40 Years Ago Today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 40 Years Ago Today

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Interesting story Princes gate photos....8th picture down I still have one autographed by Phil Singleton, when he was lead instructor at HK, International Training Division.
    During one of his classes he also showed us picture 10. Asked what was wrong in the photo....I don't think any of us caught it. Can anyone spot what the problem was???
    Last edited by Phil Flack; 05-19-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Flack View Post
    Interesting story Princes gate photos....8th picture down I still have one autographed by Phil Singleton, when he was lead instructor at HK, International Training Division.
    During one of his classes he also showed us picture 10. Asked what was wrong in the photo....I don't think any of us caught it. Can anyone spot what the problem was???
    Not crazy with how close that unsecured handgun is on the left. And the guy handling the other guys foot, is that bending normally?
    Last edited by SudS; 05-21-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

And Mr. pinstripe, is his left hand backwards?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

we have a winnah! Suds you are correct, the operator's Browning Hi-Power (SAS hand gun weapon of choice at that time) is on the ground, not under his control. If I remember correctly, I believe Phil Singleton said he was off the team the next day because of it.
    Phil was involved in that mission and later lead instructor for the HK International Training Division.
    I think the hand/foot was due to the angle of the picture. I had not seen this complete photograph. Phil only had, I guess a cropped pic, showing the operator with the flex cuffs and his weapon on the ground

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Flack View Post
    we have a winnah! Suds you are correct, the operator's Browning Hi-Power (SAS hand gun weapon of choice at that time) is on the ground, not under his control. If I remember correctly, I believe Phil Singleton said he was off the team the next day because of it.
    Phil was involved in that mission and later lead instructor for the HK International Training Division.
    I think the hand/foot was due to the angle of the picture. I had not seen this complete photograph. Phil only had, I guess a cropped pic, showing the operator with the flex cuffs and his weapon on the ground
    I excell at standing on the sidelines and criticizing other people’s performance.
    HKPRO and FPNunes like this.

Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

I have always wondered if the guy in the very lower right of picture 9 was actually Phil. I have seen another one with more of his face exposed, and the resemblance is striking. I have never heard Phil describe what his actual role was in the raid. I asked him about the raid when I was a snot-nosed young cop, and he was very circumspect.

I mean no disrespect. Everyone on that raid deserves equal credit. Not everyone got to abseil the windows and slay tangos.
    Check out HKPRO on Facebook and HKPRO on Instagram: hkpro_official

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKPRO View Post
    I have always wondered if the guy in the very lower right of picture 9 was actually Phil. I have seen another one with more of his face exposed, and the resemblance is striking. I have never heard Phil describe what his actual role was in the raid. I asked him about the raid when I was a snot-nosed young cop, and he was very circumspect.

I mean no disrespect. Everyone on that raid deserves equal credit. Not everyone got to abseil the windows and slay tangos.
    Phil told us what his part of the raid was, but for good OPSEC here now, I won't mention it. One funny thing he did say...sounds like you know him, so you will agree. He can spin a yarn!!! He said that the mission was not really that different from a lot of their training scenarios, except they had real bad guys they could shoot! Then he said that when it was over, it hit him what they had accomplished while having a beer with, quoting him now: "Maggie Thatcher!!!"
    It was a well run raid. The bad guys murdered one of their hostages. I think only one of the remaining hostages were killed in the raid. 5 of the 6 bad guys were killed. Something like 15 minutes start to finish!!!
    Special Assault teams, such as the SAS, our Delta force and the German GSG-9 all became really high speed-low drag teams after the terrible ending to the Iranian (again, those damn Iranians) mess at the 1972 Munich Olympics.
    I wonder too, but I don't remember Phil saying that was him in any of the pictures he had!!
    HKPRO, FPNunes and RyanH&K21EOwner like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Re: poster reprint

Wish it didn't have the 50th anniversary logo on it so huge. Visual eyesore by placement alone and it clashes completely with the typography and older logo at the bottom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for sharing this. Cool to see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links