Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!! - Page 9
Page 9 of 160 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast
Like Tree911Likes

Thread: Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I
    Quote Originally Posted by stnmikita View Post
    This is excellent news to be sure.

Can it honestly go from "first leaked news" to "available" by Christmas?

My heart says yes, but my brain says Fall 2020.
    Ya that’s a quick turn around. Not that it couldn’t happen.
    But this seems too good to be true. Everything is just too perfect.

1. Full size civi MP5 - seems too good to be true
    2. Available in 1 1/2 months after the initial leak? - way too good to be true
    3. Factory paddle mag and navy barrel - WAY WAY WAY too good to be true

Now any other gun company I wouldn’t be too skeptical.
    But being an H&K fan is like being an abused spouse. I keep hoping they will be better and I keep getting let down. But I keep coming back for more :)
    Brad4065, dms16, oberlin1 and 7 others like this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I’m excited for this release. I wonder how the companies like Dakota Tactical, TPM Outfitters, Brethern Arms, etc are going to be impacted. I hope that in the big picture it doesn’t cannabalize their business in a negative way.
    USP9 Expert
    USP9 Tactical
    SP5K

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freeride1 View Post
    I

Ya that’s a quick turn around. Not that it couldn’t happen.
    But this seems too good to be true. Everything is just too perfect.

1. Full size civi MP5 - seems too good to be true
    2. Available in 1 1/2 months after the initial leak? - way too good to be true
    3. Factory paddle mag and navy barrel - WAY WAY WAY too good to be true

But being an H&K fan is like being an abused spouse. I keep hoping they will be better and I keep getting let down. But I keep coming back for more :)

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Ain't that the truth!!!
    FearlessLeader and Saab95v6 like this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aeg15 View Post
    I’m excited for this release. I wonder how the companies like Dakota Tactical, TPM Outfitters, Brethern Arms, etc are going to be impacted. I hope that in the big picture it doesn’t cannabalize their business in a negative way.
    Bet it'll drive those prices and demand down in a hurry. "Cheap" clones will be fine...the poor's gotta get their rollerlock on too.

I want this to be true (SP5 is my #2 on the wish list: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ml#post3569724), but I have strong doubts.

Those pics of the various SP5's are highly suspect...

Why are they all of a sudden doing threaded, lugged barrels with paddle mag releases? Even the 94 clone?
    Why are they all of a sudden going whole hog and doing all those variants?
    Why are they all of a sudden going to do long-barrel "pistol" imports?
    Why are they all of a sudden doing suppressed commercial guns?

This isn't very HK at all...a leopard don't change it's spots.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Bet it'll drive those prices and demand down in a hurry. "Cheap" clones will be fine...the poor's gotta get their rollerlock on too.

I want this to be true (SP5 is my #2 on the wish list: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ml#post3569724), but I have strong doubts.

Those pics of the various SP5's are highly suspect...

Why are they all of a sudden doing threaded, lugged barrels with paddle mag releases? Even the 94 clone?
    Why are they all of a sudden going whole hog and doing all those variants?
    Why are they all of a sudden going to do long-barrel "pistol" imports?
    Why are they all of a sudden doing suppressed commercial guns?

This isn't very HK at all...a leopard don't change it's spots.
    That suppressed variant was approved by the Federal Police years ago (I think 2013) at the same time as the original SP5K. I doubt H&K is planning on selling it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

The quality builders like Dakota will be impacted, but they will just need to adapt to continue to be successful. They won't likely be able to compete, price-wise, with HK on a 9mm MP5. But they can do .40/10mm builds, or 5.56 pistols, etc. There is lots of roller-locked goodness that we have no HK-provided solutions for, and quality clone makers will continue to have a market.

That said, there is a personal reality that plays into this. I was going to pick up a full-size MP5 build from Dakota sometime in early-to-mid 2020. That was on my short-list of acquisitions, but I'll be waiting to see what develops with the HK-branded offering now.
    Own: HK91, SR9, PSG1 clone, SP5k, G36k, HK416, P30L, 2x P8, 2x P8A1, USP9, USP9 FDE
    Future: SP5 inbound

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Some will close, others will have to shift from building to retailing and gunsmith work. That market has already been squeezed by the higher quality low priced clones that are available as well as the SP5K. If you look at what Dakota has done in the past couple years it’s clear they are responding to a more competitive “High end clone” market. Selling B&T guns, doing more gunsmith work, and coming out with the “Core Classic” line of lower priced H&K clones. The market has changed since they started, back then it was a Bailey gun or a pre-ban H&K.

BTW, I think Brethern is already out of business.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Even if they do produce it, they won't produce it regularly. Availability will be sporadic, and they'll still be expensive, so clone builders will survive (especially if HK doesn't make enough).

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I just laughed…..out loud!

But being an H&K fan is like being an abused spouse. I keep hoping they will be better and I keep getting let down. But I keep coming back for more :)[/QUOTE]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hmm... so go ahead and buy an SP5k or wait?

Page 9 of 160 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links