Over-the-beach test video: HK416 vs. Colt M4 - Page 8
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Over-the-beach test video: HK416 vs. Colt M4

HKPro Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My opinion of the HK's superiority is most certainly not based on an internet video if that's what you're getting at. There's a big difference between the video being a legitimate test and it actually proving something. I agreed the video was not a legitimate test, but I never stated it doesn't prove anything. Is it a legitimate test conducted by a third party? No, but it doesn't need to be. You can clearly see the 416 is better suited for OTB use than the DI AR. Does this video prove anything? I think it does, as do many others. I think it's about time to agree to disagree as this thread is going nowhere now.

Tspeis
    Last edited by Tspeis; 05-21-2008 at 04:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tspeis View Post
    My opinion of the HK's superiority did not come from watching an internet video. I think it's about time to agree to disagree as this thread is going nowhere now.

Tspeis

Then why were you trying to debate that issue when all I said was that this video isn't a test and it certainly isn't "proof?"

Find me where I (or anyone in this thread) said anything that suggested that the 416 wasn't an excellent weapon. I think its time to read your own thread and stop trying to debate what hasn't been questioned. I questioned the video, not the weapon.

If you want to read some read some issues that real-world people are having with real-world 416s, click here: http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...rt=1&vc=1&nt=3.
    I'll be interested in finding out why these won't even feed ammunition.
    Last edited by Federale; 05-21-2008 at 04:07 AM.

HKPro Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Federale View Post
    Then why were you trying to debate that issue when all I said was that this video isn't a test and it certainly isn't "proof?"

Find me where I (or anyone in this thread) said anything that suggested that the 416 wasn't an excellent weapon. I think its time to read your own thread and stop trying to debate what hasn't been questioned. I questioned the video, not the weapon.
    Your take on the issue is that the video proves nothing. I think it does prove something. That's what was being debated here.

If you want to read some read some issues that real-world people are having with real-world 416s, click here: http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...rt=1&vc=1&nt=3.
    I'll be interested in finding out why these won't even feed ammunition.
    Interesting link. Any gun can have problems, even the HK. I too will be interested to hear what the issue was.

Tspeis
    Last edited by Tspeis; 05-21-2008 at 04:14 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your take on the issue is that the video proves nothing. I think it does prove something. That's what was being debated here.

Tspeis
    What I see is a video that even HK didn't think was worthy of release.

Interesting link. Any gun can have problems, even the HK. I too will be interested to hear what the issue was.

Tspeis

And yes, any rifle can have problems. Read the thread - they've got 10 that won't feed - out of 25 that they purchased.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Federale View Post
    What I see is a video that even HK didn't think was worthy of release.
    You should edit your post to read as follows. What I see is a video that I believe HK didn't think was worthy of release. Unless of course you have some valid documentation that states HK expressing these very words that you decided to quote as theirs. ;)

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretty cool video, but yes, not very scientific. It didn't really change my mind on anything. A 416 was higher up on my list than a regular AR to begin with, even if only for easy cleaning purposes.

I'm waiting to see why those 10 out of 25 failed. The guy hasn't replied back in 5 days since he says the HK armorer showed up.

HKPro Professional

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaverickH1 View Post
    I'm waiting to see why those 10 out of 25 failed. The guy hasn't replied back in 5 days since he says the HK armorer showed up.
    In regards to the link posted, it appears as though the feed ramps may be falling a bit short of where they need to be. The gentleman who posted the thread said the HK rep is there and should have a diagnosis for the problems by tommorow. We'll see what he says. As mentioned before, any gun can have problems, the HK is no exception. However, when they work, the WORK. :D

Tspeis

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question This bothers me greatly! Why don't the HK416's have the M4 ramps??

I think Federale has some very good points! This bothers me greatly since these uppers cost a fortune!

What I don't understand is why the HK416 doesn't include the M4 cuts because they greatly increase reliable feeding. I never had my civilian M4 jam because of those ramps.

If the M4 cuts are not used that might make me think twice about getting a 416 upper. Federale can the M4 cutts be added by custom gunsmithing later?

Mod. Emeritus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Guys let's not have this become a fight between "I say this system is better", "No I say this system is better".

The video shows a test conducted by HK. As stated by HKPRO, and G3Kurz this video was never intedned to be made public and only showed by HK to interested parties. It is what it is.

Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cueist View Post
    Guys let's not have this become a fight between "I say this system is better", "No I say this system is better".

The video shows a test conducted by HK. As stated by HKPRO, and G3Kurz this video was never intedned to be made public and only showed by HK to interested parties. It is what it is.
    And it's for reasons other than what Federale is implying, but I can't say what those reasons are.

Good grief guys, let's take a breath.
    The first principle is that you do not fool yourself. And you are the easiest one to fool. --Richard Feynman

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links