HKPRO Forums banner

HK Wins the US Army CSASS Competition - RUMOR HAS IT

43K views 177 replies 66 participants last post by  DarkPhoenix 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Interesting that LMT, FNH and HK were the finalist. What happened to KAC? Even more interesting is that the G28E1 will be taking over as the improved M-110. The "M-110E1", but I see quality issue with the OSS Suppressor now that the owner is long gone from TRIAS.

#10 ·
We may not yet see what the final HK CSASS is. That picture doesn't seem to have 45 degree offset sights and the optic may be different. The hand guard may not be HKeymod, but could be something else like the 417. The suppressor may or may not be OSS. I'd be curious to see what the final package looks like. What's really interesting is that the G28 won with the proprietary clear polymer magazine. The magazines are arguably potentially one of the weaker links in a system, and it seems to be a validation at least of the HK 417 proprietary magazine.

Also, all the SR25 KAC mags going forward would not be compatible.

Not sure where KAC figured in all of this, maybe it was price. Although, the requirement of 0.6" at 110 yards might also have been a deal breaker. None of my SR25 16" guns are 0.5 MOA, they are mostly @ 1MOA.

#12 ·
Well, hopefully this will infuse some much needed $$$$ into HK.

Looks like "baby steps" is going to be HK's business model into the US/DoD armory. first the M27, now the G28.

Hopefully they get the handgun contract, if that pipe dream every becomes a reality. Last I read/heard, the new handgun RFP was calling for a strike fired handgun, which is opposite of what previous RFP's had called for (hammer fired), but at any rate HK can very effectively compete in either firing system, between the VP offerings and the HK45/P30 variants.

And should the M4 truly get an update, one would think and upper kit from the 416A5 (or any other future variant) would be the right choice. that said, how many times have we watched the Army/DoD go down this rabbit hole?

anyway, I know I'm preaching to the choir..... it is good to see the best platform chosen, as Marine0303 pointed out.

#21 ·
Word in the military community is that it is no longer rumor. HK did in fact win the CSASS contract award.
See if they can keep it - fight off expected protests. Lots of "ammo" out there.

Their candidate used standard HK HK417/MR762 mags.

HK did not submit to the US Army MHS RFP (or the FBI one) so no way to win in those.

G3Kurz

#25 ·
Word in the military community is that it is no longer rumor. HK did in fact win the CSASS contract award.
See if they can keep it - fight off expected protests. Lots of "ammo" out there.

Their candidate used standard HK HK417/MR762 mags.

HK did not submit to the US Army MHS RFP (or the FBI one) so no way to win in those.

G3Kurz
From you, that is good enough for me!!! :biggrin:

Tony

#24 ·
Slater on M4Carbine.net posted this....

From today's DoD contract announcements:

Heckler & Koch Defense Inc., Ashburn, Virginia, was awarded a $44,500,000 firm-fixed-price contract with options for Compact Semi-Automatic Sniper System spare parts, training, and government purpose rights. Bids were solicited via the Internet with eight received with an estimated completion date of March 30, 2022. Funding and work location will be determined with each order. Army Contracting Command, Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey, is the contracting activity (W15QKN-16-D-0051).

#28 ·
From the defense contracts page -

"Heckler & Koch Defense Inc., Ashburn, Virginia, was awarded a $44,500,000 firm-fixed-price contract with options for Compact Semi-Automatic Sniper System spare parts, training, and government purpose rights. Bids were solicited via the Internet with eight received with an estimated completion date of March 30, 2022. Funding and work location will be determined with each order. Army Contracting Command, Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey, is the contracting activity (W15QKN-16-D-0051)."

http://www.defense.gov/News/Contracts/Contract-View/Article/710219

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.