A3 Stock to Tailhook Brace Conversion Questions, Can it be reversed?

Thread: A3 Stock to Tailhook Brace Conversion Questions, Can it be reversed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A3 Stock to Tailhook Brace Conversion Questions, Can it be reversed?

Hey all,

First I wanted to ask, where do you guys talk about your HK MP5s/etc.? Most of the MP5/similar talk seems to happen in the clone section and maybe a little scattered throughout a couple of subsections.

Now on to my question:
    Can anyone inform me on the process of converting an A3 stock to a tailhook brace? Is the starting point always an A3 stock? Basically I found an extremely good deal on the tailhook and collapsing mechanism (what is that specific part called?) already put together/made into a brace. I am mostly wondering if I have the option to just buy the buttpad portion of an A3 and convert it back to an A3 stock or does the conversion to a brace remove/damage something vital to being an A3 stock? Trying to figure out what stock I want in the future when I SBR my SP5, because if this can be converted back, it would be some huge savings.

Thanks all!

P.S. I find it nuts that people spend that much money on an A3 just to turn around and make it a brace, I'm just running it because I needed some kind of brace and this was much cheaper than any of the standard options. I guess I could see doing it if your state doesn't allow SBRs, but beyond that IDK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HKparts sold a replacement stock strut with buttpad at one point. Don't know if they still do because their new website is hot garbage and a nightmare to navigate. At any rate a quick swap of the modified stock strut with a unmodded one will return it back to stock status.

Sponsored Links