Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!! - Page 96
Page 96 of 189 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast
Like Tree1015Likes

Thread: Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!!

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I needed to come back and note that my skepticism on these actually dropping was completely wrong.

It's amazing to me that this basically went from hearing about it here to in hand for members in a few weeks. Congrats to all who landed one and congrats to all of us going forward as this is an excellent move by our favorite manufacturer.
    LRM19k likes this.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Also, there are now upwards of 15 or more of these on Gunbroker, all at gouge-y prices. Seeing that number grow daily and knowing these will be a regular production item tells me that the unbendable laws of economics will favor the buyer in the very near future.

I can be patient and enjoy Zeniths until that time.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoi View Post
    Or I just buy an ungodly amount of stuff and there's bound to be bad apples once and awhile? My other Sp5 looks great. I've owned probably a dozen roller locks, all have been awesome except what I posted. I've been buying firearms and accessories on a regular basis for years and only had 4 duds, half of which were posted about on this site.

Also, pretty sure zenith themselves admitted to shitting the bed, skipping QC & rushing that batch followed by apologizing to everyone.

Lol..what was your point again?
    Lets see the pics?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoi View Post
    Or I just buy an ungodly amount of stuff and there's bound to be bad apples once and awhile? My other Sp5 looks great. I've owned probably a dozen roller locks, all have been awesome except what I posted. I've been buying firearms and accessories on a regular basis for years and only had 4 duds, half of which were posted about on this site.

Also, pretty sure zenith themselves admitted to shitting the bed, skipping QC & rushing that batch followed by apologizing to everyone.

Lol..what was your point again?
    Not making light of you at all or trying to be obtuse.

I am just saying that it seems some of your recent experiences in the roller lock world seems to have been fraught with issues and dissatisfaction, hence my post.

If you have issues with HK carriers and the paint on the new SP5s you have purchased, I for one would like to see that first hand with some pics to highlight your issues since I and many members here have not seen one in person much less the type of issues you are describing.

There are some aspects of roller lock guns that are not quite up to current day manufacturing techniques since this was a gun whos heyday was in the 60-80s and so that comes with the nature of what they are, even if dare I say it's an HK made gun. So what you might think is a defect might be perfectly acceptable on what is essentially a MIL / LE gun toned down for the rest of us i.e. the civilian market.
    Last edited by flybynt; 12-07-2019 at 11:22 PM.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes and with the correct sight.

FS1
    Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stnmikita View Post
    Also, there are now upwards of 15 or more of these on Gunbroker, all at gouge-y prices. Seeing that number grow daily and knowing these will be a regular production item tells me that the unbendable laws of economics will favor the buyer in the very near future.
    I agree but it all depends on how many show up. Low Supply and High Demand does tend to out the gougers. But that is the free market. I don't separate them much from folks who buy water for $2 a case and sell for 40 after a hurricane. Not quite that low but flawed characters none the less. They are opportunist's and that is their right. But those who gouge now shall never have my business. Even if their prices come down and they are the only game in town.

Those who have acquired them I am happy for you. I want one, I like it, even though I have never held one. I will wait for reason and if it does not come, oh well. I don't need and won't pay to sit in the box seats. A hot dog and the nosebleed seats are fine with me.
    hkshooterusp likes this.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal that made good under pressure!

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimmydfw View Post
    I contacted this dealer early on and was supposed to be "on the list" for them to let me know as soon as they know something about the guns coming in...
    Quote Originally Posted by hkpro007 View Post
    I had the same thing happen with a dealer in NC.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeg15 View Post
    Unfortunately ran into the same deal here in MI. What a shame
    No contract or deal when they 'put you on a list'. They just say that to get rid of you and make you fell appeased. Happens all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chefsache View Post
    Hang tight and you will get one for a decent price. Not to mention the correct sight from the factory...
    That's my plan. And the correct drum sight would be a bonus. If these just stay at $2800+ though, this poor will probably be passing.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
    But those who gouge now shall never have my business. Even if their prices come down and they are the only game in town.
    Amen to that, vote with your money. After all there are plenty of businesses that place customers' satisfaction and loyalty above profits. I would like to read who got it under MSRP and those who price gouge.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    And the correct drum sight would be a bonus.
    Ive seen comments about the sight like this before. I have to wonder, if it's the very sight HK themselves installed then how can it be "incorrect"? Because the 94 has a drum sight?

Mostly a rhetorical comment but it kind of shows the odd way of thinking when it comes to this stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The correct sight can be had from HKParts for $25. I don’t see what the big deal is.
    axehole likes this.

Page 96 of 189 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links