Club HKU (HK uppers on non-HK lowers photo gallery) - Page 41
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Club HKU (HK uppers on non-HK lowers photo gallery)

Needs Therapy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Augee View Post
    I don't usually run this configuration, this upper usually uses the Surefire FA556-212, which was designed for use with the 10" HK416.

To answer your question, I haven't personally had any issues with the NT4, and in low volume, casual use on semi, it will work up to a point.

However, the NT4/10" HK416 combination is just not a very well balanced system, particularly with the early closed gas block models that they were initially used on. The NT4 produces too much back pressure, making the action cycle way too violently, causing, as others have mentioned, the weapon to eventually "beat itself to death." In high volume use, this begins to degrade reliability significantly, and if you continue to persist, you start getting things like broken disconnectors, or even cracked receivers, Kyle Lamb, just as an example, developed his opinions of the weapon around this time, and he'll tell you stories of HK416s breaking in half if you ask him about it. Needless to say, he's not a fan. Of course, he's also a brand ambassador for Sig these days, but nevertheless, the early 416/M4QD (precursor to the NT4) combination was not a great one.

This is part of the reason you see so many older 416s being run without suppressors until the Surefires and AACs came around, the can was used when needed, but in general, it was not very popular to use, it wasn't always super reliable, and it would eventually kill the gun altogether. It's now much more common, if not the norm, for suppressors to be mounted almost full time.

The B. E. Meyers mount has many of its own problems as well on top of the normal 416/KAC issues, hence why it was never produced beyond prototype/developmental test units.

Later generation suppressors, as well as improvements to the 10" 416s (like vented gas blocks, different FCGs, etc.) have significantly improved the system performance over those early days.

As configured, the gun is in a very temporary configuration for demonstration purposes, but it will not stay that way for long, and it will not have many rounds fired that way, and I'll return it to a more "modern" configuration with the Surefire FA556-212 re-attached.

~Augee
    Makes sense. To be honest, I don't like beating up my 416, so I don't run it that much...as you say, mostly low volume semi auto strings with the suppressors.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

More photographs of my 10" upper with the NT4QDSS and B. E. Meyers Prototype Mount:

~Augee

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

More photographs of my 10" upper with the NT4QDSS and B. E. Meyers Prototype Mount:

~Augee
    That is so nice!!!

Tony

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

~Augee

nicely done!

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

@Augee , very nice indeed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Calling this my Foe-16

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    - Abraham Lincoln

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by axehole View Post
    Calling this my Foe-16

Fo sho--- very nice!!!

Tony

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Cut down MR556 upper on my LWRC M6 pistol lower for that MR223A3-ish ambi goodness. The LWRC piston upper, while good, is now sitting unused in the safe. The lower has a VLTOR A5 buffer system, so I stuck an A5-4 buffer in there with a Sprinco green spring for the HK upper and it runs like a top!

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dragnet View Post
    Cut down MR556 upper on my LWRC M6 pistol lower for that MR223A3-ish ambi goodness. The LWRC piston upper, while good, is now sitting unused in the safe. The lower has a VLTOR A5 buffer system, so I stuck an A5-4 buffer in there with a Sprinco green spring for the HK upper and it runs like a top!

Beautiful pistol! Did your adjustable gas block work fine right out of the box with your 10.4” upper or did it require opening up the port size in the selector slightly? I know most of these adjustable gas blocks coming out on the market are advertised for 14.5” and 16” barrel lengths.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UMP45 ENTRY View Post
    Beautiful pistol! Did your adjustable gas block work fine right out of the box with your 10.4” upper or did it require opening up the port size in the selector slightly? I know most of these adjustable gas blocks coming out on the market are advertised for 14.5” and 16” barrel lengths.
    I got it secondhand so I can't be 100%, but it was stated to have all the "correct" gas port sizes. I haven't bothered taking anything apart and verifying/measuring it but it works. I just cleaned it, lubed it, and stuck it on the lower. Ejection was near 2 o'clock at first so I put in the heavier A5-4 buffer and it's between 3:30-5:00 now depending on the ammo so I'm happy with it. My rifle can is still in jail so I haven't tested the suppressed setting. I might get the muzzle device for it soon and check it out since my dealer allows conjugal visits at their range when schedule permits.

Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links