Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!! - Page 81
Page 81 of 189 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast
Like Tree1015Likes

Thread: Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvia View Post
    So these just came out and they are already going to get banned. This thread is going downhill.
    What does anything just coming out have to do with the politics of the anti-gunners rabidly pursuing the most aggressive line on gun bans in American history since the Revolution?

Whats going downhill is the gun community. Too many apathetic youngsters without a historical understanding of American gun control. So let me summarize:

1934 / Roosevelt / Democrat - National Firearms Act. Regulates machine guns, short barrel rifles/shotguns, silencers, etc. Requires a tax, at the time quite a high one ($200) pricing them out of existence for more people.
    1968 Johnson / Democrat - Gun Control Act. Regulates interstate commerce in firearms, prevents mail-order of guns, etc. Prevents felons, drug-users, etc from obtaining guns. Creates the FFL system. Institutes standards for import control and the sporting purposes test. Adds requirements for the tracking of ammunition purchases.
    1986 / Regan / Republican - Firearm Owners Protection Act. Widespread allegations of abuses by ATF under the GCA led to FOPA which prohibits a national gun registry, and removes the ammo tracking for non-armor piercing ammo. Prohibits new manufacture of machine guns (Hughs Amendment).
    1989 - Bush Sr. / Republican - Import ban on semi-automatic firearms with non-sporting features
    1993 - Clinton / Democrat - Brady Bill - Enhancements to the 1968 GCA mandating federal background checks, the creation of the NICS system.
    1994 - Clinton / Assault Weapon Ban - Bans future-production of guns classified as having paramilitary style characteristics, and high-capacity magazines

So, lets get it straight: 34 years from NFA to GCA. 18 years from GCA to FOPA. 3 years from FOPA to the first ban. 4 years from the first ban, to background checks - and just a year later after enhanced background checks to the AWB.

See the telescoping nature of the timeline?

Then, in 2004, the AWB was sunset, and for the last 15 years we've had it relatively good (that is, we managed to repeal just the latest, most egregious piece). And WHAM, we now have ALL Democratic candidates openly calling for confiscation, or classifying AW's under NFA, or all manner of other radical proposals. We have a very unpopular Republican President, who - even if he wins, has already sacrificed bump stocks for political position and has expressed hostility towards silencers, and other things.

If you don't understand the position we're in, you're really not paying attention.

To get this post back on track with something HK related, lets note the particular historical coincidence here.

The SP89 was introduced in 1989, and was banned 5 years later. The SP5k was introduced in 2016, and its looking like it will have a 4 or 5-year shelf-life as well.
    Last edited by sickness; 12-04-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    Own: HK91, SR9, PSG1 clone, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The scary thing is leftist politicians have genocided well over 100,000,000 unarmed and innocent civilians globally after gun control. History should not repeat itself.
    JRK1990 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you don’t like it don’t buy it. If you’re scared they are are gonna ban it go get one. If they ban it and want to confiscate it tell them to **** off and come and get it . You have people all around the country ignoring laws they don’t like. We have a right guaranteed by our constitution to own guns. Not what the liberals say is ok but what we want to own. H&K is providing a nice product. I’m not worried about any bans. Today I live in a free country. You will always be free if you choose to be free. Quit worrying and remember to vote and support candidates that support the 2nd amendment with your money. Getting elected isn’t cheap.

I’m not going to be one of the next 100,000,000 people killed by genocide from liberal ideology .

Thanks sickness for your post. It inspired me.
    Last edited by ybnqskp; 12-04-2019 at 06:01 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Since the word is no sd version being imported. I guess I will get one of the new SP5’s. I like it. Beats the hell out of my 9mm clone. Still think my 10mm clone will be my favorite but nice to have the real thing in my collection.

H&K: Take notice, we want more than just a 9mm gun. The 40 and 10mm would be great.
    Last edited by ybnqskp; 12-04-2019 at 06:03 AM.
    JRK1990 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Aeg15 my DT D54R-N is literally with the “stork” on its way to me as we speak/message. Still I hear it’s amazing quality and “custom” like fitment/refinement speaks for itself. Will find out. I’m new to HKpRo but I hope that I can post some pics with a little unboxing review when my sexy grl arrives.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’ll probably pass on the sp5 for now since I have an sp5k although I’d still like one. However if they come out with something like an hk243 pistol I will probably have to get one of those for sure

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If you don't understand the position we're in, you're really not paying attention.
    Yeah I was here during all that awb stuff. What does that have to do with The release of the SP5? Which is what we were talking about. You're running around yelling the sky is falling.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmedRN View Post
    @Aeg15 my DT D54R-N is literally with the “stork” on its way to me as we speak/message. Still I hear it’s amazing quality and “custom” like fitment/refinement speaks for itself. Will find out. I’m new to HKpRo but I hope that I can post some pics with a little unboxing review when my sexy grl arrives.
    Congrats on your DT54R-N! I have a few DT's and seen many others. Prepare to be blown away by the quality, craftsmanship, and beauty of your new arrival. The SP5 will have nothing on it. Plus it will be full auto ready for when/if you get a transferable Sear.
    Last edited by TallPine; 12-04-2019 at 03:55 PM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sickness View Post
    What does anything just coming out have to do with the politics of the anti-gunners rabidly pursuing the most aggressive line on gun bans in American history since the Revolution?

Whats going downhill is the gun community. Too many apathetic youngsters without a historical understanding of American gun control. So let me summarize:

1934 / Roosevelt / Democrat - National Firearms Act. Regulates machine guns, short barrel rifles/shotguns, silencers, etc. Requires a tax, at the time quite a high one ($200) pricing them out of existence for more people.
    1968 Johnson / Democrat - Gun Control Act. Regulates interstate commerce in firearms, prevents mail-order of guns, etc. Prevents felons, drug-users, etc from obtaining guns. Creates the FFL system. Institutes standards for import control and the sporting purposes test. Adds requirements for the tracking of ammunition purchases.
    1986 / Regan / Republican - Firearm Owners Protection Act. Widespread allegations of abuses by ATF under the GCA led to FOPA which prohibits a national gun registry, and removes the ammo tracking for non-armor piercing ammo. Prohibits new manufacture of machine guns (Hughs Amendment).
    1989 - Bush Sr. / Republican - Import ban on semi-automatic firearms with non-sporting features
    1993 - Clinton / Democrat - Brady Bill - Enhancements to the 1968 GCA mandating federal background checks, the creation of the NICS system.
    1994 - Clinton / Assault Weapon Ban - Bans future-production of guns classified as having paramilitary style characteristics, and high-capacity magazines

So, lets get it straight: 34 years from NFA to GCA. 18 years from GCA to FOPA. 3 years from FOPA to the first ban. 4 years from the first ban, to background checks - and just a year later after enhanced background checks to the AWB.

See the telescoping nature of the timeline?

Then, in 2004, the AWB was sunset, and for the last 15 years we've had it relatively good (that is, we managed to repeal just the latest, most egregious piece). And WHAM, we now have ALL Democratic candidates openly calling for confiscation, or classifying AW's under NFA, or all manner of other radical proposals. We have a very unpopular Republican President, who - even if he wins, has already sacrificed bump stocks for political position and has expressed hostility towards silencers, and other things.

To get this post back on track with something HK related, lets note the particular historical coincidence here.

The SP89 was introduced in 1989, and was banned 5 years later. The SP5k was introduced in 2016, and its looking like it will have a 4 or 5-year shelf-life as well.

Have to hand it to him...….the man knows his sh$t, oh and politics. <tip of the hat>

Thanks for the concise and accurate history lesson.
    LCSO264 and sickness like this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Anyone with a serial # over 500? That may give an accurate idea of actual first run numbers.

Page 81 of 189 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 131 181 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links