MP5 X or XX hammer?

Thread: MP5 X or XX hammer?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default MP5 X or XX hammer?

Hammers question, Is there an advantage to using one over the other regarding the X or XX marked hammers in the MP5?

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregAB View Post
    Hammers question, Is there an advantage to using one over the other regarding the X or XX marked hammers in the MP5?
    I think X hammer is 93/223 and XX is 94/9mm. XX is pinned and timing is different IIRC from my reading.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

That's interesting as I have an X hammer in my MP5SD trigger pack and noticed it sits back further than a XX hammer in a trigger pack when cocked rearward. It works fine in the SD but I wonder why it was used instead of a XX hammer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chargerdude70 View Post
    I think X hammer is 93/223 and XX is 94/9mm. XX is pinned and timing is different IIRC from my reading.

HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GregAB View Post
    That's interesting as I have an X hammer in my MP5SD trigger pack and noticed it sits back further than a XX hammer in a trigger pack when cocked rearward. It works fine in the SD but I wonder why it was used instead of a XX hammer?
    There was a post in here somewhere that explained the differences between the hammers. Might want to do a search. I think there was something mentioned in it about what you are mentioning. It’s been a while since I read it so don’t want to say much more as my memory isn’t like it used to be. I don’t mind being wrong, I just hate given bad info.

Sponsored Links