Participant Equipment List
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Participant Equipment List

  1. #1
    Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    HKPRO's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2000
    Posts : 1,448
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Default Participant Equipment List

    MP5/SP5/MP5SD/MP5K/SP5K/Clones with buttstock/brace.
    Sling--not the elastic SP5/K slings that come with those guns!
    Sidearm of your choice -- those with non-HK pistols will be glared at with condescending disapproval. :))))))
    Sidearm holster
    Spare magazines for pistol. (1 or 2)
    At least two MP5 magazines
    Double mag clamp (optional but recommended)
    Spare MP magazine carrier
    1300 rounds of ammunition (More than we will likely shoot, but we don't want to run out. (One of the participants has some that he can bring for those who may be having trouble locating ammo now.)
    Dress comfortably
    Long sleeves recommended due to proximity to showers of full auto brass
    baseball cap
    eye protection MANDATORY
    ELECTRONIC ear protection (Not mandatory that it's electronic) but very helpful for hearing instruction and range commands without having to take them on and off and for preserving Tom's voice.
    ***Ammo can! Highly recommend that ammo be loose in some kind of container. I use a belted M60 ammo can. (Narrow) It holds about 1100 rounds loose. Much faster for reloading magazines than pulling rounds out of 50 round boxes
    MP5 magazine loader helps speed things up too.

    That's mainly it for now.
    Last edited by HKPRO; 05-15-2020 at 05:29 PM.
    Check out HKPRO on Facebook and HKPRO on Instagram: hkpro_official

  2. #2
    Senior Member

    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Location : St. Joseph, MO
    Posts : 143
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

    Default

    Noob questions. I’m going to have to do some shopping so:

    • Do you have a recommendation on a sling? I have never used one and the variety seems to be up there with holsters.
    • Do you have a recommendation on an MP magazine carrier? Doing some searching shows lots of variety as well. Presuming we bring the dual mag clamp, I am not seeing anything that looks compatible.
    • Any particular requirements or recommendations for the sidearm holster, like retention level, drop leg, or anything really?
    • Should we have pistol mag carriers as well?
    • Should we come configured with fixed sights only, or is a red dot OK?

  3. #3
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Jul 2012
    Location : South Florida, Neuchâtel, Riyadh
    Posts : 494
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    MP carrier?
    As in MP5 magazine carrier? ? ? More info needed please.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    veritas's Avatar
    Join Date : Nov 2006
    Location : Central New Hampshire
    Posts : 2,577
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

    Default

    Is there an option to ship our ammo to the range? I cannot fly with 1,300 rounds of 9mm.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CGuns1 and Mr.Maim like this.
    "The problem with socialism is eventually you run out of other people's money" ~ Margaret Thatcher
    NRA Endowment - Life
    GOA Life Member

  6. #5
    Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    HKPRO's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2000
    Posts : 1,448
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGuns1 View Post
    MP carrier?
    As in MP5 magazine carrier? ? ? More info needed please.
    Yes, a holder for spare magazine(s). If you use a double mag clamp, then you really don't need this item.
    CGuns1 likes this.
    Check out HKPRO on Facebook and HKPRO on Instagram: hkpro_official

  7. #6
    Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    HKPRO's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2000
    Posts : 1,448
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    Is there an option to ship our ammo to the range? I cannot fly with 1,300 rounds of 9mm.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Will check on specifics, but yes, that should be doable.
    veritas likes this.
    Check out HKPRO on Facebook and HKPRO on Instagram: hkpro_official

  8. #7
    Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    HKPRO's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2000
    Posts : 1,448
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by madtrader View Post
    Noob questions. I’m going to have to do some shopping so:

    • Do you have a recommendation on a sling? I have never used one and the variety seems to be up there with holsters.
    • Do you have a recommendation on an MP magazine carrier? Doing some searching shows lots of variety as well. Presuming we bring the dual mag clamp, I am not seeing anything that looks compatible.
    • Any particular requirements or recommendations for the sidearm holster, like retention level, drop leg, or anything really?
    • Should we have pistol mag carriers as well?
    • Should we come configured with fixed sights only, or is a red dot OK?
    1. The standard HK green sling is the best. Ambi green sling is my preference, (must for me, since I am left handed.) A quick search shows that most places are out of them. I am placing feelers out.

    https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/H...N-107p6755.htm

    This looks viable, though pricey. It says pins come with it but it doesn't show them. If that is true, it could be usable for lefties. If I could pick one sling, it would be this one, because it's about a half inch wider than the standard sling. If you could get the ambi pins, I would use it even if right handed.

    https://hkparts.net/product/b-t-mp5-...mbo-p17291.htm

    2. You don't need one if you are using a double mag clamp.

    3. No requirements other than it be safe and allows for easy reholsters. Retention is not necessary. Drop is fine, but not necessary.

    4. A pistol mag carrier is good. Three pistol mags total is plenty. If you have a belt clip that holds two mags, you're fine.

    5. Red dot is fine. We are going to check everyone's zero, first thing. If you're already sighted in with a red dot, you're ahead of the game.
    Last edited by HKPRO; 05-16-2020 at 06:12 PM.
    topleft likes this.
    Check out HKPRO on Facebook and HKPRO on Instagram: hkpro_official

  9. #8
    Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    HKPRO's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2000
    Posts : 1,448
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    @Psifer here is the equipment list.
    Check out HKPRO on Facebook and HKPRO on Instagram: hkpro_official

  10. #9
    Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    HKPRO's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2000
    Posts : 1,448
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    @nitromaxx here is the equipment list.
    Check out HKPRO on Facebook and HKPRO on Instagram: hkpro_official

  11. #10
    HK= NFG 4 the Wallet
    Chargerdude70's Avatar
    Join Date : Oct 2019
    Location : Michigan
    Age : 55
    Posts : 577
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKPRO View Post
    MP5/SP5/MP5SD/MP5K/SP5K/Clones with buttstock/brace.
    Sling--not the elastic SP5/K slings that come with those guns!
    Sidearm of your choice -- those with non-HK pistols will be glared at with condescending disapproval. :))))))
    Sidearm holster
    Spare magazines for pistol. (1 or 2)
    At least two MP5 magazines
    Double mag clamp (optional but recommended)
    Spare MP magazine carrier
    1300 rounds of ammunition (More than we will likely shoot, but we don't want to run out. (One of the participants has some that he can bring for those who may be having trouble locating ammo now.)
    Dress comfortably
    Long sleeves recommended due to proximity to showers of full auto brass
    baseball cap
    eye protection MANDATORY
    ELECTRONIC ear protection (Not mandatory that it's electronic) but very helpful for hearing instruction and range commands without having to take them on and off and for preserving Tom's voice.
    ***Ammo can! Highly recommend that ammo be loose in some kind of container. I use a belted M60 ammo can. (Narrow) It holds about 1100 rounds loose. Much faster for reloading magazines than pulling rounds out of 50 round boxes
    MP5 magazine loader helps speed things up too.

    That's mainly it for now.

    You do realize this line is going to cost me another 700-800 dollars....right?
    HKPRO likes this.
    Hidden Content 93A3│Hidden Content SP5│Hidden Content SP5K│Hidden Content MP5 N│Hidden Content MP5-22│Hidden Content VP9│SAR8│PTR 9CT

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •