Geissele MR 762 and MR556 Trigger Install Question
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Geissele MR 762 and MR556 Trigger Install Question

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Geissele MR 762 and MR556 Trigger Install Question

I finally broke down and ordered both triggers. Since there are not any installation videos on You Tube my question, Is there any difference in the installation of these triggers compared to the SA and the SSA-E triggers that i have installed in the past. I'd appreciate any advise.

TIA
    Last edited by samnev; 10-12-2015 at 09:17 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

My mr556 installed just like the rest. Very easy and straight forward .
    German beer, cars, guns. Italian motorcycles

45CT LEM
    P30 LEM
    MR556
    MK23 w Knights Armament
    AAC Tirant 45s / 16x1RH,16x1LH
    HK 416 Umarex 22 LR
    45C FDE LEM
    AAC 762-SDN-6
    45C LEM
    P7 M8
    VP 9
    USP45 Tactical
    USP45c LEM
    USP9 LEM
    BAP9 SBR
    P30 SK

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Followed Bill's video for SSA-E and all went well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I noticed the springs on the Geissele trigger are a lot stiffer and made it a little more difficult to get into the gun.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I had held out for some time to buy a Geissele MR762 trigger. I just couldn't see paying that much for an AR trigger. Especially 200 more than their other triggers. I know this is an install thread I am getting to my point, lol. German Gun Works has a match grade German drop in trigger made by UHL. I ordered one several weeks ago. I am hoping to have it when I return from Afghanistan at the first of next month. I will get her installed and give a review. It was $324.00 shipped from Germany.
    SR9-TC,91,MR762,416 10 inch,SL-6,SL-7,SL-8x2,MP-5N,USC and a USC to UMP 45,Tan and Black Mark 23, USP 45 Elite&Expert,USP Expert 9mmx2,USP 45T Black-Tan-Green frame's,USP 45CT,USP 45 Match HE&SS,USP 45f Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 45c 50th,USP 40T,USP 40f Custom Combat Green-Tan Frame,USP 40c Green-Grey-Tan Frame's,USP 9mm SS,USP 357c,USP 9T,P2000 & P2000sk 357,HK45,HK45T Tan-OD-Black,HK45T&45 all Tan,HK45c FDEx2,VP9x3,P9S,P7 PSP,P7 M8 w/TB,VP70Z,4.380x2,19mm Flare Gunx2,26mm Flare Gunx3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quick question about MR556 trigger compatibility. I currently procured an MR556 upper and will put it on an existing AR lower. That lower has an ALG Defense ACT mil-spec trigger so I know (hopefully) that the upper will work.

Just wanted to confirm or make sure. If I was to install a Geissele MR556 trigger on this lower for the upper, does that mean it won't work for any regular Direct Impingement upper? If that's the case, I'll keep on with the trigger I have on it now.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Installed the 2 triggers. The hammer was somewhat more difficult to install than the 10 other SSA-E's I had previously installed. The lower receiver interior dimension or the Geissle hammer caused the hammer assembly to be a VERY tight fit on both HK's particularly the MR 556. It was a really tight fit and had to push down on the hammer assembly much harder than the SSA-E's I had previously installed. Other than that the install went well. What a difference in the trigger pull now. Like night and day as was all the other Geissele's I installed.
    Last edited by samnev; 10-14-2015 at 06:25 PM.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samnev View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Installed the 2 triggers. The hammer was somewhat more difficult to install than the 10 other SSA-E's I had previously installed. The lower receiver interior dimension or the Geissle hammer caused the hammer assembly to be a VERY tight fit on both HK's particularly the MR 556. It was a really tight fit and had to push down on the hammer assembly much harder than the SSA-E's I had previously installed. Other than that the install went well. What a difference in the trigger pul now. Like night and day as was all the other Geissele's I installed.
    I had no real base line , my first trigger install was my MR556. The rest got easier. I have four Different Geisselle triggers, the super 3 gun is by far my favorite. Glad you like it.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Now I just have to find time and some decent weather to see if my groups improve, here's hoping.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Sorry to necropost, but when installing the Geissele trigger in the MR556, do you put that bridge plate that prevents the rear of the hammer from beating on the rear of the trigger back in, or is that a no-go with the Geissele? TIA.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links