What A2 Stock is this?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By HK556WI
  • 1 Post By flybynt

Thread: What A2 Stock is this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What A2 Stock is this?

I was curious if anyone could fill me in a little on the A2 stock I recently acquired. I ordered it from Numrich as a "used MP5 stock," but I thought those had flat buttstocks? Also, there's no buffer inside nor can I locate any date code, could this possibly not be a genuine HK? Thanks in advance, I'm still a little green on MP5 stuff.

What A2 Stock is this?-side1.jpeg
    What A2 Stock is this?-side2.jpeg
    What A2 Stock is this?-face.jpeg

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

No buffer plate so it is a MP5 stock.

If it had the round plastic disk it would be a HK 33/93/53 stock.
    Frank in GA. likes this.
    Lighting the Darkness

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HK556WI View Post
    No buffer plate so it is a MP5 stock.

If it had the round plastic disk it would be a HK 33/93/53 stock.
    I seem to remember having discussion about this very subject here on this thread with you and @SudS back in 2016 but it was about stocks with straight butpad not the curved ones like the op posted. In that very post @Mr.Maim posted pics of a manual with the the curved stock like the op is asking about and in his last post in that thread I used to also follow like Mr.Main that if the eyelets show the steel around the push pin it was for a buffered stock i.e. it was a 93.

I am now thinking that HK may have had a surplus of 33/93 stocks due to contract overruns etc and thus used them as they saw fit.
    Mr.Maim likes this.
    Thomas Jefferson -
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    "Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the feedback! The curved buttpad was what threw me off since there was no buffer, and it would make sense that they just used surplus 33/93 stocks to make MP5 stocks. Reading through the thread you linked, I'm guessing mine was made in Malaysia under contract through HK, hence why I can't find any date codes.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flybynt View Post
    I seem to remember having discussion about this very subject here on this thread with you and @SudS back in 2016 but it was about stocks with straight butpad not the curved ones like the op posted. In that very post @Mr.Maim posted pics of a manual with the the curved stock like the op is asking about and in his last post in that thread I used to also follow like Mr.Main that if the eyelets show the steel around the push pin it was for a buffered stock i.e. it was a 93.

I am now thinking that HK may have had a surplus of 33/93 stocks due to contract overruns etc and thus used them as they saw fit.
    I remember that thread! (thanks for the "@" @flybynt ) I think my takeaway from that discussion is that the most consistent thing about Heckler & Koch parts is the inconsistency.

If I saw the stock OP posted above sitting on a table at a gun show, I'd buy it with the strict intention of putting it on an HK33/53/93, instead of an MP5.

...but we can all come up with pictures showing either stock on any of the aforementioned firearms so... yeah...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The image of the used MP5 stock from Numrich is below, labeled with "STOCK PHOTO OF USED PART - CONDITION MAY VARY." So when mine showed up it threw me off. I'm not upset with what I got and I think it'll work fine for when I SBR my SP5, though it just won't look like what a stock MP5A2 would look like.

What A2 Stock is this?-1574150.jpg

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    223 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChopsticks View Post
    The image of the used MP5 stock from Numrich is below, labeled with "STOCK PHOTO OF USED PART - CONDITION MAY VARY." So when mine showed up it threw me off. I'm not upset with what I got and I think it'll work fine for when I SBR my SP5, though it just won't look like what a stock MP5A2 would look like.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1574150.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	249930
    I actually like yours better than the stock photograph!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I agree with AGG.
    I passed on ordering from Numrich based upon their picture.

May have to order one after seeing what you received.

Sponsored Links