Why buy the HK MP5 Parts Kit from HK??
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Why buy the HK MP5 Parts Kit from HK??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I just don’t understand the point in purchasing one of the chopped up MP5’s from HK parts. The sears are full auto or burst, illegal to own. What’s the purpose? If anyone could explain why someone would spend 2 grand on one??

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

LCSO264, GregAB, caf82313 and 2 others like this.
    "Amat victoria curam"

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)

Welcome to the site--- parts kits are used for builds, replacement parts, etc.--- authentic, German parts!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    Welcome to the site--- parts kits are used for builds, replacement parts, etc.--- authentic, German parts!!! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.hkpro.com/forum/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG]

Tony
    Thanks for the reply, I guess I just don’t understand why anyone would buy a kit like that when you could just purchase an Sp5.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blwnfive0 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I guess I just don’t understand why anyone would buy a kit like that when you could just purchase an Sp5.
    You are welcome--- this is true!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Now thats a very interesting question and I can only speak for myself, so here are my thoughts and I may be wrong on some assumptions.
    1- An original MP5, not a diluted version to include the trigger pack and all original parts (yes I’m being redundant).
    2- You can get your hands on a full HK receiver (not cheap, will probably be a host gun) and convert to a full MP5 HANDS DOWN (some are full auto and some are not).
    3- you can use an aftermarket receiver if you dont want to use a host gun.
    4- The MP5 Kit with the receiver you chose will now have the desirable quality of being full auto ready ( just need your registered sear).

To be fair you can purchase a new SP5 and send it off for all of the above. Personally, I think an older pistol exudes personality and history, it tells a story.

I have an SP5K on order that I paid an arm and a leg for. When it comes in I will sent off to become a MP5K-SD, unless @AGG (my voice of reasoning holds an intervention for my addiction!)
    Just my thoughts, and I’m probably wrong on all accounts, but ultimately, you can't fault, critique, Or condemn me (Not saying that you are) for what I want.
    Thanks for indulging me.
    M.
    When governments fear the people, there is liberty, When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

From 1989 to 2020 HK did not sell MP5 style weapons of any kind to civilians in the U.S. To meet demand for those 31 years a market developed for so-called clone weapons that used a range of genuine and aftermarket HK parts, but always a non-HK receiver. One popular option was to take a cut-up MP5 sold to law enforcement, and rebuild it with a U.S.-made receiver (and, with the advent of 922(r) some U.S. parts). This arrangement valued the kits at about 2k. In the last few years (5?) you had "factory made clones" where MP5 style semi-autos made in Pakistan and Turkey were imported as complete weapons (with U.S. parts added to meet 922(r)).

With the limited availability of SP5s, high cost, and single configuration there still appears to be a market for building clone guns with former LE kits. There is also a market for cheaper MP5 style guns from licensed producers. While an (imagined) flood of SP5s might change the situation, it is going to take some time for supply to meet demand. With an election on November history indicates there are a number of people who will believe they can't wait on supply and will be looking to acquire an MP5 style gun as rapidly as possible--using a kit if necessary.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well I remember wishing I bought all those sten mags & kits when I was younger... but they are making mp5s still.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyanaman1963 View Post
    I have an SP5K on order that I paid an arm and a leg for. When it comes in I will sent off to become a MP5K-SD, unless @AGG (my voice of reasoning holds an intervention for my addiction!)
    M.
    You may!!!

Tony
    Guyanaman1963 likes this.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AGG View Post
    You may!!!

Tony
    Well... That’s all I needed to hear!!! LOL!
    M.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links