Over-The-Beach "OTB" FAQ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Over-The-Beach "OTB" FAQ

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    SL8 conversions? Nevermind OTB...most (including the smiths themselves) don't even recommend them for duty use.
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-long-g...urability.html
    Chop said he has somewhere near 9,000 rounds through a UMp conversion on mostly full auto. I think there is a lot of modesty coming from Tbostic and Chop, and although it would probably never happen, I'd love to see a torture test of an SL8 to G36 conversion. I feel as though we'd be quite shocked to find out the true potential.
    ARMORY
    H&KG36KE • Hensoldt Dual Optic • OD Pelican 1720
    HS-2000 .40

CURRENT PROJECT(S):
    H&KG36C
    AG36 (37MM)
    H&KUMP .45
    H&KMG36E

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_K View Post
    Chop said he has somewhere near 9,000 rounds through a UMp conversion on mostly full auto. I think there is a lot of modesty coming from Tbostic and Chop, and although it would probably never happen, I'd love to see a torture test of an SL8 to G36 conversion. I feel as though we'd be quite shocked to find out the true potential.
    You didn't even bother to click on the link to the thread I provided, did you

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

I think there is a lot of modesty coming from Tbostic and Chop.
    Joe (Chopstix kid) has a lot of fine qualities, but modesty isn't one of them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    You didn't even bother to click on the link to the thread I provided, did you
    https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-ta...stub-weld.html

Excuse me, it was 7,000. Yes Sir, I viewed your link. I apologize for my lack of specificity. When I said "torture test," I was actually referring to a complete kind of torture test similar as to how H&K would run their weapons through, I.E. mud, water, impact, ice, extreme temperatures, prolonged firing, etc. not just an extreme round count. Of course anyone who 'hacks' apart a gun like that isn't going to reccommend it duty capable. I as well as anyone on here know that these conversions are mainly for fun, and exclusitivity, but after hearing about a 7,000 round count, one can't help but wonder what else it, (UMP or G36 conversion), can endure.
    Last edited by Doc_K; 07-08-2013 at 11:55 PM.

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-nfa-ta...stub-weld.html

Excuse me, it was 7,000. Yes Sir, I viewed your link. I apologize for my lack of specificity. When I said "torture test," I was actually referring to a complete kind of torture test similar as to how H&K would run their weapons through, I.E. mud, water, impact, ice, extreme temperatures, prolonged firing, etc. not just an extreme round count. Of course anyone who 'hacks' apart a gun like that isn't going to reccommend it duty capable. I as well as anyone on here know that these conversions are mainly for fun, and exclusitivity, but after hearing about a 7,000 round count, one can't help but wonder what else it, (UMP or G36 conversion), can endure.
    Torture testing/weapon longevity and OTB capability are 2 TOTALLY different aspects. Getting this sticky back on track, realize that OTB capability is a feature that in addition to being confirmed at the factory, is also considered to be an emergency use only/life-or-death/must-shoot-NOW type scenario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have one early 417 full auto that is without the extractor support, but the other OTB features are incorperated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links