HK Updated on MR223A3 and MR308A3 - Page 6
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Updated on MR223A3 and MR308A3

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default HK Updated on MR223A3 and MR308A3

Quote Originally Posted by baljar View Post
    SIG FN and others produce locally. You will not find AR's of foreign manufacture made after I believ 1989 in the US. HK has subcontracted production within the US, which is why US "MR556 and MR762" are outdated models and subpar quality.
    I wish this very forum would stop repeating the same old story that "German laws" are the reason, its US laws paired with US arms manufacturers lobbying that this will not get changed.
    As US federal laws on civlian aquisition of arms is not applicable to US Mil/LEO, HK can sell their full spec german made weapons there.
    As HK's main business really is gov market, there is little motivation to change this as of now.

If you want to know where GERMAN laws restrict shipping, check this map: German GunWorks

Edit: Corrected shipping link
    FN does import them from Belgium and goes through parts swaps etc for 922r compliance
    "The “real” FN SCAR-H is manufactured at a plant in South Carolina, but the civilian version comes from a plant in Belgium. Yes, the country in Europe – a place where the market is significantly smaller for the civilian variant of a military firearm. It doesn’t make a lot of sense to me for FNH to be importing these guns, especially considering that once you import the firearm into the country it comes under the control of that pesky 922(R) law that makes it a felony to slap a high capacity magazine in a freshly imported firearm.

FNH USA changes out a couple of minor parts to become 922(R) compliant and modifies the lower receivers to take the high capacity magazines once they enter the country (the remnants of the crippling process is the rib on the back of the magazine and the corresponding slot in the receiver) but it still doesn’t make sense to me that they would set up a shop overseas to make the SCAR 17S for the US market when they already have a plant tooled up right here in the States. I’m sure it adds some dollars to the final price of the gun, which is not an inconsiderable amount.

A side effect of the crippling and de-crippling process for the magazines is that only FNH’s proprietary magazines will fit in the gun. Not even the much loved AR-10 PMAGs will fit — only FNH’s 20-round aluminum monstrosities. Which will make getting additional magazines not only difficult, but expensive."
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...vilian-scar-h/

If HK can bring in the mr556 using third parties to part them together there isn't any reason why they can't do the same as every other international importer.

Simple swaps like furniture, sights, screws, flash hider etc have been used by every other international manufacturer for some time. Just look at the millions of AKs that go through it daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by hamster37; 03-07-2016 at 04:01 AM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Anyway would it really be a financial success? The 308 might sell with that price tag, as other good quality 308 are priced similarly (see 17s). However i'm not so sure about the 223. Most US guys can access low cost ar15 which are not too bad. A piston gun running 2+k in 223 will appeal to this forum, but it will not make it into every household.. Sucks that it's so expensive. 2.5k is not too bad but could be a bit cheaper if you ask me. But then again the sp5k was listed costing 2k so we're lucky the 223 is only marginally more.
    Helvetiorum Fidei ac Virtuti

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

@hamster37 see, no one argues that there are more (or less) effective ways to get a certain type of rifle to the US in various states of assembly and do certain this/that steps to "naturalize" the weapon and hence make it legal to be imported and hence sold in the US to the civilian market. Which is pretty much underlining what I posted, its a US domestic issue. HK could sell weapons to US civilian market with zero drag from EU/German restrictions, because the required export licenses are already approved at a "higher" tier, namely Category A weapons of war (HK416+417 come to mind), while the civilian versions are Category B.

Civilian sales are low margin and, compared to government sales, highly fluctuating. I can understand why HK doesnt waste time on the US civilian market looking at the contracts they currently get in LE/Mil.

Just for comparison, when the Bundeswehr bought their batch of HK417/MG4 as urgent operational requirement, they bought 600 of each weapons for about 18m EUR. Do the math, thats about 15.000 EUR per weapon, and that was not with night or thermal optics.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

15K per system probably includes some servicing for X years, guarantee of spare parts for X years etc. for Mil users it all makes sense as you're buying the capability to project force over a time frame. The piece of hardware per se is just an individual part in this micro-cosmos.

Us civilians only pay for the hardware and that's it. Don't get me wrong, 2.5K€ in Switzerland for the 11" sounds amazing when you see that a SIG 553 costs 4k and Swiss Arms 30rds magazines like 90 Swiss Francs. More accessible prices on the contrary would give HK firepower in the middle price AR market, which has more volume. And seeing their finances, I really wish they'd cash in on this superb piece of engineering as opposed to have it available only to those with $$$ in the pocket. More sold volume means also more dedicated after market attention, which in turns opens up new variants that appeal to yet more folks.

HK could easily be the 1st in class in small arms for civilians, but yeah ain't that a story we all know.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

@andy of course it does. And this is where the profit margin is rooted for companies like HK. It likely includes 5yrs or 8 yrs spares and maintenance.

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy88 View Post
    Us civilians only pay for the hardware and that's it. Don't get me wrong, 2.5K€ in Switzerland for the 11" sounds amazing when you see that a SIG 553 costs 4k and Swiss Arms 30rds magazines like 90 Swiss Francs.
    Luckily, Q4 is bonus time :-)

And it gives me 6 months to figure out how to fit them in the safe(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

+1 on farmer

I may also add it gives time to organize shadow funds to finance HK operations for wifey not to notice :-)

Very Senior Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy88 View Post
    +1 on farmer

I may also add it gives time to organize shadow funds to finance HK operations for wifey not to notice :-)
    What I call the "runner's fund"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by farmerbrown View Post
    Luckily, Q4 is bonus time :-)

And it gives me 6 months to figure out how to fit them in the safe(s)
    I have the same problem, but it should be fixed in the next 5-10 days when the new safe arrives (in plenty of time before Q4 :-)

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Prices:

MR223A3 (in EUR incl 19% VAT tax):

16.5" - 2699E
    14.5" - 2600E
    11" - 2600E

MR308A3:

16.5" '28' - 3190E
    16.5" - 2899E
    13" - 2899E
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    Current: SFP9SD-SF, P2000SK, MR223A3 11.5"
    Past: P30L, P2000, P30, P7M13, Expert, G3 (MKE T41), HK45C, MR223 16.5"/14.5", SFP9-SF
    I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Hornady, Khales & Typhoon Defence brands in Poland

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links