Mp5 kits?

Thread: Mp5 kits?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Default Mp5 kits?

Now with the SP5's out, what is everyones take on mp5 kits now? Other than the .40 kits I see the 9mm kits going down in price. What is everyone's take?

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think it's too early to tell, really depends on the quality (most likely not an issue) and the quantity (huge variable) of the new sp5.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

People with the ability to build and a strong desire for the hobby aren't going to be bothered by the introduction of the SP5. They can build one cheaper and have that feeling of accomplishment some are addicted to for half the price. That it doesn't say "Made in Germany" on the side means little to them.
    So I don't think prices are going to change at all.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hkshooterusp View Post
    People with the ability to build and a strong desire for the hobby aren't going to be bothered by the introduction of the SP5. They can build one cheaper and have that feeling of accomplishment some are addicted to for half the price. That it doesn't say "Made in Germany" on the side means little to them.
    So I don't think prices are going to change at all.
    I agree for the people who have the knowledge, tools and desire to build, it will not matter.
    But to the guys who want a "all german" mp5, who are buying kits and HK94s and sending them out to reputable builders it could make a huge difference.

Are there more guys with money who want one?
    Or are there more guys who can build them themselves?

I honestly don't know the answer.

But if HK can get enough of these in to bring street price to around 2k, it's gonna hurt PTR, good builders and I don't think we'll ever see another Zenith/MKE 9mm

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Man I hope no one is sitting on a MP5K parts kit right now. Sad days if the upgraded SP5K's do come out after new years

Sponsored Links