What's up with this HKPRO school and why should I care?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What's up with this HKPRO school and why should I care?

Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Default What's up with this HKPRO school and why should I care?

What's up with this HKPRO school and why should I care?-mp5coursedrezinst.jpg

More or less, I have been absent from the HK world and this website for the better part of a decade.

And now I am back, but so much has changed, and so many people are new, who don't know that much about me, or my history, or that I worked for HK, and am in LE, and that I have taught MP5 classes to citizens before now.

Much of that is buried in the archives.

And so, on this new forum, all of a sudden, I am hawking a new version of my old school.

Many here have attended before. I hope they chime in.

The short story of my departure is a divorce about ten years ago that forced the sale of this website, and a new hobby that helped me deal with the stress of that time. Powered paragliding. Strap a two-stroke engine on your back with a paraglider, and run into the sky. Wiser than drinking to unconsciousness every night, I suppose. :)

It was the ultimate escape from the stress of that time. It was blissful, and awesome. I ended up doing it for nine years, and more than 1,400 flights.

I gave it up two years ago, and have slowly come back to shooting for recreation, my ultimate hobby, really, and fast forward to now, the SP5 hit American shores. As had ATF's ruling on braces.

And something reignited in me.

And so, I am back.

And now offering this school. And what isn't apparent to many here, and more widely, on Facebook and other social media, is that there are so many new folks who are enjoying this gun company, and eagerly buying these guns, and they're missing out on some pretty cool sport enhancing knowledge that makes the ownership experience much more comprehensive, and thereby exponentially more enjoyable.

When I was on SWAT, and sought training for my team, and for myself, HK ITD was the big game in town. And we brought them to us, and they made many of us MP5 operators, and some of us instructors.

Then, in 1999, they offered a special, intensive MP5 Master Instructor course. I took that too.

And all the time, I was associated with non-police friends who were enthusiastic shooters, who were denied the ability to take a course like those, because of "the liability."

Then I went to work for HK, and was blessed to be named the director of ITD, following in the footsteps of Phil Singleton and John T. Meyer, Jr. That ultimately didn't pan out, for reasons I have articulated here before.

But I started teaching informal MP5 operator schools just as ITD had, in an intensive, RUSHED, one day immersion that was generally positively regarded. Many here took the class several times, paying in full every time. That dude in Indiana is whom I am speaking of. Wonder if he will sound off. :)

So, now I am back, and I have realized that with this large passage of time, many don't know who I even am.

And thus this long explanation.

I believe that responsible, law abiding gun owners, of the ilk that will spend $3k on an SP5, brace, re-marking, sear, or tax stamp for a real shoulder stock are not entry level firearms owners.

The people who are attracted to my schools are people who own perhaps dozens of guns.

People who enter the world of NFA registration, have been, in my experience, really good risks when it comes to more advanced classes like these.

So, for the class that I have outlined in this new, dedicated forum, I am constructing a more comprehensive immersion. With classroom training, history, photos of the factory, MP5 manufacturing, the history, the names of the nameless designers, the intricacies of the design, proper maintenance and care, and a proper method for getting the best combination of accuracy and speed in deployment, it's something that you HK owners deserve to participate in!

I am not training you for self-defense. I will tell you now, as I will on day one of the training, that this platform is not one you should choose for self-defense, should you ever have the super unlikely need to use it in anger. If that surprises you, that's my 30+ years in LE talking. Unforced errors are to be avoided.

A stock garden variety handgun with factory ammunition is a much wiser choice.

These kinds of details are important for you to know as you decide if this is for you.

In the coming weeks, I am going to answer questions, and give you more information than you think you may need. I am a big over-explainer.

The world is a different place than 10 years ago.

I am an individual with a singular love of the engineering and the company that has led to these amazing firearms. And I seek to share that love with you. That's what is really at heart, here.

James Williamson, my friend not yet met, is cut from the same cloth. HKPRO 2.0, is fitting for him. He has it as bad as I do.

So, I have droned on enough.

I am getting a great amount of pleasure from digging through the archives, and putting together something really special for you.

Now. Rule ONE: There is no such thing as a stupid question.

You can't afford an SP5? And you can afford something less, and a brace and a sling and a case of ammo? If the gun works, think about this class.

I don't like what it's called. The MP5/SP5 Experience implies that others aren't welcome. SO NOT TRUE! That's partially why I am writing this now. To explain these things.

Some of you will have full auto. Some of you won't. If you don't have full auto, you WILL get full auto trigger time during this class. We will make sure you do.

And before it's over, you will at least get close to getting a 30 round burst into a three inch circle at three yards. Impossible? Guess again.

How bad do you want to try?

Sling some questions my way, and thanks for reading!

--tom
    HKPRO 1.0 :)
    Last edited by HKPRO; 05-16-2020 at 04:25 PM.
    Check out HKPRO on Facebook and HKPRO on Instagram: hkpro_official

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I've seen your posts over the years. I've always been curious about who actually owns or maintains this site? I thought it was straightgrain. Can you shed some light on this please?
    Last edited by HKPRO; 05-04-2020 at 04:00 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skullbox View Post
    I've seen your posts over the years. I've always been curious about who actually owns or maintains this site? I thought it was straightgrain. Can you shed some light on this please?
    Super fair question.

This ought to get you started:

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/...-who-am-i.html

Straightgrain is an amazing man with his own amazing story who is the glue that has held this site together so well for so long. Can't wait to sip a great Scotch with him soon.
    CGuns1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great right up! I’m relatively new to the HK world and have enjoyed reading and learning anything I can.

Thanks, from a fellow powered paraglider in the Midwest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HKPRO likes this.

911TT

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

HKPRO good to see you back where you belong!
    HKPRO and CGuns1 like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am new here, but I have LEO experience and did go through Patrol Rifle School when I worked for the state. That was with an Ar15 and is a different animal altogether. I have limited experience with the MP5, but really want a crash course from a definitive authority on the subject. The MP5 was a gun that I was first introduced to while working for our local Sheriff's office and up until now couldn't afford to own one privately. If I can attend, it will be with a parts gun, semi auto with a pistol brace until I can apply for the tax stamp. Definitely interested in a class and I am in Louisiana so a drive shouldn't be bad.
    CGuns1 likes this.

HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I’ve met most of these great people over the past several years multiple times...

Never a dull moment with the one on one class instruction material here...

Tom, Jeff and Moderators have run a solid program here at HKPRO along with shooting events...

I’m happy to see a long past course come back into fruition...

Between Shot-Shows / HKPROFEST / MP5 courses / HK Sterling VA Meet up it’s been a pleasure meeting all of you FTF with the group events...

No one should be on the fence here or hesitate in participating in the events held here with the HKPRO’s

AAA + These are the events that you’ll remember for a lifetime...
    HKPRO, CGuns1 and Pilot172000 like this.
    When you're at war with the enemy...
    When lives are at stake...
    When only the best will do...
    You must leave nothing to chance...
    Heckler & Koch Gmbh...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot172000 View Post
    I am new here, but I have LEO experience and did go through Patrol Rifle School when I worked for the state. That was with an Ar15 and is a different animal altogether. I have limited experience with the MP5, but really want a crash course from a definitive authority on the subject. The MP5 was a gun that I was first introduced to while working for our local Sheriff's office and up until now couldn't afford to own one privately. If I can attend, it will be with a parts gun, semi auto with a pistol brace until I can apply for the tax stamp. Definitely interested in a class and I am in Louisiana so a drive shouldn't be bad.
    Should I reserve you a spot? There are only nine slots left. I anticipate going to a wait list based on interest so far. Your kit will be fine, and we will make sure you get some automatic trigger time!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RyanH&K21EOwner View Post
    I’ve met most of these great people over the past several years multiple times...

Never a dull moment with the one on one class instruction material here...

Tom, Jeff and Moderators have run a solid program here at HKPRO along with shooting events...

I’m happy to see a long past course come back into fruition...

Between Shot-Shows / HKPROFEST / MP5 courses / HK Sterling VA Meet up it’s been a pleasure meeting all of you FTF with the group events...

No one should be on the fence here or hesitate in participating in the events held here with the HKPRO’s

AAA + These are the events that you’ll remember for a lifetime...
    Very kind of you Ryan! Hope to see you again soon. By the way, we are cogitating on HKPROFEST too. :)
    CGuns1 likes this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKPRO View Post
    Should I reserve you a spot? There are only nine slots left. I anticipate going to a wait list based on interest so far. Your kit will be fine, and we will make sure you get some automatic trigger time!
    Unfortunately I can’t make the commitment at this time. I am gonna have to wait. Thanks
    HKPRO likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links