USPSA and the HK VP9

Thread: USPSA and the HK VP9

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USPSA and the HK VP9

Hi Shooters and HK addicts ! It's great to be on your forum 👍. I have been shooting for HK for a year now and loving every minute . My teammates and I have been working hard and our results have been great. Here is some video highlights from the first half of my season , I compete in the Production Division in USPSA . Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions. Thanks! Jason Linn https://youtu.be/4cDfLNYJDDI

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    165 Post(s)

Again--- welcome to the site!!!

Tony

sdx

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

looks like fun

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sdx View Post
    looks like fun
    its pretty amazing, I have tried most pistol disciplines and this is by far my favorite. Running around and shooting as fast as you safely can

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Welcome to the site, Mr. Lynn!

If I may ask with your permission, I would be quite curious to know what your preferred VP9 competition setup is in terms of (1) sights, (2) grips and grip-modifications, (3) trigger modifications, and (4) anything other performance enhancements (extended magazine baseplates, etc).

I fully understand if you choose not to divulge this information, but I'm sure many on this board would be quite curious.

By way of example, and with the stipulation that I do not compete professionally, my preferred modifications to my HK USP9/USP40/USP45 include:
    -Reduced Reset action job from Mr. Rick Holm at Lazy Wolf Guns, including nickel-Teflon internals (you really, really should try this).
    -Dawson Precision Competition Sights .145 rear notch with matching Trijicon front.
    -Enhanced Precision Products grip re-stippling in "carry" texture (low abrasion, good for "office" hands) with Brooks Tactical Agrip placed on top.
    -Robar NP3 Plus Nickel Teflon on extractor claw and barrel.
    -Robar Matte Roguard refinish on slide.
    -Surefire MR-09 mount with Surefire X300 Ultra tactical light.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lossiter View Post
    Welcome to the site, Mr. Lynn!

If I may ask with your permission, I would be quite curious to know what your preferred VP9 competition setup is in terms of (1) sights, (2) grips and grip-modifications, (3) trigger modifications, and (4) anything other performance enhancements (extended magazine baseplates, etc).

I fully understand if you choose not to divulge this information, but I'm sure many on this board would be quite curious.

By way of example, and with the stipulation that I do not compete professionally, my preferred modifications to my HK USP9/USP40/USP45 include:
    -Reduced Reset action job from Mr. Rick Holm at Lazy Wolf Guns, including nickel-Teflon internals (you really, really should try this).
    -Dawson Precision Competition Sights .145 rear notch with matching Trijicon front.
    -Enhanced Precision Products grip re-stippling in "carry" texture (low abrasion, good for "office" hands) with Brooks Tactical Agrip placed on top.
    -Robar NP3 Plus Nickel Teflon on extractor claw and barrel.
    -Robar Matte Roguard refinish on slide.
    -Surefire MR-09 mount with Surefire X300 Ultra tactical light.
    Hi Lossiter , I run a lighter striker spring , Dawson Precision Competition sights , and a DPM three stage recoil assembly with a cut down spring . Otherwise my guns are stock . Stock 10 round mags because I live in an unfriendly state

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default USPSA and the HK VP9

Hi Jason I am brand new to USPSA actually shooting my first match today. It was a great time!! I can definitely relate to the unfriendly state pain as I am in Cali.
    I'm running a VP9 and was wondering if you could elaborate a little more on the striker spring and recoil assembly with cut down spring. Thanks for any info you can provide to a newbie loving his HK
    Last edited by stuey93; 06-12-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Sponsored Links