This Why I Can't Talk to Glock Owners About HK
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: This Why I Can't Talk to Glock Owners About HK

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default This Why I Can't Talk to Glock Owners About HK

I have no problem with Glock's but what I find is they think it's the best thing ever and that just blows my mind. The money I see that people put in Glock upgrades is mind blowing I just will never understand the mindset I guess.

TLOU_Joel and FPNunes like this.

HKPRO Professional
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Wow. I don't even know what to say about that comment. Obviously that person has done zero research about what they state as "fact".

I have no problems with glock either. Biggest problem I have with them personally is the grip angle.

Since they are inexpensive and more "popular" people are ok with the status que or the Chevy "350" as I like to to call it. They now think it is the standard. Well guess what people? There's a reason GM made Cadillac.
    There's a reason H&K made firearms.

HELL! H&K made the first striker fired pistol in the world!

There is a standard above.

No Compromise

Nuff said
    Last edited by SRTNITRO; 07-18-2020 at 06:17 AM.
    ROCK OUT WITH YOUR KOCH OUT!!
    SEMPER FI Marines!

Priest of the P7
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)

Last I checked HK has a shooting team and they routinely whoop up on the competition...using HKs.

Whoever wrote that is what Red Foreman would call a dumbass.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SRTNITRO View Post
    Wow. I don't even know what to say about that comment. Obviously that person has done zero research about what they state as "fact".

I have no problems with glock either. Biggest problem I have with them personally is the grip angle.

Since they are inexpensive and more "popular" people are ok with the status que or the Chevy "350" as I like to to call it. They now think it is the standard. Well guess what people? There's a reason GM made Cadillac.
    There's a reason H&K made firearms.

HELL! H&K made the first striker fired pistol in the world!

There is a standard above.

No Compromise

Nuff said
    You can add that HK made the first polymer pistol as well. I would like to see where Glock would be without HKs engineering. Like many others on this site, I don’t have a problem with Glocks, but they are certainly lack the fit, finish and engineering of an HK.
    DFM914 likes this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

It only gets better I disengage after this because of people who are hardcore Glock fans and I get it you love it but when you make it the be-all of guns you look like an ass. They are good and cheap that's why most departments use them but don't come at me like H&K is crap just blows my mind. The mindset that most Glock owners have not all but most it's just crazy to me I enjoy people who enjoy guns but some Glock owners I have met and talked to think its best since sliced bread.
    Last edited by lakelandman; 07-18-2020 at 12:21 PM.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)

Like a conservative talking to a leftist!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Don't let the Glockers get to you. I used to be both an HK and Glock certified armorer and I repaired hundreds more Glock pistols than HK. With my experience I have the ability to chuckle off the Glockers and go about life with a knowing smirk on my face. Let people be people, Ford vs Chevy, Red wine vs white, Charmin vs Angel Soft, left vs right. To try to convince someone that you are right about something someone on the opposite side is just as passionate about them being right is an exercise in futility. Smile and walk along with the comfort you know what you are talking about and let laying fish flop about. It's fun. That knowing smirk and the associated silence says "professional" way louder than baying on about how much better A is than B.
    I don't "run" my guns or "run" anything on them. Likewise, none of my guns are "platforms". I hold them up, not the other way around.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I like my Glocks. They certainly serve their purpose and have always done what they were supposed to do. I carry them from time to time. I think one of the issues in my neck of the woods is HK simply isn’t known very well. When I visit my LGS and a few other local Gun stores they almost never carry HK’s in stock. Dang they sure have all other regular (cheaper) brands. My LGS says I’m their only customer that orders and demands HK’s. I’ve done my best to push others I’ve talked to promote the HK brand and their quality. Ya get what you pay for in life. I choose no compromises. The other day I was in my LGS and they did have a Vp9sk. I already owned it and a gentleman was wanting to buy a gun. First time purchase. He was looking at..... yep Glocks. I took over the sales pitch from the guy behind the counter (he is a friend and let me do it). After my conversation, instructing and personal experience with HK. He walked out with that Vp9sk. Hooked him up with quality IWB Kydex holster recommendations as well. A couple weeks later I asked my LGS guy if he’d seen the man (we) sold that HK to. He said yes and had been back in to buy some more ammo. The gentleman raved about how he loved that HK Vp9sk and was sure glad he made the purchase. I’ve also taken a good handful of pistol tactical training classes. I’ve never seen another HK in these classes. Almost always Glock, Sigs and Rugers. The instructors always ask to shoot my HK. Usually the comment is “Nice” , “Cool”, “Solid”... but they go back to their Glocks or maybe a Sig. I think at least in my area HK just isn’t known well. I’m trying to help with that!!!!
    Zeabned likes this.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lakelandman View Post
    ...They are good and cheap ...
    And that is the only full compliment I will ever give a Glock. I've shot many Glocks in many sizes and calibers, but never owned one because "they are good and cheap" and will always be so. Like everyone else here, I wanted something way more and way better.
    DFM914 and Zeabned like this.

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent04 View Post
    And that is the only full compliment I will ever give a Glock. I've shot many Glocks in many sizes and calibers, but never owned one because "they are good and cheap" and will always be so. Like everyone else here, I wanted something way more and way better.
    Glocks make excellent throw-downs!!!

Tony

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links