Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt. - Page 15
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 164
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt.

  1. #141
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    dms16's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 1,607
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by igs View Post
    40% off? Would a company not on the brink of bankruptcy and desperate for cash flow have a fire sale like this on a premium product?



    Attachment 236624
    60% of MSRP of 10 MR556 uppers isn't going to do ****. Even if that's how it worked, that likely wouldn't cover the toilet paper budget for the year for HK.

    Were it anybody BUT HK, I would likely agree with @Oicani . With HK, I would more likely speculate it's to make room for more of the same old crap that just cleared from the warehouse or something else unexciting.

    ...nothing to get in a twist about.
    Last edited by dms16; 07-01-2019 at 12:29 PM.

  2. #142
    Banned

    Join Date : Dec 2018
    Location : Austin
    Posts : 77
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Default

    their G36 hasn't been that big of a success their 416 and 417 rifles have done very well. Those rifles are being used all over the world currently. The G36 is still being produced and sold as well. I'm not sure which countries use them but there are more than a few.

    Their handguns still do very well. Their sales of their VP series pistols has been pretty good. I think that is in large part because of the VP series price. HK seems to be really trying to compete in a very saturated striker fired hand gun market. That being said I have always been partial to their DA/SA guns. The My favorite is the P30, it is a tank, and an excellent pistol. Over on PT they did a tourture test on the P30. The initial test was supposed to be a 50K round test. They ended up doing a little over 90,000 rounds. Impressed the hell out of me. That is why I own one.
    P30 test

    I don't see HK going anywhere anytime soon. In my opinion that is a good thing. While the market is saturated, competition breeds innovation. Ultimately we are the real winners in the great handgun war.

  3. #143
    Member
    Ohio HK's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2019
    Posts : 51
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    60% of MSRP of 10 MR556 uppers isn't going to do ****. Even if that's how it worked, that likely wouldn't cover the toilet paper budget for the year for HK.

    Were it anybody BUT HK, I would likely agree with @Oicani . With HK, I would more likely speculate it's to make room for more of the same old crap that just cleared from the warehouse or something else unexciting.

    ...nothing to get in a twist about.

    I would agree with that. They may be trying to pull in some more market share, but I doubt it's an attempt to resolve a business gone bad.
    I support diversity in firearm ownership


    Arsenal SLR-107R AK-47 - 7.62x39
    Auto Ordnance 1911
    Beretta 92FS - 9mm
    Beretta 92FS INOX - 9mm
    Beretta PX4 subcompact - 9mm
    Beretta PX4 compact - 9mm
    CZ 75 SP-01 Phantom - 9mm
    Desert Eagle - 44 magnum
    FMK 9C1 G2 - 9mm
    Glock 21 Gen3 - 45 acp
    Heckler & Koch MR556A1
    Heckler & Koch P30L - (V3) DA/SA - 9mm
    Heckler & Koch VP9 - 9mm
    Mossberg 88 - 12 gauge
    Sig Sauer P226 RX - 9mm
    Sig Sauer P229 Compact - 9mm
    Taurus TH9 Full-Size - 9mm
    Walther PPK/s - 380 acp

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #144
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Montrala's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2003
    Location : Poland
    Age : 48
    Posts : 3,409
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    Some info from HK shareholders assembly, as posted by "HK w Polsce" https://pl-pl.facebook.com/HKwPolsce...y7ZI&__tn__=-R

    (all figures in EUR):

    290 mln in orders in 2018
    126.9 mln revenue in 2019H1 (15% up).
    115,000 SFP9 sold to Police units in Germany
    22 mln contract from Norway for HK416
    2000 HK416 for Hessen CT units
    On civilian market in Europe 8 counties had in 2018 biggest sales ever (including Poland)
    Top 3 civilian sales markets in Europe for HK: Germany, France, Poland.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

  6. #145
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,265
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Montrala View Post
    Some info from HK shareholders assembly, as posted by "HK w Polsce" https://pl-pl.facebook.com/HKwPolsce...y7ZI&__tn__=-R

    (all figures in EUR):

    290 mln in orders in 2018
    126.9 mln revenue in 2019H1 (15% up).
    115,000 SFP9 sold to Police units in Germany
    22 mln contract from Norway for HK416
    2000 HK416 for Hessen CT units
    On civilian market in Europe 8 counties had in 2018 biggest sales ever (including Poland)
    Top civilian sales markets ever for HK: U.S.
    Fixed it for you--- if HK GmbH would get off their collective arses!!!

    Tony

  7. #146
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 2,616
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    60% of MSRP of 10 MR556 uppers isn't going to do ****. Even if that's how it worked, that likely wouldn't cover the toilet paper budget for the year for HK.

    Were it anybody BUT HK, I would likely agree with @Oicani . With HK, I would more likely speculate it's to make room for more of the same old crap that just cleared from the warehouse or something else unexciting.

    ...nothing to get in a twist about.
    So I would tend to agree with you but I have to partially agree with Oicani as well.

    I’d bet dollars to donuts that they are making room in inventory and shedding old inventory that is simply sitting collecting dust (and depreciating dramatically in value). The depreciated value sits on the books and continues to drag on the bottom line/ROI.

    BUT that does NOT mean they are making room for civilian products. With all the military contracts they have (as Montrala documented from Shareholder material, I believe), I expect it to be for military contract products. They’ve got to have stores of spares for the M27 and CSASS contracts. IMHO...
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

  8. #147
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Posts : 310
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Face it...for HK to truly survive...they need to relocate to US like Sig...and then fire up production on civilian long guns...

    Only way they can offset the high debts...

  9. #148
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    RegularGuy461969's Avatar
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Location : By the Great Shell Bay
    Posts : 2,616
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    Face it...for HK to truly survive...they need to relocate to US like Sig...and then fire up production on civilian long guns...

    Only way they can offset the high debts...
    The US is not a panacea. Sig made the switch as the US civi market exploded and has enjoyed that for the past decade or more. HK would be very late to a game that may be in its 9th inning. Our political culture right now is very risky for new weapons manufacturing concerns. Our own domestic producers are going bankrupt (admittedly by their own actions of over production and fear mongering). When we have approx.11 firearms per person of population and they are owned by less than half (IRCC), I’d call that a saturated market.

    And don’t forget how badly HK got screwed when the Assault Weapons ban went into effect. They were planning for a rather large production facility IIRC.

    So there is far more to it than most realize. The devil is always in the details...

  10. #149
    Very Senior Member

    Join Date : Mar 2014
    Posts : 310
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    I agreed they would be late to the game...but the high end firearms market is still very strong...the low end AR market is not doing well at all...

    Just look at SCARs...they pretty much sell out everytime they go on market...now that FN is producing them in the states...they have lowered the prices by 200-300 bucks...and they are sold out or low stock everywhere...

    For crying out loud...HK USA could easily update the MR556 to a more recent spec variant but they don't...its sad. I'd buy a MR556 in a heart beat if the factory would offer an A3 or later variant in the MR package...but I refuse to pay the money they are asking for a platform that hasn't been properly updated in how many years now?!? Love HK...but they need get their long gun crap together here in the states...even if its only with the MR556 or MR762 offerings...

  11. #150
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 30,265
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    I agreed they would be late to the game...but the high end firearms market is still very strong...the low end AR market is not doing well at all...

    Just look at SCARs...they pretty much sell out everytime they go on market...now that FN is producing them in the states...they have lowered the prices by 200-300 bucks...and they are sold out or low stock everywhere...

    For crying out loud...HK USA could easily update the MR556 to a more recent spec variant but they don't...its sad. I'd buy a MR556 in a heart beat if the factory would offer an A3 or later variant in the MR package...but I refuse to pay the money they are asking for a platform that hasn't been properly updated in how many years now?!? Love HK...but they need get their long gun crap together here in the states...even if its only with the MR556 or MR762 offerings...
    Better late than never!!!
    Socialist Germany (not HK GmbH) hates us, and we suck.

    Tony

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

did heckler and koch declare bankruptcy
,
h&k bankrupcy
,

h&k bankrupt

,
heckler
,
heckler & koch financial problems
,
heckler and koch bankruptcy
,
heckler and koch financial trouble
,
heckler and koch forum
,
heckler and koch going bankrupt
,
is heckler and koch filling bankruptcy
Click on a term to search for related topics.