Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt. - Page 7
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree111Likes

Thread: Heckler & Koch is apparently bankrupt.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Holy sh*t!!!
    How do you that I did not mean 1999?
    Corrected above--- thanks.

Tony
    Thanks for seeing the humor in it.

Harry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Military Times

Heckler & Koch — maker of the Marine Corps M27 — is in dire straits

https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du...-dire-straits/

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Himhawkeye View Post
    Thanks for seeing the humor in it.

Harry
    Harry,

LMAO --- I appreciate humor--- admit error and correct--- and am tough-skinned--- no angry snowflake here!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

All you folks busting on HK for not producing the guns you crave, it's not HK's fault, it's the fault of German export law. Firearms deemed weapons of war cannot be exported for non-governmental use, even if neutered. It's that simple.
    The first principle is that you do not fool yourself. And you are the easiest one to fool. --Richard Feynman

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKPRO View Post
    All you folks busting on HK for not producing the guns you crave, it's not HK's fault, it's the fault of German export law. Firearms deemed weapons of war cannot be exported for non-governmental use, even if neutered. It's that simple.
    Can they not build those guns in the USA?

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKPRO View Post
    Meh--- they can stamp a label ("Sport", "Sporter"), and all is well --- or just expand the Columbus facility!!!
    Better yet, elect a conservative, business-minded Chancellor und Bundestag.

Tony

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelbj View Post
    Can they not build those guns in the USA?
    Obviously not--- too busy with purported "MIL/LE contracts" (though they are losing those pretty fast), sidearms, and colored frames!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

This thread prompted me to read the 2018 annual report. While not great, I suspect it’s a waste of time to suggest it doesn’t look as bad as I had feared.

One line caught my interest. On page 69 of 90. Under business situation paragraph 2.2. They state “The market launch of the first pistol developed in the USA has been considerably delayed and as a result, revenues have not yet been generated by this product.” Anyone have any ideas on what this is?

In the same section they also note the new production processes implemented in 2017 were not able to reach their full potential under these circumstances. This might another reason for the lack of supply beyond government contracts.

The previous section of the report also specifically noted

Access to the US market in general, and the sale of weapons in the USA in particular, subject to both greater restrictions on export licenses from Germany and changing legislation in the USA and individual US states. It cannot be ruled out that the regulations for this market will be tightened in the future as well, making it more difficult to sell our products in this market - which is the largest commercial market in the world by far - from Germany. Their writing not mine.

When discussing sales.

The market in the USA, which is mainly served by our subsidiaries HKD and HKI, generated 21% (2017: 29%) of revenue. The reduction was mainly due to delayed deliveries from HKO resulting from delivery requirements for domestic police and governmental authorities; demand remained fairly stable.

It’s a small company. 936 employees. 825 in Oberndorf and 111 in the US. It’s basically privately owned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    andru likes this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dbealmear View Post
    This thread prompted me to read the 2018 annual report. While not great, I suspect it’s a waste of time to suggest it doesn’t look as bad as I had feared.

One line caught my interest. On page 69 of 90. Under business situation paragraph 2.2. They state “The market launch of the first pistol developed in the USA has been considerably delayed and as a result, revenues have not yet been generated by this product.” Anyone have any ideas on what this is?

In the same section they also note the new production processes implemented in 2017 were not able to reach their full potential under these circumstances. This might another reason for the lack of supply beyond government contracts.

The previous section of the report also specifically noted

Access to the US market in general, and the sale of weapons in the USA in particular, subject to both greater restrictions on export licenses from Germany and changing legislation in the USA and individual US states. It cannot be ruled out that the regulations for this market will be tightened in the future as well, making it more difficult to sell our products in this market - which is the largest commercial market in the world by far - from Germany. Their writing not mine.

When discussing sales.

The market in the USA, which is mainly served by our subsidiaries HKD and HKI, generated 21% (2017: 29%) of revenue. The reduction was mainly due to delayed deliveries from HKO resulting from delivery requirements for domestic police and governmental authorities; demand remained fairly stable.

It’s a small company. 936 employees. 825 in Oberndorf and 111 in the US. It’s basically privately owned.
    HK GmbH is not Colt's Firearms Division!!!
    Why worry about the gun laws here (?)--- same President until 2024 (who cares about "bump stocks"?), and the largest U.S. markets are where the gun laws are favorable.
    Something else is going on at HK GmbH ("lack of will", "soft spines", "capitalism adverse", "political"?).

Tony

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Latest article in Military times regarding HK's demise: https://www.militarytimes.com/off-du...-dire-straits/
    NRA Lifetime Member

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links