HK Wins the US Army CSASS Competition - RUMOR HAS IT - Page 14
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: HK Wins the US Army CSASS Competition - RUMOR HAS IT

Gets the Shakes if No HK Contact in 24 Hour Period

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm not sure where this weight argument is coming from. Didn't the competition specify that it must weigh less then 9 lbs? If they wanted lighter, they could have specified that instead.

-W

Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    This is why I hate the quote notification...
    98% of the forum community are just bags of hot air...couldn't care less what some armchair commandos would hypothetically want...not their/your/my call.
    That guy is a contrarian and whines about H&K... don't even know why the hell he's even here. Who invited this guy?
    Last edited by TheChunkNorris; 04-10-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personally im glad to hear this announcement, and also hope they can make it past the initial test rifle phase. This will bring much needed money to them as many have already stated. And from what G3Kurz mentioned, i didnt know that certain groups in our military have some displeasure with their Scar/H models and also did not know the brits dumped the LMT rifles. I remember years ago when they awarded the cotract to LMT, several of the gun mags had huge right ups about this. If HK can deliver a solid rifle platform, maybe some other top notch militaries will see that performance and sign on to HK. God knows they need some positive publicity will all the crap going on with the german military...
    "Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyways."-John Wayne

USP 45 BB
    USP 9 Expert BD
    VP9 BF
    VP9 FDE BG

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G3Kurz View Post
    The Brits dumped the LMT rifle due to issues...
    Hold on, when did that go down? And is the L129A1 out completely?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Hold on, when did that go down? And is the L129A1 out completely?
    I would like clarification as well.

That comment also feels very biased. I also find it hard to imagine and without actual proof of them being issued something in place of the L129A1, I won't accept it. I know Kurz knows his stuff about H&K, but it seems odd to have the MoD dump the L129A1 and adopt a new rifle without anyone having heard of it.

On another note, there is an excellent post here.
    Knight's Armament Company Issues Statement Regarding CSASS - Soldier Systems Daily

By a Lt. Col. David A. Lutz USMC, it is worth reading.
    Last edited by Joglee; 04-11-2016 at 01:47 AM.

Needs Therapy
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joglee View Post

That comment also feels very biased. I also find it hard to imagine and without actual proof of them being issued something in place of the L129A1, I won't accept it. I know Kurz knows his stuff about H&K, but it seems odd to have the MoD dump the L129A1 and adopt a new rifle without anyone having heard of it.

Knight's Armament Company Issues Statement Regarding CSASS - Soldier Systems Daily

Lt. Col. Dave Lutz is "Coldblue" on arfcom and m4c. By all accounts, he's a standup guy.

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

With all due respect to the Lt Col, what the heck else is a 16" barreled 308 AR going to look like? Our troops (and some of our allies) have gravitated toward the AR design/controls...is HK supposed to submit the MSG90 once again?

KAC got there first with their SR25; but not all of these times were happy times, and what was newer/better then is garbage by comparison now. It sucks that they've pushed for this and maybe feel left out in the cold. The HK 417 and by extension it's submission is a logical extension of the successful HKM4 project: the 416. As I alluded earlier; this isn't a nice industry (and it must really suck to deal with DoD's nonsense),but I have my fingers crossed that they legitimately picked the better tool for the the job. I say "better" because unlike it's little 5.56 brother, we still haven't conquered the 308 AR (maybe we never will).

As he said there (and others here), all we can do is wait and see how things shake out...if they even get that far.

Requiescat in Pace
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joglee View Post

Basing ones full understanding of current events on what is only in the internet is dangerous.
    The UK plans to replace the L129A1's as soon as they can find a suitable replacement.
    This has been mentioned by UK MoD reps at at least one public event and more than one private event I have attended.
    When it will happen I don't recall but that is their intent. For now the guns are still in service.
    G3Kurz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G3Kurz View Post
    At the same time Remington lost the PSR contract after beating all of the competition because they could not deliver the barrel performance they did with their proposal test samples.
    In addition to the SCAR and LMT comments, I find the above comment the most surprising. Not saying I don't believe you, but I even went back and read Freedom Group/Remington's 10-K and saw nothing about losing the PSR contract. Is this true because this is the first I've heard of it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The military bought the minimum required number of rifles under the PSR contract, and closed it out.

There were project management decisions about if they should use commercial button rifled barrels, which is what was used on the original samples, or internally made hammer forged barrels which Remington were all hot to showcase. Evidently, they decided to use the hammer forged barrels which did not perform as well.
    Last edited by ShootingSight; 04-11-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links