HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!!

379K views 2K replies 276 participants last post by  Chargerdude70 
#1 · (Edited)
#1,132 ·
I’m all for capitalism first and foremost. But... A heads up for anyone that’s looking. Grabagun had them at retail yesterday. Today they raised their price to $2,999.00. I’m all for getting what you can while you can but they had other options to make that extra buck. It’s currently out of stock but the principles always get me.

#1,133 ·
I have become accepting of the fact I shall not ever own one. I want one (at least) just not bad enough to pay these prices. HK is smart with the slow roll out. It elevates prices and helps their dealers. I love HK but when I set a budget it's not variable. I could afford to buy all I wanted at these prices. But I just won't. Maybe they produced enough to restore "reason" to the market. So I still have hope.

Also, with the high number of the uses of the word "pretentious" lately, I must have hit a nerve. Nothing personal, just an observation.

#1,134 ·
The market brings reason to produce. Not the other way around. If market keeps buying, they keep producing as long as laws and regulations permit. Prices are market driven and set by quantities available as we all are seeing. Some got lucky and got at an honest price while others, not so much. I’m sure some of these purchases are panic buys while others are bragging. I’m personally afraid the well will dry and I won’t get one at my price point. I’ve never paid retail on a weapon let alone above and I’m not starting now. I will wait it out.

#1,142 · (Edited)
I had Mike build my MP5 and his workmanship was outstanding. I have fired about 1500 rounds without a malfunction. The only thing missing is HK on the side, but I was able to choose my own serial number.

I also contacted Mike and he said that he will sell them if he gets any. He was selling the SP5K for a reasonable price at a time similar to now. Other dealers were selling them gunbroker and elsewhere with inflated prices.

#1,149 ·
The guy told him yes there will be more coming in and to wait. He would find out for sure but thought there would be a large shipment to the states in January. HK is notorious for limited inventory but that is mostly due to govt contracts, and this was a "civilian" gun so that won't be a problem. A few who got their allocation found out there was some demand and jacked up everything well over MSRP. The 3k+ prices are ridiculous but he didn't think this would hold up at all.[/QUOTE]

For the sake of planning ahead, I'd ask if knows anything or if he can talk to anyone about what might be on that shipment. Hopefully a K or L version

Reactions: Chefsache
#1,155 ·
Props to those that got them already and especially those able to snag them for under MSRP. My gut tells me on this one that HK has changed and we'll see these all over the place in less than six months. Smart money is to wait. At least that's what I'm telling myself! This reminds me of the Colt 6920 run a couple months back. Can't blame the people on Gunbroker for getting what they can get, but that window is very short.

#1,157 · (Edited)
No sweat waiting until January or February. I purchased my 3-lug adapter, brace and more ammo and am ready when the irrational exuberance ends. Had a similar experience with the Sig Commerative M17. Wanted one but waited. Checking the gun counter much later I inquired about a Sig and the counter guy said they had a Commerative in the back and did I want to see it? Yes. Sale on 9mm's so picked it up. Same deal on a Mark 23. Looked at one on sale and hesitated and it was gone. Months later, another shows up and I bought it also on sale. Good things come to those who wait.

#1,172 ·
I shot 150 rounds through my SP5 today. Just an amazing gun. Beautiful inside and out. Finish is spectacular. Sights were right on out of the box and she shot flawless with a mix of fiocchi 115gr and blazer brass 124gr with HK, ETS and KCI mags. Finest firearm I have ever owned. I can’t wait to shoot more!!

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.