HK243 (civi G36) video - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: HK243 (civi G36) video

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

The ammo is some russian 55gr. 5.56 HP, steel cased. The thing with the sound is that to avoid damage to the gopro camera i always put it in the plastic case. The sound is sort of twisted, it sucks but the camera is damn expensive! Imagine it being hit by brass on the lens .. Realized a normal camera without wide angle would be better, but yeah... For the time being that's all i got :)
    Helvetiorum Fidei ac Virtuti

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have some Barnaul, but I'm afraid it will damage the gun, or am I just stupid for not using it (shoot about 1000 rounds per year, using Privi now, but thats almost gone)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    I have my fingers crossed. ...and hoping they don't do something stupid to make parts incompatible with the real thing.
    Let's hope to hell they don't. That would be our luck. The Feds telling them yeah you can import them but they have to have a thumb hole stock and can't except magazines that hold more than ten rounds and can't have a muzzle device blah blah blah blah. Just like the SL8. But they tried to say that you couldn't put furniture and 20 round or 30 round magazines but all you ended up having to do was just replace the mag well with one that could take G36 magazines or even better one that would except M16 magazines. Or the cheapest one those Magpul 20 round single stacks. I would say the bright side is that there are too many pro gun people in the House and Senate anyway so it probably would be ok. Since it was different when the SL8's first came to the States since you had the AWB and more anti gun people in the legislature than you do now. So if it is anytime in the next year or two they probably won't put all those restrictions on it. Just the 922r one which goes without saying. But besides that no. At least that is the way I see it anyway. Maybe I'm wrong. Just have to wait and see.

"Yippy Kiya Mother ****er!" John Mcclane in Die Hard
    Last edited by 008; 04-13-2015 at 08:15 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 008 View Post
    Let's hope to hell they don't. That would be our luck. The Feds telling them yeah you can import them but they have to have a thumb hole stock and can't except magazines that hold more than ten rounds and can't have a muzzle device blah blah blah blah. Just like the SL8. But they tried to say that you couldn't put furniture and 20 round or 30 round magazines but all you ended up having to do was just replace the mag well with one that could take G36 magazines or even better one that would except M16 magazines. Or the cheapest one those Magpul 20 round single stacks. I would say the bright side is that there are too many pro gun people in the House and Senate anyway so it probably would be ok. Since it was different when the SL8's first came to the States since you had the AWB and more anti gun people in the legislature than you do now. So if it is anytime in the next year or two they probably won't put all those restrictions on it. Just the 922r one which goes without saying. But besides that no. At least that is the way I see it anyway. Maybe I'm wrong. Just have to wait and see.

They would probably import them as barreled receivers, like how some of the nice AKs from Arsenal get imported before they are fully assembled in the US using 5-6 US parts depending on the model and are then good to go.

An HK243/293 couldn't be imported as we see them in Europe, just like we can't get 100% Steyr AUGs, 100% communist built AKs, etc. anymore. Those rules are still in place, and have been for over two decades.

Best case IMO is to get something like the HK243 in Europe with some HK parts made in the US like furniture, floor plates, followers, etc. I hope the US HK 922r parts, whatever they are, match the German HK parts in quality, and I expect they will if they come from HK.

I dream of all length (C, K, and E) barrels being imported exactly like we see them on the G36 family, or made here in the US on German equipment so they are exactly like the real deal and can be purchased to make the HK293 look as it should.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sweersa View Post
    I dream of all length (C, K, and E) barrels being imported exactly like we see them on the G36 family, or made here in the US on German equipment so they are exactly like the real deal and can be purchased to make the HK293 look as it should.
    Amen. Let's hope they do that. Yeah it would be nice to have them available with the three different barrel lengths. Makes me more and more excited to think about that possibly being the case even if we have to purchase them separately and adding them ourselves or via smith or HK Armorer. Let's hope within the next few years they are available to us Americans. Can't wait until then.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleMe View Post
    I have some Barnaul, but I'm afraid it will damage the gun, or am I just stupid for not using it (shoot about 1000 rounds per year, using Privi now, but thats almost gone)
    Mine is Barnaul as well. I shot thousands of Barnauls through my SIG and it does not really affect the gun it seems. the G36 is working fine as well. remember: we are talking about military rifles. They should shoot Barnauls and say "thanks"!
    Helvetiorum Fidei ac Virtuti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

News on the 243 front?

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Are there really going to come into the US?
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links