MP5 Reload "Quick Tip" Video from Haley Strategic - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: MP5 Reload "Quick Tip" Video from Haley Strategic

  1. #11
    Junior Member

    Join Date : May 2017
    Posts : 13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Nice vid!

  2. #12
    HKPRO Professional
    LCSO264's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2005
    Location : Northwest
    Age : 44
    Posts : 3,707
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

    Default

    Great video James. Thanks for sharing.
    HK91
    HK94
    USC/UMP
    SL8/G36
    P7M8
    P9s .45acp
    VP70Z
    USP Tactical .45acp
    V51/HK51 clone
    HK45
    HK45c
    HK 416 10.5" upper
    GSG5PK
    P30Ls
    HK45T (OD Green)
    VP9
    CR556A1
    P30SKs
    SP5K

  3. #13
    HKPRO Professional
    GTS197's Avatar
    Join Date : Apr 2007
    Location : TX
    Posts : 297
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    I was confused as to why you would manually lock the bolt to the rear before conducting the reload, thinking that the way to go was to replace the mag, then power stroke the charging handle. Travis' "Maximizing efficiency, while minimizing wasted movement" philosophy has always made perfect sense to me, and believed that going about the reload in such a manner completely negated that. After reading this post, it all becomes clear. Take a bit more time to increase reliability. One more tool for the toolbox....

    Thanks, James!
    If you can't be safe...be deadly.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    Teufelshund Tactical
    Marine0303's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : Crozet, Virginia
    Posts : 6,909
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GTS197 View Post
    I was confused as to why you would manually lock the bolt to the rear before conducting the reload, thinking that the way to go was to replace the mag, then power stroke the charging handle. Travis' "Maximizing efficiency, while minimizing wasted movement" philosophy has always made perfect sense to me, and believed that going about the reload in such a manner completely negated that. After reading this post, it all becomes clear. Take a bit more time to increase reliability. One more tool for the toolbox....

    Thanks, James!
    Yep, lots of ways to get the job done. Some faster, but none that we have found to be more reliable and efficient, especially under stress and for proactive and immediate reloads and malfunction clearances for the 9mm MP5.
    SF,

    James

    Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

    Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

  6. #15
    Very Senior Member
    Blacktoy's Avatar
    Join Date : Jan 2017
    Location : Seattle
    Posts : 201
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    Great video thank you!

  7. #16
    Junior Member

    Join Date : Jun 2017
    Posts : 5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Love the video, love the gun, thanks for sharing

  8. #17
    HKPRO Professional

    Join Date : Jul 2003
    Posts : 1,116
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marine0303 View Post
    Yep, lots of ways to get the job done. Some faster, but none that we have found to be more reliable and efficient, especially under stress and for proactive and immediate reloads and malfunction clearances for the 9mm MP5.
    I was taught back, off, on, forward, always keeping the thumb up. B-O-O-F if you will. Your method is still pretty similar IMHO.

    I do remember some dummy round drills that were designed to reinforce some of this.

    One of the differences I do see is that if the gun is not empty, it's not a malfunction, and it's just a misfired round, B-O-O-F does give you the chance to simply ditch that dead round, peek at the action, see no evil, send the bolt forward and go back to work.

    We might think of this also in equal parts of "malfunction prevention" as much as possible clearance.

    It's far easier for the shooter to create a malfunction with an MP5 than it is for the gun to do it.

    And frequently as I've seen that's the case. Especially the double feed. I've never seen an MP5 double feed without someone touching the cocking handle when they shouldn't.

    Your approach accomplishes everything it needs to but differs only in that it's more of a 'start from scratch' technique.

    Great video and hope to see more.

  9. #18
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Superstar's Avatar
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Location : The great state of Texas
    Posts : 870
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    Default

    Thank you for sharing. This video surely helps noobs on the mp5 platform. I see that you do the HK slap while others (some opinions' on the net) say that doing the slap may damage it. I can safely infer that it is okay to do so, is this correct? Also, is it safe (reliable) to fill up the mag to 30 rounds on the HK branded mags?

  10. #19
    The Librarian
    Oicani's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2013
    Location : PA
    Posts : 5,283
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

    Default

    If you don't slap the charging handle, chances are you will fail to properly charge the weapon. That's like a 90% certainty. The chances of breaking the charging handle due to slapping it are .01%. MP5s are closed-bolt and if you're loading/reloading while the bolt is closed, leaving 29 rounds in the mag is suggested, but that's perhaps geared more for actually operators and not the internet operator who fear breaking the charging handle from slapping it.

    I always have my mags loaded to 30 because I always reloaded with the bolt open and I slap the crap out of all my HKs because that how I operate.
    "...but just like every other clone, they are copies of the original and copies are never as good as the original."

  11. #20
    Teufelshund Tactical
    Marine0303's Avatar
    Join Date : Feb 2010
    Location : Crozet, Virginia
    Posts : 6,909
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
    Thank you for sharing. This video surely helps noobs on the mp5 platform. I see that you do the HK slap while others (some opinions' on the net) say that doing the slap may damage it. I can safely infer that it is okay to do so, is this correct? Also, is it safe (reliable) to fill up the mag to 30 rounds on the HK branded mags?
    Slap it like somebody who just cursed at your mom.
    SF,

    James

    Heckler and Koch Certified Armorer (Heckler and Koch)
    Heckler and Koch Pistol, Submachine Gun and Rifle Instructor (Singleton International)

    Owner, Teufelshund Tactical

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

 
 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •