HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!!

379K views 2K replies 276 participants last post by  Chargerdude70 
#1 · (Edited)
#1,554 · (Edited)
I get it guys. I understand Supply & demand. But if the dealers don't sell them due to gouging, why the hell would they order more from HK? Sure, they MIGHT eventually lower it a little bit after a loooooong time but by that point HK might have said screw it, not enough interest. I've seen this happen numerous times over the years so yes it is a real concern. They also know that some people (like those who live in VA for example) do not have the luxury of time and are taking advantage. Gross.

Also, selling TP and water bottles for $50 is gouging? Why do you hate capitalism?

Point is, yes they're obviously allowed to sell them for what they want, but I'm also allowed to call them a price gouging ****bag and put them in the hall of shame for it. Not sure why people have an issue with that.

#1,558 ·
Albatross43 has it about right. With the length of this thread, it is obvious demand is still very high. As long as HK keeps trickling in the supply, prices will remain high. Those of us who still "demand" a SP5, either need a drastic increase in supply or break our moral code and purchase one at higher cost than we feel is right. Dealers I have read are getting the SP5 at the same price, so if supply increases the only way they can keep making money is on an increase in sales volume at a lower retail price.

#1,579 ·
Got notification of 3 more showing up on GB. 1 guy said he just got it in. Starting bid? Wait for it.......$3899.99. These guys are nuts. They must not want to sell it. I’m just wondering if they are trickling in or people were hanging on to them to drive prices up. Some of the SN’s of newly listed items were sub 1200 and saw a couple in the 800’s.

#1,588 · (Edited)
I contacted a gun store in Texas and they said they received two today but they were presold. I asked about additional SP5s and they said they think they may get more in 2-3 weeks. I called the places where I'm on a waiting list and no new info. Someone on FB just mentioned they received one as well.

#1,590 ·
Seems the first wave of SP5’s purchases have plateaued? I only know of one of my LGS receiving one SP5, the others are still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,591 ·
The largest local gun store in my city received and posted pics on facebook and Instagram. This was Thursday 1/17/20. I stopped by on Friday around 2:15 and it was gone. Not a shock. The salesman said it couldn’t have been sold on the spot because they still have a call list of 5 people for an SP5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,593 ·
Did ya tell them Mid January has come and gone? Has anyone received their Brownells Pre-order? If not, hard to believe a company that big hasn't gotten any while smaller companies have gotten multiples. Feel for those who dished out their money with no fruit yet. Hope it works out for ya's. Well worth the wait for what ya's paid if they come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.