HK Wins Contract - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: HK Wins Contract

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

After two wholesale "upgrades" you'd think it would have been cheaper and easier to just replace them with something that works out of the box.
    AGG likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As long as HK stays afloat, I am all for their various contracts. I hope they just don't forget the US Civilian Market.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Klaustrophobia View Post
    After two wholesale "upgrades" you'd think it would have been cheaper and easier to just replace them with something that works out of the box.
    With the UK Armed Forces firmly in HK's corner with the supply of rifles and such, you'd think that they might have taken a bite at the 433, or since FN Herstal now has a HQ in the UK, taken a look at the SCAR like Belgium has. It's probably cheaper, though, for the UK to get HK to extend the life of the SA80 to about 2025-2030, given how much they paid HK to work on the SA80 in the first place to get them built the way they were supposed to (something that Enfield and especially Nottingham couldn't when they were both owned by British Aerospace/BAE Systems, though the British Government rushing to adopt it and also sell off Royal Ordinance played a huge role, too), they probably don't want to give up on the SA80 yet.

Especially given that HK and the British Army claim that the SA80 is now one of the most reliable and accurate service rifles out there today thank to HK's work on it, and, even though the bullpup layout of the SA80 has some ergonomic drawbacks, it's more accurate and lethal than the M4 at longer ranges.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think its funny how people don't see the parallel between the M16 and the SA80 series. Either way the L85 is probably the least ergonomic bullpup still being fielded today, but Hk's first upgrade really did wonders for the rifle, and this second upgrade is mainly just improved scope and attachment mounting. I'd trade most of my collection for an A2 or one with the newer upgrades, but I imagine I'm alone there.

I must be missing something though, this isn't the first time Hk has had contracts to fulfill, why are people worried they'll suddenly forget the civilian market this time?(more than they already do, handguns are great and all, but I'd like to see some rifles...)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andru View Post
    https://hk-usa.com/heckler-koch-to-s...arksman-rifle/

This is also a big one. Apparently, that is the only company that can produce reliable weapons of its own design, even though they tried to find someone else.
    There's also the continued replacement of the French FAMAS with the HK416F. One wonders how H&K manages to get themselves into financial trouble in the first place.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If money and space were no issue, I'd like to have a semi-auto SA80 A2 or A3. Too bad that no one wants to make them like Tommy Built did with the G36 and XM8.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Location : Sometimes where the gun laws suck, sometimes where they don't.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Now they will be too busy to work on those civilian semi auto MP7s.
    Whatcha smoking Suds ? They legalize Pot in Va. LOL

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster62 View Post
    Whatcha smoking Suds ? They legalize Pot in Va. LOL
    I think somebody is worried that the value of MP7s will plummet?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    I think somebody is worried that the value of MP7s will plummet?!
    I'm just worried about the impact it'd have on my bank account.
    SudS likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links