SP5 at the 2020 USPSA PCC Nationals
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: SP5 at the 2020 USPSA PCC Nationals

  1. #1
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Nov 2009
    Posts : 425
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default SP5 at the 2020 USPSA PCC Nationals

    It was a fun match, and I had a great time. Absolutely love the RMR set-up. There were three of us there shooting SP5s from the HK team (all three set up differently). I'm sure Derek and JD will be along shortly to add their videos.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YcOKkoXBDI

  2. #2
    AGG
    AGG is offline
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    AGG's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2007
    Location : Alabama
    Posts : 33,165
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)

    Default

    Thanks for the video--- nice work!!!

    Tony

  3. #3
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    d5k_deutsche's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    you think the SP5K in SBR would do any good for USPSA??

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Nov 2009
    Posts : 425
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d5k_deutsche View Post
    you think the SP5K in SBR would do any good for USPSA??
    I think it would be just fine--not any worse than the SP5. In reality, for USPSA PCC, you are competing against AR-based PCCs that have a trigger that is orders of magnitude better than the MP5/SP5/SP5K, and have a recoil system that makes them shoot ridiculously soft. But at the end of the day, I'm there to have fun, and shooting an SP5 in PCC makes me giggle, so that's all that matters. If your plan is to go crush the 2021 PCC Nationals, then the SP5K is not the best choice. If you want to get out there and learn how to run your SP5K better, and have a blast--then the SP5K is a perfect choice.

    ETA: You get mad cool points for showing up at a match with an SBR'd MP5/SP5/SP5K. All the other ARs are just another AR.
    Last edited by razzman1; 06-29-2020 at 12:37 PM.

  6. #5
    Sheepdog in West Texas

    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Location : San Angelo, Tx
    Posts : 1,576
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

    Default

    it looks like you had great weather

    And dang man you assaulted that course with LOTS OF ENERGY!

    Hope you enjoyed it as much as it seem you did.

    love your socks
    Protect and defend against all enemies, both foreign and domestic

    A rattlesnake in the living room ends all discussion of animal rights.

    "Vengeance is mine" sayeth the Lord, but sometimes he subcontracts.

  7. #6
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Superstar's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Location : The great state of Texas
    Posts : 896
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    That swinging target looks fun [3:39] and shooting into the house, looks like it takes an extra few seconds to adjust your eyes. What belt and mag holder are you using?

  8. #7
    HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    d5k_deutsche's Avatar
    Join Date : May 2016
    Posts : 239
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by razzman1 View Post
    I think it would be just fine--not any worse than the SP5. In reality, for USPSA PCC, you are competing against AR-based PCCs that have a trigger that is orders of magnitude better than the MP5/SP5/SP5K, and have a recoil system that makes them shoot ridiculously soft. But at the end of the day, I'm there to have fun, and shooting an SP5 in PCC makes me giggle, so that's all that matters. If your plan is to go crush the 2021 PCC Nationals, then the SP5K is not the best choice. If you want to get out there and learn how to run your SP5K better, and have a blast--then the SP5K is a perfect choice.

    ETA: You get mad cool points for showing up at a match with an SBR'd MP5/SP5/SP5K. All the other ARs are just another AR.
    yeah i know the stock trigger is rough, but if i got into it then i'd get one of those match triggers. I know everyone runs an AR, one thing about an HK though is I know its not gonna have any hang ups at all.

  9. #8
    Senior Member
    majorbanjo's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2020
    Location : Georgia, USA
    Posts : 131
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Excellent Video! Thanks for sharing!

  10. #9
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Nov 2009
    Posts : 425
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    That swinging target looks fun [3:39] and shooting into the house, looks like it takes an extra few seconds to adjust your eyes. What belt and mag holder are you using?
    Yeah, it was super bright outside, and very dark in the shoot-house, so it was a strain to see the targets inside.

    The belt is a Safariland ELS/QLS belt. It is pretty much covered with the QLS female halves, which lets me swap out holsters, mag pouches, shotgun shell caddies, rifle pouches, etc, which means I can use one belt for pretty much every different kind of competition I do. The mag pouches are Safariland pouches specifically for MP5 mags.

    We had great weather on the match days (other than really hot), but when we got there the day prior to the match to walk stages, there was about 3 inches of standing water on most of the bays due to some torrential rain that had just passed through.

  11. #10
    Really liking this HK Stuff Member

    Join Date : Nov 2009
    Posts : 425
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d5k_deutsche View Post
    yeah i know the stock trigger is rough, but if i got into it then i'd get one of those match triggers. I know everyone runs an AR, one thing about an HK though is I know its not gonna have any hang ups at all.
    Don't sweat the trigger too much. It's one of those things that--when you are dry-firing it--it feels like it would make a big difference, but when it's go-time, it just doesn't seem to matter much to me. For how much they cost ('match' triggers), I think the couple hundred dollars is better spent on practice ammo or match fees. Plus, I hate introducing something into a completely reliable gun that may make it not completely reliable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •