Opinions about online private party purchase
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Opinions about online private party purchase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Opinions about online private party purchase

Mods, I apologize is this doesn't belong in this forum but I thought it'd be okay as I'm just seeking some general opinions about buying an HK firearm.

Anyways, I found a good deal on an HK firearm online. However, the person is not local to me so there is the problem and he is a private party. Is there any way to make this kind of transaction a bit safer, or what would you do (or would you just not touch it)? He said he would take paypal or a money order already, it seems like he will be flexible, but I'm not sure how to proceed or if I even want to.

Just looking for some opinions, thanks guys.

EDIT: After some digging, I found out that it was indeed a scam- a good reminder for buying anything online from a private party.
    Last edited by blink; 11-18-2019 at 08:21 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blink View Post
    ..Anyways, I found a good deal on an HK firearm online. However, the person is not local to me so there is the problem and he is a private party. Is there any way to make this kind of transaction a bit safer, or what would you do (or would you just not touch it)? ...
    Sure, avoid this sale at all costs or it will end up costing you. Glad you didn't follow-thru. Was this Armslist or some other suspect on-line website? IMHO, the safest sites I've used are Gunbroker and GunsInternational. No problems at all with the gun buys I've made. You can also try this forum. I've bought 3 HKs here. Sellers are rated accordingly.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I've done it once with lots of references from the guy. He gladly provided all of his handles on all the forums, this was from an Arizona backpage ad. The only way I would do it is through a an FFL broker and 3rd party that holds the money until the gun is received and released.
    GuntherRommel likes this.
    A voice from the past whispers in my ear, “Brethren, keep your powder dry.”

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea it was armslist. It's funny though, I knew it was fishy as hell, but you'd be amazed at what you can talk yourself (almost) into if you want something bad enough. I wouldn't be hesitant on a forum purchase (assuming there was at least some feedback), but armslist can near the level of craigslist bullshit at times.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I only do Armslist where I can pick up the firearm.

Another approach you can take for a long distance purchase is have the seller take the firearm to an FFL who will accept the firearm and your money. Once the FFL gets your money and your FFL then he ships it to your FFL. It might cost a little more but safer than sending money to the seller.

I bought a pistol here and had good luck with the buy even though I sent the money to the seller. I hope that this site is policed to the point where you can trust the members.
    GuntherRommel likes this.
    HK - No Compromise

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Mods, I apologize is this doesn't belong in this forum but I thought it'd be okay as I'm just seeking some general opinions about buying an HK firearm.

Anyways, I found a good deal on an HK firearm online. However, the person is not local to me so there is the problem and he is a private party. Is there any way to make this kind of transaction a bit safer, or what would you do (or would you just not touch it)? He said he would take paypal or a money order already, it seems like he will be flexible, but I'm not sure how to proceed or if I even want to.

Just looking for some opinions, thanks guys.

EDIT: After some digging, I found out that it was indeed a scam- a good reminder for buying anything online from a private party.
    Bruh:

Three choices here:

1. Tell him to send it to your FFL. Upon receipt AND inspection, you will forward bank check.
    2. Do FTF, at your own risk.
    3. RUN.....RUN.....don't walk....run away from this deal.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We need something like paypal that allows gun purchases, but also buyer protection so we can just file a claim if its a potential scam. *Wishful thinking..*

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

We need something like paypal that allows gun purchases, but also buyer protection so we can just file a claim if its a potential scam. *Wishful thinking..*
    They are out there
    https://www.armspay.com/

This has 5% fee, but for the right transaction it would be money well spent
    https://www.elite2a.com/pages/escrow-services

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    They are out there

This has 5% fee, but for the right transaction it would be money well spent
    https://www.elite2a.com/pages/escrow-services
    Oh, shows you what I know. Doesn't seem like they are too widely used yet or maybe they are and I've just never heard of them. Thanks for the information man, I'll definitely bookmark them for future use.

Desperately Needs Treatment

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kbinmt View Post
    They are out there
    If Armslist is poison, then Armspay is the antidote. But have you actually used Armspay?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links