Why has HK never embraced 10mm? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Why has HK never embraced 10mm?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Demand for anything in 10mm is low. I sell maybe 20 10mm’s a year out of the 8,000-10,000 guns we sell yearly.
    Sconie likes this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ErickZ View Post
    Demand for anything in 10mm is low. I sell maybe 20 10mm’s a year out of the 8,000-10,000 guns we sell yearly.
    That makes me sad. 10mm is an amazing round. It works great for hog hunting. But I guess I am not helping either because I don't carry one nor do I have a PCC in 10mm.
    H&K Guns I own:

HK P30L V3 LE 9mm
    HK P30L V1-4.1 9mm
    HK P30sk V1 LE 9mm
    1941 K98K ayf 8mm

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

it's not official, but you could make your own 10mm USP...
    topleft likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

The discriminating gun-buying public is a small portion of them market. Looking at the annual figures of who sells the most guns in the US, it's generally makes and models most here would turn their noses up to.

Like the 500S&W, 224 Valkyrie, 375 H&H Magnum...it isn't a "for everybody" cartridge.

Compound that with the fact that the 10mm has no dedicated vehicle. I'd say for ALL that it has going against it, one random dude selling 20 in a year says a lot for a cartridge that has survived many cartridges that have been completely wiped from the Earth with less effort.
    Underbyte likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm kinda happy that HK hasn't made a 10mm. I'm pretty sure my checking account couldn't handle it.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by brouhaha View Post
    I'm kinda happy that HK hasn't made a 10mm. I'm pretty sure my checking account couldn't handle it.
    They did.....MP5 10MM.....ask me how I know

They kick a$$ too. Have Ralph build you one and you'll go broke.
    waz0wski and hvrnaut like this.
    A redneck's famous last words...."Hey everybody, watch this!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In commercial transactions---business----it all comes down to demand.....or lack of the same.
    I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. - Alan Greenspan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

To be fair, 10mm Auto's popularity was pretty short lived. Aside from the Bren 10 getting some airtime on Miami Vice and the round being adopted by the FBI in the late '80s/early '90s, it just has a cult following compared to the .45 ACP on one end, and 9mm Luger and .40 S&W on the other. .40 was born out of the fact that the FBI pud-loaded 10mm to reduce recoil in pistols, and S&W and Winchester developed a more compact round around the FBI spec 10mm loading.

That being said, HK for a time made MP5s in 10mm Auto and .40S&W, and Colt made a M1911/Mk IV Series 80 variant called the Delta Elite in 10mm from 1987-1999, then reintroduced it in about 2008 and still make a variant of it.
    Vincent04 likes this.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

...and what resulted was a 30-year circle-jerk about the fallacy of service pistol "stopping power" only to end up back where they started.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Of course the problem with pistol rounds vs rifle rounds is that rifle rounds of smaller caliber can generate energy by increasing velocity to make up for diameter. Most rifle rounds are also tail-heavy spitzer/boat-tail bullets that tend to tumble and sometimes fragment in soft tissue. Pistol rounds can't count on that, so often times bigger is actually better.

Granted, if the FBI had issues back then with the stopping power of 9mm automatic pistols and .38 revolvers, why not re-adopt .45 ACP?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links