HK Wins the US Army CSASS Competition - RUMOR HAS IT - Page 13
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Wins the US Army CSASS Competition - RUMOR HAS IT

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAGunner View Post
    Take a poll on any other gun forum on the net, it will go 99.999% picking the SR-25 ACC/APC all day everyday over the HK... Most would pick the SCAR 17s/H over the boat anchor HK as well... I like HK, their 7.62 gun is not something I'd ever consider.
    Who cares what other people say on other forums . , or what you'd consider . It's pretty clear the Army doesn't !
    NRA Certified RSO

Be where your feet are

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crashmc View Post
    Who cares what other people say on other forums . , or what you'd consider . It's pretty clear the Army doesn't !
    A decision made by someone who doesn't have to carry a 100lbs rifle with proprietary mags...

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

A decision made by someone who doesn't have to carry a 100lbs rifle with proprietary mags...
    You're trolling this post for all your worth aren't ya ?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Take a poll on any other gun forum on the net, it will go 99.999% picking the SR-25 ACC/APC all day everyday over the HK... Most would pick the SCAR 17s/H over the boat anchor HK as well... I like HK, their 7.62 gun is not something I'd ever consider.
    This is why I hate the quote notification...
    98% of the forum community are just bags of hot air...couldn't care less what some armchair commandos would hypothetically want...not their/your/my call.

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Default HK Wins the US Army CSASS Competition - RUMOR HAS IT

You don't know what you're missing. Most hate things they don't understand.

The MR762 is a fantastic rifle, oh if I could only get my hands on a G28. My 20" MR762 may be a bear to carry but oh she is sooooo nice to shoot. Her twin shorty upper is the tops!!!

And I am just confused by the 100lbs comment, especially when the G28E is lighter than the G28, 417 and MR762. It met the required weight and beat the other competitors. Are you humping a 100lbs rifle for a living, cuz I've never met someone who does.
    Last edited by RegularGuy461969; 04-10-2016 at 04:18 AM.
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn’t mean they're not after you!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RegularGuy461969 View Post
    You don't know what you're missing. Most hate things they don't understand.

The MR762 is a fantastic rifle, oh if I could only get my hands on a G28. My 20" MR762 may be a bear to carry but oh she is sooooo nice to shoot. Her twin shorty upper is the tops!!!

And I am just confused by the 100lbs comment, especially when the G28E is lighter than the G28, 417 and MR762. It met the required weight and beat the other competitors. Are you humping a 100lbs rifle for a living, cuz I've never met someone who does.
    I think he meant 100lbs, and a heavy rifle with proprietary mags.......or I'm just giving them the benefit of doubt.

However we still have 2 years before we see if this contract actually becomes anything.

It may never actually be completed beyond the minimum, and USASOC may not adopt the weapon as it may not meat their requirements.

It's awesome H&K got this, however IMO, it's just to early to know if it is a true victory in the sense of full delivery with more down the line.
    Last edited by Joglee; 04-10-2016 at 04:41 AM.

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joglee View Post
    Lets suppose for a moment that this in fact a picture of what the Army has chosen. As stated, pieces parts can and often do change when production time comes along. Till then .....
    What is that for a bipod and bipod adapter? The Slim Line buttstock seems to have a nice feature in what looks like to be a quick detach swivel mount for a sling. Of course other than the fore and aft adjustments, all other features of the current G28 buttstock are gone. I looked on Troys website, but could not find if the offset BUIS are available with tritium inserts. Does anyone have an answer to that?
    MR 308 A3 20"
    MR 308 A1
    MR 223 A1
    HK 243 S TAR
    HK USC .45
    USP Expert .45
    MK 23

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Obviously the G28 is lighter, because that was part of the specs. The mags argument on the MR308/G28/417 is so laughable. The only people who ever complain about the mag price are people who can not afford the platform, for the military its not even a relevant point.
    We are looking at a platform cost north of 6k, the mag price is a tiny fraction of that and for the military, part of the contract.
    Also the G28 polmyer mag is just one of the best magazines I ever handled, it is far superior to the G3 type mag or the SR25 mags, which are also proprietary by the way. Just because "Magpul" sells consumer "cheapo" mags for SR25 does not make this a standard of any sorts.

Also, once the Army introduces G28 as platform, I am sure other companies will follow suit. I for one had the SR25 Magpul mag on my Sig 716 and it was OK, it was not great, and it was leagues below the G28 type mag, one of the best polymer mags ever made.

Requiescat in Pace
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Wow. So much opinion hate in this thread.
    If there was one "best" 7.62 AR for all tasks the others would have fallen by the wayside, no?
    Many of the SOCOM types want CSASS so they can dump all the SCAR H variants because they are tired of dealing with FN.
    The same has been true for KAC and their poor SR25 support to the various services over the years.
    The Brits dumped the LMT rifle due to issues and the Canadians are going forward with a SIG716 variant that smoked everything else in their tests - everything.
    Even HK has struggled to field and support a fully reliable HK417, some of which in the US in SOF are soon to be replaced.
    So there is much more to this topic then name brand and weight.

HK has to get to the finish line on this contract. The award just tees you up at the start position.
    Lots more to do and the protest period is not yet over yet. I have already been contacted by one competitor fishing for "info". They got nothing.

Remington just won a legal decision over them underbidding Colt and FN on an M4 recompete. They won it primarily on the basis that the US Army never should have awarded the contract to Colt due to their financial situation at that time. Sound familiar? At the same time Remington lost the PSR contract after beating all of the competition because they could not deliver the barrel performance they did with their proposal test samples.

Much could derail this award before the first series production rifle is delivered. Let's hope it does not. The US military from a performance standpoint has been very well served with the M27 IAR and M320 GLM in the big services and with the wide assortment of SOF weapons fielded. The HK416 is still the top performer in the 5.56mm class.

I would like to see SOMETHING fielded because it has been years since this process was started and the troops could use something like this in 7.62 to counter the opposition and their SVD's and PKP's.

G3Kurz

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Exciting news for HK and those who will be using the rifle. I hope everything with it goes smoothly, and that is does not suffer the same fate as the XM8.
    Hidden Content
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links