HK 416 Kills Bin Laden- Article - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: HK 416 Kills Bin Laden- Article

AGG
    Unrepentant HKHolic
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)

Thanks for posting--- happy anniversary!!!

Tony

Really liking this HK Stuff Member

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    There are so many people hopelessly enamored with the 1950's direct impingement AR design that they form enough market inertia to keep it alive almost perpetually.
    ..and there are people so hopelessly enamored of piston guns that they ignore the fact that direct impingement ARs work better for most things than piston guns.

HKPRO Professional

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    ..and there are people so hopelessly enamored of piston guns that they ignore the fact that direct impingement ARs work better for most things than piston guns.
    The "fact" huh? Can you substantiate that?

I'm interested to see what "most things" actually contains.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HKPro.com
    Advertisements

Desperately Needs Treatment
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I still say they used 300 blackout upper , check out this I found from interview w Mark O.
    how quiet is it actually when you shoot a suppressed 416 or anything 5.56?

‘’ quiet enough not to be a recognizable gun shot from a short distance away. When shooting in a house room to room it still sounds like a gun shot, just muffled. That’s why we’ve started using the 300 blk out. It’s super quiet.’’
    German beer, cars, guns. Italian motorcycles

45CT LEM
    P30 LEM
    MR556
    MK23 w Knights Armament
    AAC Tirant 45s / 16x1RH,16x1LH
    HK 416 Umarex 22 LR
    45C FDE LEM
    AAC 762-SDN-6
    45C LEM
    P7 M8
    VP 9
    USP45 Tactical
    USP45c LEM
    USP9 LEM
    BAP9 SBR
    P30 SK

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom312 View Post
    I still say they used 300 blackout upper , check out this I found from interview w Mark O.
    how quiet is it actually when you shoot a suppressed 416 or anything 5.56?
    Pretty weak basis considering that's pretty much the only 300 BO reference yet a lot of talk about the 416 in the rest of the interview and in his books. So others can read:

https://markowenseal.wordpress.com/weapons/

Beyond that, other sources have also implicated the 416 as well as the supposed bcg being in private hands. Finally, the 300 BO was still relatively young in May 2011, and it is INCREDIBLY unlikely that experimental/non-standard equipment would be carried on this type of operation (remember how the stealth helo turned out). I have no doubt that the 300 BO has been played with prior to Mark's leaving the team, but seriously doubt it was the projectile to do the deed. I'm to understand it was likely a Barnes brown tip.

HKPRO PREMIUM PARTNER

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fargo007 View Post
    There are so many people hopelessly enamored with the 1950's direct impingement AR design that they form enough market inertia to keep it alive almost perpetually.

Add that to the institutional inertia of the US military and ensuing law enforcement use it's going to be extremely difficult to move past it. Even when far superior and more modern designs like the 416/(other piston guns), Tavor, and SCAR are available. Even the AUG A1 is some 20 years newer.
    HMMM.....When did HK invent the '9 series roller lock rifle?????? How about when the 1911 was invented (hint) and how long has it lasted?

Com'onnn Man! Age is not such a bad thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dms16 View Post
    Pretty weak basis considering that's pretty much the only 300 BO reference yet a lot of talk about the 416 in the rest of the interview and in his books. So others can read:

https://markowenseal.wordpress.com/weapons/

Beyond that, other sources have also implicated the 416 as well as the supposed bcg being in private hands. Finally, the 300 BO was still relatively young in May 2011, and it is INCREDIBLY unlikely that experimental/non-standard equipment would be carried on this type of operation (remember how the stealth helo turned out). I have no doubt that the 300 BO has been played with prior to Mark's leaving the team, but seriously doubt it was the projectile to do the deed. I'm to understand it was likely a Barnes brown tip.
    My conspiracy theory, that's why the blackout was created one shot takedown. AAC knows the truth......

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 4C Dragon View Post
    HMMM.....When did HK invent the '9 series roller lock rifle?????? How about when the 1911 was invented (hint) and how long has it lasted?

Com'onnn Man! Age is not such a bad thing.
    The Germans first began the roller lock with the STG45 (and possibly a modified MG42 variant). The Spanish Cetme was based off the these German applications (and German designer I believe). Then the Germans later opted for the G3 roller lock design to copy rather than the other variants of the time:
    G1 - FAL
    G2 - Sig 510
    G3 - Cetme
    G4 - AR10

It's not unlikely that some of the minds that came to make HK didn't have some input on the design when it was done up by Mauser, but given this patent, I don't think it's fair to say HK invented it.
    Patent US2089671 - Automatic firearm - Google Patents

And @fargo007 , some of those newer designs ain't better, bro. Look at any of the militaries that have the Steyr/F88 that are actually putting in work. Either they are dumping them as a whole (NZ picking up LMT's) or their top tier guys are running M4/C8's (Aussies). The Tavor and SCAR are over-hyped.

The Browning tilt barrel (1911) design, STG 44 (AK), Mauser action (most modern bolt action designs), WWII era designs living on in nearly all MG's, and the Stoner (AR15) are all dominating the world still...the Stoner design being the youngest kid at that table ironically enough...
    Last edited by dms16; 05-04-2016 at 03:34 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by volcom312 View Post
    My conspiracy theory, that's why the blackout was created one shot takedown. AAC knows the truth......
    At least put your nonsensical "theory" in the past tense "AAC knew the truth". AAC is all Remington puppets now...and they don't know **** anymore.

...and pretty sure he would have been shot more than once...

Very Senior Member

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FS1 View Post
    I can't believe some of the ignorance in the comments of that article.

Can you imagine what that rifle would auction for if it ever came up. Yes I know it likely won't. Imagine.
    I can only imagine it in a museum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links