Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!! - Page 39
Page 39 of 189 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast
Like Tree1015Likes

Thread: Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well what do you call the first SP5Ks then? The US version?

Premium Professional

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rbuzz View Post
    As someone who would love to get one of the new HK SP5s, I have to wonder, if HK starts regularly importing these pistols, doesn't that hurt the collectibility of this firearm? I hear an awful lot of people who want to purchase one and then not shoot it and save it as a collectible, but if the SP5s eventually become easy to get, then they're not really rare any longer and thus not really collectible in that sense.

It seems that for it to be a collectible and a worthwhile investment, the SP5s would have to brought into the US in very limited numbers. If they bring it into the US in numbers that allow anyone who wants one to get one, then they're no longer rare and no longer collectible. That's not to say that it won't be a very desirable pistol to own, but to me it seems to all come down to just how available it eventually becomes.

If HK has finally decided to import this pistol, then they are doing it because they realize that there is a demand for it and they are doing it as a business decision to make money for HK. I doubt that they care about the collectibility of the pistol, just how much it will profit them.
    Precisely. H&K doesn't profit from the secondary collector’s market. A smart company, facing various financial issues like H&K has, would be wise to make a profit wherever they can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ToyCop View Post
    Precisely. H&K doesn't profit from the secondary collector’s market. A smart company, facing various financial issues like H&K has, would be wise to make a profit wherever they can.
    I personally hope they flood the market with them. A SP5 and SP5K made by HK that you could get for say POF price would be awesome for the consumer and would introduce more people into the platform. I see it as a win win.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Apec View Post
    Should collectible status really be HK's concern? In any event, the more money you save from it not being a high priced collectible is more money you get to put into ammo/accessories, so I really fail to see why it's even an issue - maybe for people who plan to buy these for the sole purpose of flipping.

I highly doubt companies like BT or CZ cared about collectibility when they brought APCs and Brens over. What matters is whether it's profitable to them.
    This.

People have become obsessed with a twisted vision of what these are supposed to be which is a rifle/pistol to be used and enjoyed.
    In a way collectors destroy the very items they claim to love. Hoard them up, dry up the market for items no longer produced, drive up prices so only fools with too much money can have them. People can no longer afford to obtain and enjoy them so they die in private collections while the world moves on to other things.

If these materialize I'm happy for that. I won't be running to blow $2k+ for a gun that 20 years ago nobody wanted for $700. My POF serves me perfectly fine.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    JRK1990, AMill08 and Gears like this.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    If these materialize I'm happy for that. I won't be running to blow $2k+ for a gun that 20 years ago nobody wanted for $700. My POF serves me perfectly fine.
    Come on now. 20 years ago SP89s and HK94s were rather pricey, in fact -- with the '94 AWB in full effect, $3000 or so was to be expected. At least thats how I remember it, so I googled a bit and found some old threads from those days which bear this out. In fact, back in this thread you remembered it that way too: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...ices-hk94.html

And you were talking about $700 HK94s back then too. That wasn't a thing since the 80s. By the time the import ban and AWB hit, their desirability went up. Its not that people didn't want them for $700. Its that they thought "Well, some day." Until all of a sudden, they weren't allowed to have them anymore. Then BANG. They are worth $2800.

A lot of factors in there for pricing .. the import/AWB, collectors market, and so on for sure. But $700 roller locks is from a bygone era.
    Own: HK91, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, P8A1, USP SD, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5? Assuming I can find an honest seller.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    Come on now. 20 years ago SP89s and HK94s were rather pricey, in fact -- with the '94 AWB in full effect, $3000 or so was to be expected. At least thats how I remember it, so I googled a bit and found some old threads from those days which bear this out. In fact, back in this thread you remembered it that way too: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-...ices-hk94.html

And you were talking about $700 HK94s back then too. That wasn't a thing since the 80s. By the time the import ban and AWB hit, their desirability went up. Its not that people didn't want them for $700. Its that they thought "Well, some day." Until all of a sudden, they weren't allowed to have them anymore. Then BANG. They are worth $2800.

A lot of factors in there for pricing .. the import/AWB, collectors market, and so on for sure. But $700 roller locks is from a bygone era.
    And if we're being completely honest, $700 in, say 1987, is like $1600 in 2019...…..so not too far off the mark.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Man, there is all kinds of twisted thinking starting to enter this thread.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Local HK dealer got back to me. Got an order in for one at $2300. He said he expects it 2nd week in December.

Fingers crossed.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SudS View Post
    Man, there is all kinds of twisted thinking starting to enter this thread.

that's why i haven't said anything...i just wanted to see all the reactions and see where this thread goes LOL.
    SudS likes this.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by audiction View Post
    that's why i haven't said anything...i just wanted to see all the reactions and see where this thread goes LOL.
    Don’t tell me you going to add more twisted thinking? How about this, all these SP5’s and SP5k’s are going to make the clone guns more collectible? Next we will hear that these guns should be remarked as 94’s and SP89’s because those guns are scarce and more collectible.
    audiction likes this.

Page 39 of 189 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 139 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links