HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!!

379K views 2K replies 276 participants last post by  Chargerdude70 
#1 · (Edited)
#823 ·
There will be a couple lucky here and there in places like bum**** Montana getting one for $2400 from their buddy who owns a gun shop in a one horse town but aside from a few outliers you're insane if you think these will go below $2700+ anytime in 2020.

it's going to take HK a long time to catch up with 25+ years of demand / desire

Again, bless the souls of those who wait and think these will be "cheaper" around the months leading up to election

#824 ·
With sales tax and a CC fee and paying list, mine on order is at just over $3k. Thought I was ripped off, but nice to know I could at least get out of it for what I paid (for now).

There was one listed at $2,999 and sold via buy it now on gunbroker. Above MSRP, but would have been the same for me by not having to pay the sales tax.

#830 · (Edited)
I'm more or less talking the final, big number

Youre neglecting to mention the hundreds in taxes and fees. With the internet being so prominent with purchases it's best to just say the final number. Far less confusion.

I know people who bought online for $2900. They aren't paying state taxes and fees and whatnot

Your "2700" is really $ 2900++

#834 ·
Well I'm hoping I get mine. My dealer that took payment for one said he was getting 5. I asked about it yesterday and he said he was waiting on shipping confirmation. Fingers crossed that everything works out, but it is making me nervous that a lot of dealers already got theirs.

#835 ·
Youre neglecting to mention the hundreds in taxes and fees. With the internet being so prominent with purchases it's best to just say the final number. Far less confusion.

I know people who bought online for $2900. They aren't paying state taxes and fees and whatnot

Your "2700" is really $ 2900++

I passed on one for 100 under MSRP plus tax. I would have bought it but the tax just killed the deal. Wait and see what the future holds.

Uh yeah I forgot to mention the tax. Buy one on the net you got shipping and transfer fee. Might want to mention that.

#837 ·
It is. You may be smart enough to do arithmetic, but not wise enough to refrain from looking a gift horse in the mouth. I'd scoop one for $2700 out the door, taking it home immediately. If the $2300 order pans out this month, that's great -- happy to have two. If not? I got mine.
I too would buy one for 2700 OTD. I don't think $2699 plus $216 tax a gift horse. You may have more money than sense but I am not in that boat. I'll wait for a better deal.

#838 ·
I bought one off gunbroker and glad I did. I paid a little over $2900 and I'm fine with that. What's a few hundred extra dollars to guarantee I have the gun I want? I looked at clones, etc but am excited to have an actual HK that has all the features close to an actual MP5. Who knows with the market the way it is if these will be available in mass quantity in the future. If there are tons available in the future for $2300-$2400 that won't bother me but something tells me these will be hard to find in the future and that extra $300 I spent to guarantee one will be money well spent. If I'm wrong that extra $300 was still well spent for a 50th birthday present to myself. :)

I'm going to pick it up Friday and shoot the crap out of it and enjoy every minute of it. :) For better, or worse, glad to be part of the HK family. ;)

#840 ·
I'm not shocked at all. That is why I went nuts calling vendors while folks here were still calling BS, thinking it was a rumor. As soon as I saw Marine0303 say its happening, I picked up the phone.
Took a bit, but I found a place who knew the word on the street, and plunked down $2300. I've been told to expect a call and info by the 15th. We'll see.

In the meantime, if I can scoop up another at around MSRP, I'd do it. If I don't get the one I ordered by the 31st, I cancel payment and hit Gunbroker with a vengence.

And while all this nonsense is going on, I'm in the process of building a PSG1 clone.

Has anyone figured out what the HK methadone is? I probably need it.

#846 · (Edited)
Ultimately this sucks for everyone trying to buy one, as it artificially inflates demand because these individuals would rather buy their way out of making a few phone calls (okay, maybe a few dozen phone calls).

(I put $500 down at my local H&K dealer and they are still working out the pricing... I'm hoping they are not looking at these crazy auctions).

#848 ·
If you're looking for one to keep NIB and flip for profit, or a wall hanger -- I get it.
I know what you are trying to get at but no when I get an SP5 it will get shot. Wait until You retire you will see you won't be as spendy and look for better deals. I've got another Dealer getting some next week waiting to see what he wants for one. Done business with him before.

#853 ·
Retirement? What's that? Lol. I'm fully planning on working until I'm dead. Maybe not full-time, but I really can't foresee a day that I don't want to work.. mostly because I make money on activities that I would otherwise pursue as a hobby regardless. My "retirement" at best would be to switch into 06FFL/SOT work of some kind, once I'm too old to keep up with the kids at new-fangled computer programming. Even then, there is usually loads of work for old-timers on legacy systems that government and big business can't just turn off/replace.

But hey, pursue your hobby the way you like, man. I shopped, and shopped -- looking for a deal on my SP5k, so I get it. But that was after it had been out for awhile. To me, the SP5 is a whole other animal.

#849 ·
I put my name on a waiting list at my LGS. They aren’t a stocking HK dealer because HK requires them to buy $25K worth of product, so have to wait until it gets out to distributors. If I have to wait a few months, I’m fine with that.

#858 ·
What do you guys think the chances are of getting factory SBR SP5's. Called HK and they said there are no plans as of now, but you know how that is. Even if they were planning it they probably wouldn't talk about it until an official announcement. So what do you guys that are "in the know" think about this possibility.

#861 ·
With the speed of eform 1's I don't see an appetite. Both with customers who don't want to wait and dealers who wouldn't want the product sitting.

Factory SBRs are always "more valuable" until you have to sell them on a form 4 and compete with braced pistols waiting to be form 1'd.

Reactions: Tuvia
#860 ·
What do you guys think the chances are of getting factory SBR SP5's. Called HK and they said there are no plans as of now, but you know how that is. Even if they were planning it they probably wouldn't talk about it until an official announcement. So what do you guys that are "in the know" think about this possibility.
Tag for interest. Would like to see it happen but I don't think it's likely. Intend to form 1 the SP5 I get. Of course the easiest way is to just install a brace and be done with it. I just don't care for the braces. I do think there will be an SD in the future.

#862 ·
I think the chances are slim as well, but we can still hope. I agree on the braces too. They're okay, but I think a stock is well worth the price of the stamp. Especially with MP5 style firearms. I actually asked about the SD version as well. They wouldn't comment on whether it would be available or not.

I knew that was the answer I would get, and totally understand why they have to say that. But I was hoping that I was talking to someone that knew it was coming and just couldn't contain their excitement any longer haha.

#866 ·
What's going to make the determination that these SP5's can be utilized as a sear host? A letter to ATF? An NFA attorney giving opinion? A machine shop acknowledging they will do the work?

Also, I'm trying to locate a SP5K in new condition for sub $3k if anyone knows where one is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.