Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt. - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not exactly breaking news by any means. High debt load for ages. They have been operating at a loss so I'm not sure how the situation would have changed magically. They are an unpopular industry in a very expensive place to manufacture anything. Lord Byron said the prophet for the future is the past. Sig Sauer almost bankrupt. Big increase in production and design in USA. Now Sig Sauer Gmbh is almost non-existent while Sig USA is booming. I believe they have over 1000 US employees. Maybe 100 in Germany. They saw probably the only way to succeed and took it which is selling to..... American civilians. You can't get rich selling service pistols to border patrol and police departments at the lowest possible bid AFTER you have jumped through all the hoops to include all the stuff they asked for like the P6 hammer with the cut in it for example. I know there are big differences between the two companies history wise but I think anything but smaller outfits making fancy shotguns or rifles in Germany (or most of the EU) will have a tough go of things.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    taclore and Chui like this.

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    A bigger factor is German Export Laws.
    That too, however other countries can still get things like the HK243.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Maybe the winds of change will blow over HK GmbH!!!
    Remember--- everyone hates the U.S.

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

The Librarian
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I question the accuracy of the information contained in the link from the original post. About 2 years ago HK started releasing their financials via their website to increase transparency to all. You can read for yourself here: https://www.heckler-koch.com/en/ir/key-figures.html

HK’s financial debts are no where near where they once were since they restructured their debts about a year ago and things have improved considerably.
    HK CS1, LCSO264, Lamont and 2 others like this.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRex View Post
    You have to love the European work week! :)
    German worker can produce in 35 hours more quality stuff than 10 US workers in 40. And i mean old hard-working german, not middle east refugees that have flooded them and they are forced to hire by politicians.
    We all do want ze "made in germany" guns, right? And willing to pay premium for it. They should capitalize on that advantage, while they can tbh.

Question is do they make money on each gun sold? What's the profit margin? If it is 0 or negative, then it is just a matter of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2018 was better than 2017 but still a loss of several million. But I think the newspaper article grabbed a large number out of thin air to get some attention. Luckily for governments and large businesses finance is not the same as your household budget.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andru View Post
    German worker can produce in 35 hours more quality stuff than 10 US workers in 40. And i mean old hard-working german, not middle east refugees that have flooded them and they are forced to hire by politicians. We all do want ze "made in germany" guns, right? And willing to pay premium for it. .
    I think you just insulted the US workers in the HK Columbus GA factory. And I think you may have just insulted immigrants in Germany too.
    TiroFijo likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    I think you just insulted the US workers in the HK Columbus GA factory. And I think you may have just insulted immigrants in Germany too.
    The golden age of HK (1949-1989)--- 40 solid years!!!
    Ahhh--- good times.

Tony
    Last edited by AGG; 06-11-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you read about what it is like to be in German industry you will understand why it may have trouble turning a huge profit. Import and export laws have much to do with it also hence Chinese made Mercedes and American made BMWs. If skilled craftsman making high quality products were all it took to win they would not be where they are at this point in time. I don't see a super successful future without HK USA expansion. Also, many many American companies and workers are quite capable of building anything that Germans can at the same quality levels.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 6Rstar View Post
    If you read about what it is like to be in German industry you will understand why it may have trouble turning a huge profit. Import and export laws have much to do with it also hence Chinese made Mercedes and American made BMWs. If skilled craftsman making high quality products were all it took to win they would not be where they are at this point in time. I don't see a super successful future without HK USA expansion. Also, many many American companies and workers are quite capable of building anything that Germans can at the same quality levels.
    That is what happens when you "pimp out" your industries!!!

Tony

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links