SP5 at the 2020 USPSA PCC Nationals
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SP5 at the 2020 USPSA PCC Nationals

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Default SP5 at the 2020 USPSA PCC Nationals

It was a fun match, and I had a great time. Absolutely love the RMR set-up. There were three of us there shooting SP5s from the HK team (all three set up differently). I'm sure Derek and JD will be along shortly to add their videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YcOKkoXBDI

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

Thanks for the video--- nice work!!!

Tony

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you think the SP5K in SBR would do any good for USPSA??

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d5k_deutsche View Post
    you think the SP5K in SBR would do any good for USPSA??
    I think it would be just fine--not any worse than the SP5. In reality, for USPSA PCC, you are competing against AR-based PCCs that have a trigger that is orders of magnitude better than the MP5/SP5/SP5K, and have a recoil system that makes them shoot ridiculously soft. But at the end of the day, I'm there to have fun, and shooting an SP5 in PCC makes me giggle, so that's all that matters. If your plan is to go crush the 2021 PCC Nationals, then the SP5K is not the best choice. If you want to get out there and learn how to run your SP5K better, and have a blast--then the SP5K is a perfect choice.

ETA: You get mad cool points for showing up at a match with an SBR'd MP5/SP5/SP5K. All the other ARs are just another AR.
    Last edited by razzman1; 06-29-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Sheepdog in West Texas

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

it looks like you had great weather

And dang man you assaulted that course with LOTS OF ENERGY!

Hope you enjoyed it as much as it seem you did.

love your socks
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

"Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That swinging target looks fun [3:39] and shooting into the house, looks like it takes an extra few seconds to adjust your eyes. What belt and mag holder are you using?

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razzman1 View Post
    I think it would be just fine--not any worse than the SP5. In reality, for USPSA PCC, you are competing against AR-based PCCs that have a trigger that is orders of magnitude better than the MP5/SP5/SP5K, and have a recoil system that makes them shoot ridiculously soft. But at the end of the day, I'm there to have fun, and shooting an SP5 in PCC makes me giggle, so that's all that matters. If your plan is to go crush the 2021 PCC Nationals, then the SP5K is not the best choice. If you want to get out there and learn how to run your SP5K better, and have a blast--then the SP5K is a perfect choice.

ETA: You get mad cool points for showing up at a match with an SBR'd MP5/SP5/SP5K. All the other ARs are just another AR.
    yeah i know the stock trigger is rough, but if i got into it then i'd get one of those match triggers. I know everyone runs an AR, one thing about an HK though is I know its not gonna have any hang ups at all.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Excellent Video! Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    That swinging target looks fun [3:39] and shooting into the house, looks like it takes an extra few seconds to adjust your eyes. What belt and mag holder are you using?
    Yeah, it was super bright outside, and very dark in the shoot-house, so it was a strain to see the targets inside.

The belt is a Safariland ELS/QLS belt. It is pretty much covered with the QLS female halves, which lets me swap out holsters, mag pouches, shotgun shell caddies, rifle pouches, etc, which means I can use one belt for pretty much every different kind of competition I do. The mag pouches are Safariland pouches specifically for MP5 mags.

We had great weather on the match days (other than really hot), but when we got there the day prior to the match to walk stages, there was about 3 inches of standing water on most of the bays due to some torrential rain that had just passed through.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by d5k_deutsche View Post
    yeah i know the stock trigger is rough, but if i got into it then i'd get one of those match triggers. I know everyone runs an AR, one thing about an HK though is I know its not gonna have any hang ups at all.
    Don't sweat the trigger too much. It's one of those things that--when you are dry-firing it--it feels like it would make a big difference, but when it's go-time, it just doesn't seem to matter much to me. For how much they cost ('match' triggers), I think the couple hundred dollars is better spent on practice ammo or match fees. Plus, I hate introducing something into a completely reliable gun that may make it not completely reliable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links