically built of stamped sheet metal like the 91/93/94 series. The SFP-9 pistols provided to the Munich City and Bavarian State Police were obtained for Euro 195, each and that's without any trade-in consideration. Go figure what the actual production cost is from that. Too bad civilians don't get that kind of deal. "Because you suck and we hate you".
    Last edited by Lamont; 06-19-2019 at 01:02 AM.
    "We do bad things to bad people".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6Rstar View Post
    If you read about what it is like to be in German industry you will understand why it may have trouble turning a huge profit. Import and export laws have much to do with it also hence Chinese made Mercedes and American made BMWs. If skilled craftsman making high quality products were all it took to win they would not be where they are at this point in time. I don't see a super successful future without HK USA expansion. Also, many many American companies and workers are quite capable of building anything that Germans can at the same quality levels.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    PTR for example.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Area52 View Post
    who made/makes their HK SP5K?
    HK does. They sold some tooling, but not all tooling. When I was in factory few years ago I've seen MP5 and PSG1 being made. They just to not "push" those designs to the market, because they are expensive to make.
    P30 likes this.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

And to us customers who can't and won't get a fair shake anytime soon because of premium pricing and low supply due to HK's bad business model! I am hoping that HK quality won't be a casualty in all this.
    HK needs to stop utilizing Chinese, sub-contracted, small parts (that keep breaking) on its sidearms!!!

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barrington View Post
    PTR for example.
    Quality control issues there, as well!!!
    One of the many reasons that I am hesitant on "newly-manufactured" firearms.

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Tony, I feel the same way unfortunately.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    HK does. They sold some tooling, but not all tooling. When I was in factory few years ago I've seen MP5 and PSG1 being made. They just to not "push" those designs to the market, because they are expensive to make.
    When you saw them being made; approximately how many people were working on them?

I hear stories of lonely, old Geppetto working in solitude up in some dank loft by himself bending and welding flats all by his lonesome while injection mold stuff takes up the prime floor real estate.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    When you saw them being made; approximately how many people were working on them?

I hear stories of lonely, old Geppetto working in solitude up in some dank loft by himself bending and welding flats all by his lonesome while injection mold stuff takes up the prime floor real estate.
    At least there would be quality there--- strong work ethic and attention to detail!!!

tony

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    HK needs to stop utilizing Chinese, sub-contracted, small parts (that keep breaking) on its sidearms!!!
    That keep breaking? I have HKs dated from 1997 thru 2017. Each gun has an average of 2000+ rounds. I've had no broken parts at all.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

That keep breaking? I have HKs dated from 1997 thru 2017. Each gun has an average of 2000+ rounds. I've had no broken parts at all.
    What--- USP's???
    That's different.

Tony

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links