Club 762 (MR762/MR308 photo gallery) - Page 86
Page 86 of 160 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Club 762 (MR762/MR308 photo gallery)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Thanks Hamster, I have the MK6 1-6 on my SCAR17 and using it sold me on the longer focal length optic for the more accurate HK 762 rifle. I had a shitty Nikon on it as a place-holder while I decided what I wanted long term. I looked at all the usual German suspects but their weight and feature sets didn't do anything for me.

The twilight performance (at home) appears to be excellent as you mention. What sold me on the MK6 line of scopes is weight and durablity. I have a ton of Leupold scopes and the optical performance on all of them is very good.

I have the 1-6 mounted with a Larue and found that it mars the rails, which I don't like. The Bobro on the 3-18 is solid as a rock and doesn't mar the rails.

Below is a link to the commercial that sold me on the MK6. -Pretty awesome consider how light they are......

https://youtu.be/rOnUylOGqwI
    I have one on my Sig 751 (.308W) - I like it except that the eye relief at 6x is very unforgiving.
    But it does allow you to extend the ranges where a rifle can be effective.

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Thanks Hamster, I have the MK6 1-6 on my SCAR17 and using it sold me on the longer focal length optic for the more accurate HK 762 rifle. I had a shitty Nikon on it as a place-holder while I decided what I wanted long term. I looked at all the usual German suspects but their weight and feature sets didn't do anything for me.

The twilight performance (at home) appears to be excellent as you mention. What sold me on the MK6 line of scopes is weight and durablity. I have a ton of Leupold scopes and the optical performance on all of them is very good.

I have the 1-6 mounted with a Larue and found that it mars the rails, which I don't like. The Bobro on the 3-18 is solid as a rock and doesn't mar the rails.

Below is a link to the commercial that sold me on the MK6. -Pretty awesome consider how light they are......

https://youtu.be/rOnUylOGqwI
    Yep I prefer the low turrets of the mc52 so I can mount a t1 at 12 o'clock vs the pm2 short.

The light transmission is equal and I can't tell the difference in glass quality and like you said the weight can't be beat

DKL
    Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    Here are big and little brother together at last. I am still working on Big Brother, need an ERA TAC scope mount. Can't decide if I should go RAL 8000 Cerakote on the scope mount and maybe the upper. I have ordered a RAL8000 V7 Grip, Slim Line Stock, G28 sling and rear flip up site for it. But I kinda like the blackness and RAL8000 Partol V2 HG together. The retaining pins were a b1tch to set when I was trying to put the upper on. I had to drill out part of the upper receiver rear retaining pin hole and then gently hammer the pin home. I know that is not good for it but it was the only way to get the retaining pin to move forward. The upper is a Replacement MR762 Upper I bought from HKParts and the the retaining pin holes were just not drilled out well by HK. I just had them both NFA engraved yesterday at Engage Armament in Rockville, MD. They did a great job in a matter of minutes. The engraving is on the inside mag well lip. So now I am able to marry all the parts

I'll be taking both of these Marine0303's Rifle course in October. I'm going to file with BATFE this week for travel across state lines. Should give them plenty of time to process the paperwork approvals.
    @Drooler , I hope you like them?

Regularguy: I am very interested in both your projects! Its been a few weeks, can you give us an update on both? Performance? How do you like the C-stock on the 556? Any other mods you have done since? Pictures? Thanks and congrats on two very impressive HKs!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

@DKL see this link for first range report with the 762/417 13" barrel. I'm taking the 556/416 10.4" out next weekend. I'll post a range report on that one after. I'll definitely report on the HKParts PDW stock and I'm not sure if I'll use my Elcan scope or my Eotech system.

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/range-rep...ge-report.html

Cheers,
    David
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 04-03-2016 at 09:09 PM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lots of pretty pictures, but I want guts.

Could someone please break open an MR762 and take some pictures of the trigger group? Is it a standard AR trigger? I thought I saw pictures where the hammer was driven by two coil springs, but I'm not sure what rifle that was for.

Thanks,

Art

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Default Club 762 (MR762/MR308 photo gallery)

Quote Originally Posted by ShootingSight View Post

Could someone please break open an MR762 and take some pictures of the trigger group? Is it a standard AR trigger? I thought I saw pictures where the hammer was driven by two coil springs, but I'm not sure what rifle that was for.

Thanks,

Art
    Art, mine is just a Geiselle 762 trigger, smooth as silk.

I think the trigger group you reference is supposed to be in the new G28E that won the CSASS competition with the Army to replace the KAC.

David
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 04-04-2016 at 01:04 AM.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks,

Art
    The HK MR762 does NOT come with a standard AR trigger. The factory trigger allows you to engage the safety with the hammer in any position. A normal AR trigger requires that the hammer be cocked before the safety can be engaged. I.E., it's HK proprietary stuff again.

And I also changed mine out to the Geiselle trigger.
    HK 45 V7 Light LEM BC
    HK MR556 BB
    HK USPc .45 Stainless V7 Light LEM AK
    HK P2000SK V1 Light LEM AG
    HK USP 9mm V7 Match-Light LEM Hybrid BA
    HK P30 9mm V1 Light LEM BD
    PTR-91KF .308
    HK MR762 BD
    HK MR556 BF
    HK VP9 Midnight Bronze
    HK VP9SK

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks,

Art

If that is the trigger you are referring too, it is from the HK CSASS rifle. I know nothing about how it works compared to a normal AR trigger or the factory HK MR762 trigger. But it does appear to have two coil springs in it. If someone else could elaborate on it I too would appreciate it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks, that is the trigger group I had seen. The G28 or G28E that is rumored to be the M110 replacement is, as far as I can tell, a military only item that is not available, but according to the HK website is a militarized version of the MR308, which I was hoping was close enough to the MR762 that I could buy one of them to reverse engineer it. If the MR762 is just an AR setup, it does not do it for me. I was hoping there was an H&K rifle available to civilians that had this trigger in it.

Looks like that slot in the hammer is because there are two sears - semi and full auto probably. It also looks like there is an extra pin in the lower, directly above the safety selector, whose purpose is to act as an anchor for the springs.

As to an AR trigger mod, so you can engage the safety in the forward or back position, I'm pretty sure that is no more than grinding a flat spot on the underside of the hammer. Do you want it so you can cock it if the safety is on, or should the safety also block the cock?
    Last edited by ShootingSight; 04-04-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

[QUOTE=RegularGuy461969;1777378] @Drooler , I hope you like them?

Apologies for radio silence; it has been nuts at work + super busy prepping for the night hog hunt in Georgia with Thermal Imaging/NODs.

It was a blast. Will post a detailed write-up later on.

With regards to your two HKs, holy cow... They are indeed impressive.

I honestly can't tell which I like better. I am normally a fan of HK416es, but recently swung to the MR762s. However your HK416C set-up is so freaking sexy, I am speechless.

I hope you are in the midwest so we can meet up and go burn through ammo!

Page 86 of 160 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 136 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links