HKPRO Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breaking News New for 2019 Christmas SP5s !!!!!

379K views 2K replies 276 participants last post by  Chargerdude70 
#1 · (Edited)
#1,610 ·
I have been watching the Shot Show thread. I was hoping HK would have more of what we want on display , like a semi ump and g36 in pistol form so they can import it. It’s nice they have brought the SP5 in , but not enough for demand. Also I haven’t seen any SP5Ks in months. I’m not paying more than 2k for a sp5k or Sp5. Gunbroker is a joke. Anything I see on there now is way overpriced.

#1,617 ·
If the used gun is beat to death then yes it’ll be worth much less but if the used gun has a mag or two through it, probably no big deal. Consider the hk94’s and sp89’s as examples. Further unless you have an unusual serial number like 1 or the last one made or maybe a number that means something to the buyer, does the number really matter?

#1,622 ·
I was supposed to take possession of my SP5 today, but backed out and reassessing it over the coming days. So I went into my LGS handled the gun, everything was as expected. The action worked smoothly, the paddle release seemed gritty, but a good cleaning will fix that issue. When I was putting the mag into the gun, I noticed that the provided magazines did not lock into the gun without a GOOD smack to force it in, this is with the bolt open. The sales guy had a few range SP5K, Zenith 5RS to test the mag and they lock into those guns just fine. He tested the range gun's magazine in my SP5 and it locks, but VERY tight with no wobble. He told me to bring in my HK mags into the store over the coming days to see if it would lock with my personal magazines. Assuming that if my mags lock, then the two provided mags are out of spec. If my mags don't lock either, then the magazine locking feature may be out of spec.

Did anyone have a similar issue with their two SP5 magazines not fitting easily and this is just normal break-in for the
SP5 or if this SP5 really is out of spec? I'm never experienced this in any of my other mp5 style guns (Zenith Z-5rs, PTR 9ct, SP5K) so I thought I would ask the experts assuming this is normal before getting back in line for the long wait.

#1,626 ·
I tried rocking in the magazine yesterday and it did not lock into place. There's no tolerance to rock anything into the gun. From everyone's comment, it seems like this is normal for HK Sp5s to have such a tight tolerance.

I've already paid-in-full just haven't taken possession of it, but more than happy to sell it to anyone....at the right price....:biggrin:

#1,634 ·
Everything but VP9's has always trickled in with HK. I really don't foresee this being any different. I'm not sure why everyone expects them to be sent in and stocked on shelves like Smith & Wesson M&P's when that has literally never happened before. I sure wouldn't hold my breath brother...

#1,641 ·
Nope. I've been calling in every week ago asking for rumors on when the next shipment is coming in. "Early February" is what I hear.

Last time I called, I was able to find out what my place in line was - which pre-order I was. Makes the waiting a bit easier to get any kind of tidbit of information.

#1,645 ·
Nice SP5 “Die Hard” edition [emoji41][emoji1303]

I was originally going with the F stock but chose the B&T, for comfort. I will go with the original A3, for that 80’s look, if I ever find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#1,650 ·
Osage County Guns received a few SP5s last week and they sold out after a few hours. Another dealer I have some reserved with expects to receive some this week. They are still trickling in but very slowly. A few other dealers I talked to expected to receive new shipments around Shot Show. Keep calling around and hopefully they will be available.

#1,652 · (Edited)
Lurked here on the forum for a while......Been watching this thread since the start. Picked up my SP5 in early Dec filed my form 1 on 12/9 and it took 43 days to be approved .....I've got a close friend who runs the local shop I use. They got three on the first drop in early December and these four landed today. (All sold) these are in the 1760's and 1770s serial numbers. All have shipped direct from Hk.

Best,
Jj

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.