What Kept Heckler & Koch A Class Act w/Class Guns
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What Kept Heckler & Koch A Class Act w/Class Guns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What Kept Heckler & Koch A Class Act w/Class Guns

There are quite a few gun manufacturers that used to produce a good gun, that don't now, or who're losing their direction, or falling off w/QC, or for whatever reason are just a "shell" of their former selves.

In that context, I'll mention what I admire about my 2 HK P2000SK's which I bought at the same time, and which I've made a point of running the same amount of ammo through both guns, which is that I can close my eyes and rack both guns and I cannot tell which gun I'm holding. I've just gotten 2 HK P2000's they're brand spanking new, and closing my eyes, again I can't tell the difference when I rack those two. The closest thing to this, re 2 of the same gun from another manufacturer, would be my 2 Benelli M2's shotguns.

I've got Beretta, Smith & Wesson, Remington, Ruger, and where I've gotten 2 of the same guns, I can close my eyes, rack my semi-autos, rack my shotguns, or handle my revolvers and, I can still tell which gun I'm handling.

It just seems from my personal experience and from what I hear from others that HK has kept a high lever of production quality across it line of guns, and from individual gun to gun, which these days is kind of special.

I couldn't afford HK years ago, and then they went down in price, at that point I thought, "well, what's wrong, what's up?"; after buying my 2 P2000SK's, I could see the answer to that was nothing.

I found that incredible, the price goes down, but the gun retains a high level of quality, which these days is also kind of special.

Who/what kept this outfit at the top for all these years?
    Last edited by BESAFE; 07-03-2020 at 01:38 PM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)

Quality (for the sake of profit and greed) has diminished across all manufacturers--- HK just not as much!!!

Tony
    Aeg15 likes this.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I would venture to say it’s due to their desire to keep and increase military contracts world wide. To be able to do this HK makes it a point to keep their build quality up to military grade specs. It’s a great thing they do, does however from time to time give us civilian some problems obtaining their products for a spell.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

I think I agree with Tony. HK has slipped a little, just not as much as everyone else.

When I'm manipulating a VP9 by itself, it's a very nice pistol. But when I put it side by side with a P7 made in the 80s, the difference in build quality is not subtle.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

ever own a Mercedes Benz? Germans are proud of their engineering and manufacturing processes

SAME THING
    Last edited by wallew; 07-03-2020 at 03:29 PM.
    AndrewJackson likes this.
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post
    I think I agree with Tony. HK has slipped a little, just not as much as everyone else.

When I'm manipulating a VP9 by itself, it's a very nice pistol. But when I put it side by side with a P7 made in the 80s, the difference in build quality is not subtle.
    You get my point!!!

Tony

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bastardsonofelvis View Post

The vp9 was made to compete with other "cheaper" striker fired guns and there by a little less quality then HK's other guns.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

They never sold out to ‘Merican or Japanese Company who would cheapen the brand until its $hit.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

If HK had a strong profit motive, they probably wouldn't be in the constant financial trouble they seem to be :D

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    They never sold out to ‘Merican or Japanese Company who would cheapen the brand until its $hit.
    Including Cerberus!!!

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links